Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adele '25'

Default Adele '25'

I'm sure almost everyone has heard about Adele's new album and heard the 30-sec clip that was released. So are you excited? I really wasn't until I read this blurb from Adele.

Okay, so this girl is 20 years younger than me, but I very vividly remember this point in my life. I was just thinking abut it the other day, the time I really first felt like a grownup. Now I'm very excited to hear what she has to say.

I still feel like she's a discount substitute for Amy Winehouse, but she can change my mind maybe.
    HWBL and kasippu like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She's talented, I agree she's no Amy Winehouse, but hey she's alive so there's that.

I think it'd be great if she could come up with album names other than her age. I get her sentiment from what she said but at this point--her albums were 19, 21 and now 25--it seems like she couldn't be bothered to come up with a title.
    effie2 and panic like this.

Amy Winehouse is incredibly overrated, I'll nip over to the unpopular opinion thread now...
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Effie is gonna whup your ass for that. Hell, I might. Amy was everything.

Yeah, I'm mad. Just for that I'm going to go find Peyton and make out with him just to piss you off.

No I'm not, because...fucking ew.
    Beeyotch, effie2, panic and 3 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Amy was everything, I like Adele but she just does not compare to Amy , and yeah eww ^
    effie2, panic and Lofty Bike like this.

If Adele was to die today she wont even make headlines worldwide.There will be no books or movies for her.She ll be easily forgotten and wont leave a mark on music or people,s heart.Amy was a authentic artist,a pure talent ,a strong personality and a likable,warm person.Her issues made her what she was..a weak a vulnerable girl,an enormous musical talent that we lost too early.
    Adele has a nice voice,she can write some music but no way she ll reach that high..Amy made rules,Adele follows them.
    HWBL, greysfang, Brah and 1 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Amy was a talented tortured soul of an addict-that makes for a lasting memory in music!! Adele is pure talent with no tortured drama!!
    HWBL, MontanaMama, Sleuth and 2 others like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^^ While I agree that Adele is pure talent (sorry, but Amy who? She nor her music were ever really on my radar), it's the tortuous side of her last "break up" album that got her noticed and beloved in mainstream USA. It gives a musician passion and that shows through loud and clear for any artist, especially talented ones. I wasn't really impressed with "Skyfall" so I have high hopes for 25.

i'll have the unpopular opinion and say that I hate Adele's music.
    effie2 and sputnik like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    If Adele was to die today she wont even make headlines worldwide.There will be no books or movies for her.She ll be easily forgotten and wont leave a mark on music or people,s heart.Amy was a authentic artist,a pure talent ,a strong personality and a likable,warm person.Her issues made her what she was..a weak a vulnerable girl,an enormous musical talent that we lost too early.
    Adele has a nice voice,she can write some music but no way she ll reach that high..Amy made rules,Adele follows them.
    Effie love, Amy was talented, but she made worldwide headlines because she was a musician who died at the age of 27 and was a trainwreck.
    Kittylady, BelledeJour and sluce like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Adele - Hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A

AdeleVEVO

Published on Oct 22, 2015
    ‘Hello' is taken from the new album, 25, out November 20. Adele
    Heidi Ho likes this.

Show business is never short of trainwrecks and junkies ,very very few are special.She was.She was THE talent,she had a beautiful,powerful voice.And she wrote some beautiful music.If you are in a place and her song starts playing,oh you can see people stop talking and either sing along or just listen..even in Nice,i saw frenchies singing along to* back to black*She still was played all over Europe.NEVER heard Adele though..
    HWBL, Heidi Ho, greysfang and 2 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Amy reminds me of Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday. She had the power to make you totally empathetic, her voice and lyrics communicated her pain in an uncanny way. And she was lucky to hook up with people who made sure the music did the same thing.

Adele has a great voice and music is ok for my taste (it still feels like predictable breakup songs) but it doesn't rip my heart out and connect to that deep, primal human pain like Amy. Adele doesn't run that deep for me, it feels a bit simple and superficial by comparison.
    greysfang, Brah, effie2 and 2 others like this.

I heard Hello on the radio this morning. It sounds like every other Adele song. I thought the lyrics and phrasing sucked too.
    effie2 likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information