Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By panic
  • 3 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: The Ramones Get New York City Street Named in Their Honour

Default The Ramones Get New York City Street Named in Their Honour

Ramones Get New York City Street Named in Their Honour

While Ramones are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their iconic self-titled debut with an expanded reissue, the band's roots are set to be honoured this month with the renaming of a New York City street.

On October 23, a street at the intersection of 67th Avenue and 110th Street in Queens will be renamed Ramones Way. The street sits in front of the main entrance to Forest Hills High School, which original band members Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee and Tommy Ramone attended.

The motion to rename the street was approved by New York City Council this past summer, with the official unveiling taking place at 11 a.m. EDT on October 23.

It's the second street to be renamed after a Queens music icon this year, with A Tribe Called Quest's Phife Dawg having been posthumously honoured with Malik "Phife Dawg" Taylor Way in August

Ramones Get New York City Street Named in Their Honour
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That's cool.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I love the Ramones. I listen to this song all the time when I'm running.....

They deserve it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Very cool, thanks for posting this!

i don't know if if y'all heard the argument between joey and mark ramone via telephone on howard, but holy shit, it was pee-your-pants FUNNY. they weren't trying to be funny, they were both genuinely disgusted and serious with each other, but still both very clever in their comebacks. i love their guts for that.

i like sedated, rock n roll high school and pet sematary.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

My favorite:

It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    i don't know if if y'all heard the argument between joey and mark ramone via telephone on howard, but holy shit, it was pee-your-pants FUNNY. they weren't trying to be funny, they were both genuinely disgusted and serious with each other, but still both very clever in their comebacks. i love their guts for that.

i like sedated, rock n roll high school and pet sematary.
    I heard the interview - I admit, it was epic. I also thought that Joey got the upper hand through most of the argument. I had no idea he had such a great ability to deliver hilarious, withering put-downs. And I think, at the time, that Joey was already seriously ill.

"I Wanna be Sedated" isn't just a great Ramones song. It's a great song in general. One really quirky song that I liked by them was actually sung by Dee Dee Ramone. It's really short, and really punk - "Endless Vacation".

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I heard the interview - I admit, it was epic. I also thought that Joey got the upper hand through most of the argument. I had no idea he had such a great ability to deliver hilarious, withering put-downs. And I think, at the time, that Joey was already seriously ill.
    Joey definitely got the upper hand and with such subtlety, never even raising his voice, he sounded like he could easily roll right over and go back to sleep.

i've heard that interview not too long ago, while howard was on vacation and they played reruns and old classic interviews, so they still play it every once in a while.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Thread Information