Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever snuck a digi cam into a concert?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Has anyone ever snuck a digi cam into a concert?

I need to know... Plz share your experience and tricks here

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

I can't get anything by, they pad you down pretty thoroughly, make you throw away your food and bottles of water too

Do they even frisk your naughty areas?
    Do they use metal detectors?

I heard that it depends on the artist(s) if they want to allow or ban cameras and some only allow disposable cameras (which are kinda useless if you're seated far from the stage).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

Depends how big the artist/venue is I think

well, I'm asking this cuz I'm going to Aerosmith/Motley Crue show in December. Vancouver is a rocker city so this is pretty big IMO. (You guys over there in Toronto get more pop and hip pop artists, we usually get more rockers here).

On the ticket, it says no cameras. But I was lurking last night at the MC forum and some peeps were saying hide it under a bra cuz the underwire would set off the metal detector anyways, or some people have seen cameras get confisticated. Other people had no problem sneaking them in and they'd post pics on their forum.

Apparently they took a lot of cameras away last night at the Stones concert..

was this at GM place PB?

Yeah, GM Place. A couple of friends of ours went. Said it was a great show. I've seen them three or four times over the years for free but wouldn't pay to seem then now.

I think you get them back at the end of the show, but it's risky to take anything in.

make your boobs huge like dolly pardon and no one will go near it. ;P

sorry i don't know how to do the stupid smiley face thing

I've heard of people hiding them in tampon boxes b/c the male security doesn't want to touch scary girl stuff.

Oh good idea I wonder if they'll have metal detectors though. Last MC concert I went to, they banned alcohol cuz the crowd tends to get rowdy. But this time booze is allowed (our seats are on the balcony = alcohol AOK )

I also want to ask, would you guys bring a purse/bag? I don't know if I will cuz I kind of want to dress light and don't want stuff lifted...

I don't like to keep up with a purse at a concert. It's easier to dance without baggage. It depends on the venue here and how tight security is about getting stuff in.

edited to say, say hello to that yummy Nikki for me!

One more question. Does anyone know if you are also allowed to bring cell phone in?

Cell phones are usually ok. I personally dont like to bring digicams to concerts in case they get dropped or confiscated or something I havent lost anything expensive...

I do however regularly bring disposable cameras to shows. I normally stuff them in my bra, because the places security is not allowed to pat you down is your actual tits and your crotch (they can pat your inseam, but not where your legs meet) so down the bra or in the panties is normally a good place to sneak in cameras. Be careful if you decide to do the panties route though...you have to affix it somehow otherwise it could fall out while you're walking. Disposable cameras also dont set off metal detectors.

I would suggest against purses or bags, because they usually have to be searched before entry. If its general admission then that means you'll be getting in after people who just have to be patted down...which means shittier seats/ standing area for you.

I go to a LOT of shows, so basically if theres any little tips or tricks I know most of them...lol

Thanks Haggard. I think I'll stuff one in my bra.
    How about regular film cameras? Would they set off the metal detector? Our seats are on the balcony so unless I do get to meet them in person, disposable would be kinda useless and I want to use the zoom either on film or digi cam.

And even if I managed to sneak a camera in, I'm not allowed to use flash right? Not that I would but if I could bring one in then I'll just not turn it on or disable it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information