Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Seth82
  • 1 Post By Seth82
  • 1 Post By Seth82
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 2 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: "The Godfather of House Music" Frankie Knuckles reportedly dead at 59

Default "The Godfather of House Music" Frankie Knuckles reportedly dead at 59

RIP Frankie

Frankie Knuckles Dead at 59 | Complex

Godfather of Chicago House Music Frankie Knuckles Reportedly Dead At 59

UPDATE (11:32 PM): DJ David Morales adds his name to the artists apparently confirming the news:

David Morales @DJDavidMorales
    I am devastated to write that my dear friend Frankie Knuckles has passed away today. Can't write anymore than this at the moment. I'm sorry.

5 Magazine
    reports that legend of Chicago House Frankie Knuckles has passed away. This has been corroborated on social media by Chicago house artists Paul Johnson and DJ Deeon, although we've yet to receive official confirmation.

If true, it's a major blow to one of the most important figures in modern music.

Knuckles was born in the Bronx in 1955, and became a disco DJ in the early 1970s, spinning with childhood friend and garage pioneer Larry Levan at the Continental Baths. In 1977, the Warehouse nightclub opened in Chicago, and Knuckles moved to the city to become its premier DJ. The music Knuckles would spin at "The Warehouse" became shortened to "house," and soon evolved into its own genre, as producers used drum machines to produce less expensive version of popular dance styles.

The Warehouse became the crucible of a genre that would conquer the world and can still be heard on radio stations to this day.

In 1983, Knuckles moved from The Warehouse to his own club, the Power Plant.

Knuckles also became a producer, recording iconic versions of Jamie Principle's "Your Love," "Baby Wants To Ride," and "Cold World." Other singles included 1991's elegiac teardrop anthem "The Whistle Song":

Knuckles was, however, primarily known for his skills as a DJ. In 2004, the City of Chicago renamed a stretch of Jefferson Street near the site of the old Warehouse "The Godfather of House Music" Frankie Knuckles Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I'll post a few of my favorite mixes he did.

Because of Love (Frankie Knuckles & David Morales Mix) - Janet Jackson
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

this is a true masterpiece right here

@NickoMoralesXXX

Where Love Lives
    BITTER likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

and of course Talking With Myself
    @NickoMoralesXXX

can't forget his mix of Lisa Stanfield's Change
    @NickoMoralesXXX

I leave you with one of my favorite mixes of all time

Frankie's beautiful mix of MJ's Rock With You
    BITTER likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

To call him the Godfather of House isn't enough. Frankie Knuckles was a titan.
    BITTER likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

I love his remix of MJ's Rock With You...it's mad sexy. RIP. He had a gift, for real.
    Seth82 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

When I was 20-21 he was at the Sound Factory for a while, which was a freaking incredible club. Him and Junior Vasquez. You really couldn't get any better than them.
    KrisNine and Seth82 like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^I used to head up to NYC on the train and remember those days

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    I leave you with one of my favorite mixes of all time

Frankie's beautiful mix of MJ's Rock With You
    Oh, this here is MY CUT!!! It's on my workout playlist...crazy about it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    When I was 20-21 he was at the Sound Factory for a while, which was a freaking incredible club. Him and Junior Vasquez. You really couldn't get any better than them.
    so totally jealous right now!

I would've given anything to be there back in the day.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Default Elton John sets up charity for Frankie Knuckles

Elton John sets up charity for Frankie Knuckles | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

Elton John sets up charity for Frankie Knuckles

SIR ELTON JOHN has set up a new charity in memory of late music producer FRANKIE KNUCKLES.

The club music icon, dubbed the 'Godfather of House', died last month (Mar14) at the age of 59, and the Rocket Man star has now launched a new project to honour his memory.

The Elton John AIDS Foundation has created the Frankie Knuckles Fund to raise awareness of HIV information and support testing and treatment among black communities in Africa, America and the U.K.

A statement from the superstar singer reads, "Frankie was such a lovely man and a great talent and his legacy provides a powerful voice to reach out to people, particularly men of colour, about their essential role in helping to create an AIDS-free future."
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Thread Information