Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Daft Punk called it quits.

Default Daft Punk called it quits.

I just spent some time copying and pasting, then it disappeared. Im using my phone, and having problems. Here is the link: https://www.google.de/amp/s/pitchfor...-it-quits/amp/
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I hope it's so he can spend more quality time with Elodie Bouchez!

i'm kind of gutted. they're sooooo good and they put on a really fun live show. i'll miss looking forward to new music by them.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i've never seen them live but i like their music. bummer.

Posting this because they are a pretty cool duo and Elodie is in a swimsuit:

Daft Punk fans were devastated yesterday when the French electronic dance duo announced they've split after 28 years in an emotional farewell video.
    Famously publicity shy, Guillaume Emmanuel de Homem-Christo (known as Guy-Manuel, or Guy-Man) and Thomas Bangalter first started performing together in 1993 after meeting at school in Paris and bonding over their shared love of Sixties music.
    Their career has spanned almost three decades and has produced four chart-topping albums, six Grammy wins and has made them serious money: they are thought to be worth an estimated 50million each.

Read More

But while many in their position are household names, Homem-Christo and Bangalter have remained out of the spotlight - largely thanks to their love of performing in robot-inspired headgear and avoiding public events.
    The pair have previously said it is because they don't believe in 'stars' - although they have collaborated with some of the biggest in the industry, including Pharrell Williams and the Weeknd - and wanted the focus to remain on the music.

+12

Early years: Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, pictured in 1995, met while at Lyce Carnot school together in 1987

+12

Glamorous other half: Bangalter's wife, French actress Elodie Bouchez, is no stranger to the spotlight. Pictured together in Florida in 2013, where they were attending good friend Pharrell Williams' wedding to model Helen Lasichanh

+12

Ultra private: Little is known about Homem-Christo's partner - believed to be called Guila and the mother of his two children (pictured together in Paris in February 2014)

+12

Men behind the masks: Daft Punk fans were devastated yesterday after the French electronic dance duo (pictured in January 2014) announced they've split after 28 years

Indeed Homem-Christo is so private that he's never made a public appearance with his wife and has only been photographed off-duty a handful of times.
    Bangalter, whose father wrote Ottowan hit D.I.S.C.O, is married to French actress Elodie Bouchez and marginally more high profile - as well as being the chattier of the two.
    RELATED ARTICLES

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

The reason behind their sudden split is unknown; their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news but gave no explanation.
    However the pair, who last released music in 2016, both have their own projects: Homem-Christo as a songwriter and Bangalter as a music label owner and aspiring film director.
    So, as the chapter closes on one of the most successful electronic dance duos of all time, FEMAIL asks: who are the men behind the helmets?
    pinkbunnyslippers and panic like this.

^Once again, my main takeaway from that article is that Mo has strange taste in women. I had to google this one but she looks anorexic with horse teeth.
    Be excellent to each other.

She's awesome! And don't get me started on Rossy de Palma!

Thread Information