Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Default Guns N' Roses

Anyone else enjoying their semi reunion? I think Axl sounds amazing, much better than he has in the last few years. Watching youtube videos has brought back great memories from my youth.
    Wisher likes this.

Mr. P surprised me with tickets for early August. Wooo! Hopefully Axl lasts that long.
    Froogy, Wisher, gas_chick and 1 others like this.

Steven Adler has joined them onstage for a couple of songs, a couple of nights. He's sounding pretty good, and looking startlingly like Robert Plant these days. Axl, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be holding up to the tour too well. He doesn't sound good, and he looks worse.

Wow, Steven looks great. Maybe a bit botoxed, but pretty good for him. Axl looks like a crazy old lady.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I beg to differ about Axl. I think he sounds good as did the rest of the band and it is a camera video. I was thrilled to see Adler. I've got 16 days till I see them with the Cult. So freaking pumped.
    panic, Froogy, Laurent and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

They played at Arrowhead a little bit ago and a friend of mine says it was a great show and they sounds like they always did.
    gas_chick and panic like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Duff looks great. Glad to see Steve Adler back in place.
    Laurent, ikmccall and LastLook like this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I've been following them on Snap Chat and Axl sounds like he did in his prime. Maybe some notes arent held as long as they once where, but he's in his 50s now.

Axl has sounded like shit in recent years traveling with his version of GNR. He slaughtered my favorite song, November Rain, in one youtube video I watched, and he has been nailing it on this tour.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Steven Adler has joined them onstage for a couple of songs, a couple of nights. He's sounding pretty good, and looking startlingly like Robert Plant these days. Axl, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be holding up to the tour too well. He doesn't sound good, and he looks worse.
    I just watched the video you posted and I respectively disagree with you. Axl sounds like he did in the late 80s and early 90s in concert. No, he doesnt sound like the recorded version that we are all so used to now since every one lip syncs nowadays. He sounds just like he did in live concerts 20 years ago. He runs around the stage just like he used to and is winded sometimes, but he doesnt sound bad in my opinion.

On his looks. Fuck it, everyone ages. He didnt age as well as his band mates, it happens.

No, I am not some crazy fantard (well maybe a little bit) but I give credit when due, and at his age, I think he is doing a really well.
    LastLook likes this.

Everyone in GnR was fucked in 1990, but Adler was so drugged out that he was actually let go, so in light of that, I'd say he looks pretty good.

Axl doesn't quite look like he did in 1991, when I was sure he'd be my first husband, but not terrible. I want him to say fuck it and throw on some bike shorts for old times' sake. Duff looks great. Slash looks like he's just stepped out of Appetite for Destruction, no lie.
    Froogy and LastLook like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Adler just looks happy to be a live. Duff looks like I still would. Slash is a God. Axl sounds pretty good to me but I thought he was getting all his fat pics scrubbed off the web because he had slimmed down.
    Froogy and HeartShapedBox like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I say Axl's voice isn't holding up because he is having more trouble hitting and sustaining notes in that video than he did earlier in the tour. I'm aware GnR live has always been hit or miss, so it's possible he was having an off night, but, he doesn't look good. And i don't mean "fat Axl with questionable hairstyle choices", I mean "might be sick".

Steven Adler looks positively healthy, and better than he has for 25 years. Duff looks like he always does, and Slash never seems to age behind that hair and hat. Both of them have, essentially, been playing non-stop with some project or band since the 90s, so of course they sound great.

I actually think Axl looks better than he has in years. He has lost some weight and seems to have a spark back for this tour. I hope Steven Adler stays clean and healthy. That man really put himself through the ringer. I bet he can't even believe he is alive some days.
    sprynkles and Froogy like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I beg to differ about Axl. I think he sounds good as did the rest of the band and it is a camera video. I was thrilled to see Adler. I've got 16 days till I see them with the Cult. So freaking pumped.
    Huh, GnR and the Cult toured together a million years ago....it is said that Ian Astbury and his then-girlfriend essentially created Axl's signature look, putting bandannas, skull n crossbones etc. on him...

Duff is so hawt.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Yep the Cult is opening for them on a few shows. I've never seen them either so I'm doubly excited.
    ManxMouse likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information