Thread: Positive Review on K-Fed's album

Gold Member

Default Positive Review on K-Fed's album

I'm shocked. Here's the link & the story found it under reviews for yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/...evin_federline

Music Review: Shocker! K-Fed delivers By RON HARRIS, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Oct 30, 1:58 PM ET

Kevin Federline, "Playing With Fire" (Federline Records)

All jokes aside about his climb to fame, Kevin Federline's album "Playing With Fire" is a credible, entertaining debut. I kid you not.

K-Fed knows the role. He's been hated, debated, and roundly derided for his marriage to Britney Spears. Thus, the detractors are unlikely to admit that this is nicely raw around the edges, probably some of the most sincere urban storytelling you'll hate to admit you like.

He takes on the topics closest to him; from his rise from Fresno County obscurity to a hip-hop stage dancer to a high-profile position on the arm of Spears.

Is it Fed's fault he's got so much hustle? Don't hate the hustler, hate the game.

Tracks like "Privilege" are spot-on smooth, with K-Fed rhyming about the life he's grown accustomed to — and the one he left behind. "I got Gucci on, she got Prada/ She calls me daddy but she's not my daughter/ And I'm not her father I'm just a mack/ Got tired of the drugs so I switched to rap."

The beats are primely polished, but tough enough to maintain an aggressive stance. On "Keep on Talkin'," K-Fed talks about "pancaking" back in the days, an allusion to riding the drug trade no doubt. The streets of Fresno County are no joke, and good for Fed-Rock if wants to boast about surviving that life.

And "Crazy" (featuring the wife) has one serious club banger beat. You just have to move to it. Resistance is futile.

Hats off to K-Fed. There's a lot here to like.

K-Fed must give great blowjobs to get a review like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Anyone who buys this must be tasered at checkout.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Ron Harris = Britney Spears
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Amusing reviews at Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Playing-Fire-K...e=UTF8&s=music

I like this one:
    "Mr. Federline does it again with this beatiful masterpeice. His lyrics evoke a sweet longing and show what a complex and deep man is behind the words. Songs like "Dance with a Pimp" and "Middle Finger" will go down through the ages as true masterworks of the craft. The subtle mixture of complex and throbbing rhythms and deep insightful lyrics bring tears to the eye. Truly his finest work out of an already impressive catalog."

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Oh puh-leeze. Amazon i just trying to move product.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think the review on Amazon was being wholly sarcastic
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think this was in 'The Revelation' in the Bible wasn't it? Wasn't THIS the 6th sign of the end of the world? Or the 5th?? Either way, its CLOSE.

I saw that good review earlier and refused to post it. It just cannot be true. He HAS to suck.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

i went to amazon to see if i could hear the previews...no previews..wtf...i loved reading the reviews...my fav:

If he weren't married to Britney "I Sold My Body Instead of My Talent when I was a kid" Spears, Kevin, aka "Cletus" would be your deadbeat brother-in-law sleeping on your couch, bumming money for cigarettes and beer.

i liked this one too:

It's a miracle! K-Fed is so talented that after a single listen my club foot righted itself and my shaking from second stage parkinson's was reduced to just a small tremble! Kevin Federline is truly the second coming of Christ. Buy this album!

A lot of people gave him 5 stars..but once you read their review..they are almost all sarcastic..most of them are pretty funny..i hate to admit this but i actually want to hear a few of the songs..just to see how bad it really is..ill have to search online when i get home from work..i sure as hell am not wasting money to buy it
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Is this the same album with popozao or did that fiasco just disappear?

Gold Member

From what I was reading the poppazao (whatever) was supposed to be on the album but got so panned that they decided to not use it.

Thread Information