Thread: Is it possible to exchange concert tickets?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Is it possible to exchange concert tickets?

Going to another concert tmr (Joan Jett & The Blackhearts). I went and bought tickets at a ticketmaster booth in the mall. And my hubby was just looking online if there were any seats left and found there were some in the 2nd row... The tickets we bought from the booth are in like the 12th row.

Anyways, the price isn't that much more expensive so I was wondering if I could go back to the booth tmr morning and pay the difference and exchange for the better seats. Is this possible/do they allow this kind of thing?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Generally, ticketmaster are pretty big dicks about returns...your best bet I'd think would be to call the ticketmaster phone number tonight and ask them if you would be able to do an exchange either at the box office or one of their ticketmaster locations. They dont normally allow it, but if they know that you'll be spending more money they might let you get away with it...

Otherwise I'd think that you'll either have to deal with 12th row, or buy the 2nd row seats and try and sell your 12th row seats at the show...there are normally people outside looking to buy tickets at the last minute, especially if its a sold out (or close to) show.

thanks haggard. I can never get a live person when I call the ticketmaster line so I'll just go back to the booth tmr and see. The people there were pretty nice actually (hope the same people will be there tmr).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

I think I'd prefer to be in Row 12 instead of the Mosh Pit anyway but I'm ancient.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh yea you have a point AO...cuz it might possibly be all punk n stuff, plus my hubby might get scared off by the kind of crowd (if you know what I mean)...and 12th row isn't all that far I don't think.

A*O

If it's Joan Jett then No Men will be allowed in the first few rows anyway. You husband might indeed feel a bit intimidated. You need to choose the outfit you wear to this concert VERY carefully mooms.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If it's Joan Jett then No Men will be allowed in the first few rows anyway. You husband might indeed feel a bit intimidated. You need to choose the outfit you wear to this concert VERY carefully mooms.
    Out of curiosity - why would her husband be intimiaded, and what about the outfit???

I was able to exchange my tickets at ticketmaster once. I bought floor tickets (aka the mosh pit) for Nine Inch Nails back in 2000 because my friends wanted to be down there. The floor tickets ended up selling out just as an additional friend decided that she wanted to go. I politely asked the elderly ticketmaster lady if there was any way I could exchange my floor ticket for a seat ticket about a week before the concert. She complied, and the guy behind me immediately bought my returned floor ticket.

Unless you make up a story about your moms dead cat, ticketmaster are usually D*cks about returns.
    You might try her webstite or fansite and craigs list
    to get rid of them.
    Good luck and have fun I hear she is great live.

Thread Information