Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Sia - Elastic Heart featuring Shia LaBeouf and Maddie Ziegler

Default Sia - Elastic Heart featuring Shia LaBeouf and Maddie Ziegler

Love this song and clip. Has been on repeat ever since I've heard it. I'm not a fan of Shia but he's surprisingly good in this.

Dorahacky and Lalasnake like this.

Elite Member

Thank you so much for posting this, ele_sheep.

What an awesome song and very cool video

Both Shia and Maddie are bloody amazing here.

(Umm yeah Shia.. you can let go of Maddie now.. the video is finished... hahaha).

i LOVE it!
    Lalasnake likes this.

Elite Member

I kind of hate the fact that Maddie actually is talented. I never thought she was anything special when I watched Dance Moms -- an excellent dancer, but I didn't think she was as great as Abby does. It annoyed me. It annoys me that she really is talented. Ugh. Abby was right.
    JerriBlank likes this.

She's talented to the point where she can even make Shia LaB convey real emotions
    I've always thought he was a big BLAH, that's the 1st time I think he's actually got something, I guess it's thanks to her.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

That was great but for the last 30 seconds I was yelling "just turn sideways!"
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I hate how hot he is in this.
    Lalasnake, faithanne, Brah and 4 others like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Good Lord... he made my vag twitch. He's hot in this video!

I just google this Maddie because I've never heard of her before. She's TWELVE?!!?
    BeantownBitch likes this.

Yep, and you should see interviews of her. She seems so mature for her age. I'm always surprised when I see kids so successful in terms of acting, singing or dancing. Like, I always remember when I was their age, I was such an introverted, awkward mess, I could've never what they had done.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I guess people are upset over the vid. Saying it's not right...thinking pedo stuff.
    I don't think there was a bad thing ABOUT IT. Love it.
    It's art, dancing..... People need to chill.
    Lalasnake likes this.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

I love the song and the video is brilliant!
    Lalasnake likes this.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

I'm a total simpleton and whatever symbolization there is in this video as it relates to the song is totally lost on me. I just keep watching it thinking about what dirty things I'd do to Shia, which makes me feel shameful cause he's such a douche yet I find him so incredibly hot at this beefy man-stage he's in right now.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Weird, I can't get it to play.

Elite Member

Beeyotch, have you tried copying the Youtube video URL, and then open up another browser page and paste the URL address and then go from there?

Sometimes i also find cleaning out those damn cookies helps too. .. Hope i've been able to help.

BeantownB & nwgirl.. i see the Video as Shia and Maddie being almost 'Primate-like' in this.. with Shia being the 'father' and Maddie being his angry Daughter, and they are trying figure each other out.

That's how i have interpreted the Video.

And nwgirl you are NOT a "simpleton" at all, Missy!

But yes, Shia looks like a sexy beast-man in this.

I have mixed feelings about Maddie (like 70-30, good) because I've watched Dance Moms since the beginning and I've seen the blatant disparity she treats Maddie with compared to all the other girls. I guess I should say that my mixed feelings are about Melissa (Maddie's mother) more than Maddie, because it's Melissa that's pushing, pushing, pushing, ass kissing, ass kissing, ass kissing. I don't know ... I guess just after watching it for so long, I'm not as happy for Maddie when she wins (which is almost always) as I am the other girls. I almost feel like she gets off easy because there's always privates available for her, she gets the best choreography, the best costumes, but in the same token, she works her ASS off and has since at least until the show started. And she is incredibly talented. I guess maybe my wish for her is that she became famous (and she will be famous, I have no doubt this child will go all the way with TV, movies, music and dancing) not because of Hateful Abby but on her own devices. And Abby is going to throw this video in every child and mother's faces every chance she gets ... but I HIGHLY doubt someone of Shia's caliber (like it or not) would allow Abby to direct or even have a say in how this video went down, but Abby will take full credit anyway (I hate her, can you tell?).

I don't remember who said primates, but that's an EXCELLENT analogy. I was thinking this is so weird ... the age difference ... until maybe less than a minute in and it changed. I couldn't come up with the right description, but primates fits perfectly. I've seen Shia in Transformers (like everybody else), Disturbia (which I actually liked), some military movie with Michelle Monaghan, the last Indy movie (which was a travesty and like when George Clooney (as much as I love him) took down the Batman series singlehandedly), and I think that's it. I've always liked him, even though I knew he was displaying douche-y behavior, there's just something about him. I really feel he has genuine mental issues (like bipolar or something) because he can go from zero to 100 faster than a Lamborghini. But I really like watching him act in most of the things I've seen him in. And I do think he's very talented, just maybe a little wayward for the time being. And yes, I agree, the man-beast is hot here.

To me, the primates theory really hits with the open mouth screaming by both and when Shia tried to touch Maddie on the face when she was laying on the floor, she got up, screamed but he had his hand out and she smelled both of his hands while he let her do it. That's not human behavior. My two favorite parts were when he was carrying her and she kept bopping him on the head and he'd change faces (tongue sticking out, angry, etc.) with each bop, and when she backflipped onto his kneeling body backwards and he picked her up by the legs and carried her dangling from his back (it was a "pretty" dance move). I don't generally watch music videos anymore but this one was awesome .... thanks electrocuted_sheep for sharing!!!

ETA: I had YouTube open in another tab and Sia's Chandelier started playing while I was typing this (I hate that new feature) and Maddie is also in that in the same wig and dirty, nude leotard. Good for her. Maybe she's become Sia's new muse? Just as long as Abby doesn't start taking credit for Sia's awesomeness.

ETAA: Did anyone else think they were naked for the first 2-3 seconds?

To me Maddie is Sia's inner child or id while Shia is her talking self or ego (his name is her name with an H added). They're "locked" in a prison built from alcoholism, depression, and domestic violence, and her wounded inner child has become a feral beast due to mistreatment. We saw the inner child's realm in Chandelier and how she's gone wild due to her isolation. Her talking self is terrified of her id but desperate to connect and heal, so Shia fights to connect with Maddie in a nurturing, healthy way. When the id finally trusts the ego enough to join it, she tries to help release the ego from its prison. She is a creature of dreams; her role is to transgress boundaries, and she is therefore not bound to the prison. Shia, on the other hand, is a creature of laws and reason. He could easily leave the prison if he just turned his shoulders, but he doesn't believe it. The adult self loses hope of ever being free of the aforementioned problems while the child self desperately tries to show it how.

I fucking love this music video.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information