Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What was / would be your Wedding Song?

Question What was / would be your Wedding Song?

I am partly curious and at the same time I hope for a little inspiration as I'm getting married soon and we haven't agreed on a wedding song yet. (It's not so much that we argue about what song it should be, but that we just haven't found anything yet.)

Those of you who are married: What were your songs / was your song, and how did you choose? For those who are not married - do you have any idea what you would choose?

Neither of us is very traditional and not very romantic, which is why many songs are omitted because they somehow don't suit us.
    One song we both like very much is a Red Hot Chili Peppers song, Hard to Concentrate. Fits the topic, but is very atypical. Maybe we'll take that song for the civil wedding. But then one more song remains open for the first dance. And a song for the ceremony. (The civil wedding is a month earlier and only with family and close friends)
    effie2 likes this.
    -

Eliana went over this last year at her wedding..She talked about it with her friends,sister,me,everybody.Of course with the husband to be!She became very confused.Then she said she doesnt care if the song fits,or if it pleases her guests.So,they chose whatever they liked and the first song they ever danced together.They were so happy they shone!Not even me gave a shit about their choice.So,you and your boy know best!go for it and shine!
    sprynkles and funky_chicken like this.

First wedding Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis, second wedding Brighter Than Sunshine by Aqualung.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

At Last was first dance.

our harpist played annie's song (request of mr czb) after we were officially married and walked down the aisle. i wanted her to play the ship song but i couldn't find an arrangement for her (she could play anything as long as she had the written music).

picking music for the wedding was challenging.
    funky_chicken likes this.

Thank you for sharing! I love it. Greys, I forgot about the song Brighter than Sunshine, it's beautiful. And czb, at last is such a great song, so powerful.
    ADel, I can't play your video... I'm having a hard time playing some videos because I'm in Europe, must be a legal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Eliana went over this last year at her wedding..She talked about it with her friends,sister,me,everybody.Of course with the husband to be!She became very confused.Then she said she doesnt care if the song fits,or if it pleases her guests.So,they chose whatever they liked and the first song they ever danced together.They were so happy they shone!Not even me gave a shit about their choice.So,you and your boy know best!go for it and shine!
    Totally agree! It's not that I want to please our guests. We just didn't find "the song" yet so I love to get inspired and hear about other weddings, maybe it will lead me to a song I didn't think of yet.
    -

ok,i,ll say it,,its my all time standard and the bride niece you chose it loved it,her people too.It,s for the first dance and it,s Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton..Come on,call me names now!Eliana did..lol
    darksithbunny and greysfang like this.

Ha, no I love the song! I jus recently heard a beautiful cover version in a movie but I can't remember where it was or anything else.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Thank you for sharing! I love it. Greys, I forgot about the song Brighter than Sunshine, it's beautiful. And czb, at last is such a great song, so powerful.
    ADel, I can't play your video... I'm having a hard time playing some videos because I'm in Europe, must be a legal thing.

Totally agree! It's not that I want to please our guests. We just didn't find "the song" yet so I love to get inspired and hear about other weddings, maybe it will lead me to a song I didn't think of yet.

First wedding the song was chosen to make everyone else happy. I don't even remember what song i actually wanted or if we ever even had an our song. Its sad that I really don't even have any romantic type memories of my childrens' father.

Second wedding there was no question of what the song would be. One day I was idly playing Brighter than Sunshine on the piano at his dad's house in Norway and it turned into a "moment" and it became our song. Even thinking about the song makes me glow a little bit.
    Last edited by greysfang; July 27th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
    fgg, CornFlakegrl, effie2 and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Actually that was "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones. The inside of our wedding rings says "Hey ho, let's go", so that was the logical choice.
    Tati, funky_chicken and sputnik like this.

God Only Knows by the Beach Boys.

One, we both loved the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album.

Two, the music is pretty and romantic, but the lyrics start off with "I may not always love you" then "If you should ever leave me, then life would still go on believe me," which is unusual for a love song and...well, true. We both approached marriage that way, knowing it's all uncertain but we chose to be together anyway.
    greysfang, LaFolie, effie2 and 4 others like this.

I had no dancing at my twp weddings. Sad. They were rushed, last minutes weddings! I was only pregnant for the second wedding! Friends weddings songs:

Always and Forever by Heatwave. Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police.(Yes, I was shaking my head telling my other friend that is a stalker song) With This Ring by The Platters. And this one made me cry at my cousin's wedding when they danced: One in a Million by Larry Graham.

Silver Member

Beeyotch, we were at a wedding this weekend that the bridesmaids and ushers walked down the aisle to the Beach Boys 'Wouldn't it be nice'. Still a classic.

Silver Member

ok,i,ll say it,,its my all time standard and the bride niece you chose it loved it,her people too.It,s for the first dance and it,s Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton..Come on,call me names now!Eliana did..lol
    I'v tried to explain to my now just 16 year old the Ed Shirreen knocked of Wonderful Tonight and Lady in Red...but she thinks he invented it all.

My stepfather sang Wonderful Tonight to my Mom at their wedding. They had their own mini wedding table for two and when he got up to sing she waved me over to sit with her. He sang it with all his heart as she clutched my hand and lost circulation from her squeezing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess of Verona View Post
    I'v tried to explain to my now just 16 year old the Ed Shirreen knocked of Wonderful Tonight and Lady in Red...but she thinks he invented it all.
    I'd like to have a little talk with your daughter....

My mother and step father had a wedding video made and I suggested they used The Best Is Yet to Come by Sinatra. It's old fashioned and nobody can relate to it but I think it's swingy and sophisticated. Makes for a fun first dance.

Out of the tree of life, I just picked me a plum
    You came along and everything started to hum
    Still it's a real good bet, the best is yet to come

The best is yet to come, and wont that be fine
    You think youve seen the sun, but you aint seen it shine

Wait till the warm-up is underway
    Wait till out lips have met
    Wait till you see that sunshine day
    You aint seen nothin yet

The best is yet to come, and wont that be fine
    The best is yet to come, come the day that your mine

Come the day that your mine