Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Coachella 2014

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

I would love to see Afghan Whigs but pretty much no one else.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Skrillex is still around?

There's no one i'd want to see.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

there is only name that jumps out to me and it's arcade fire. i've never seen them at a festival but i saw them in brussels at the end of november with 1999 other lucky people. it was good. so so good.
    SillyME54 and Trixie like this.

I'd love to see Chromeo. I also like Alesso, Zedd, Ellie Goulding and Aloe Blacc. Ahh, I'd see a few of these but wouldn't pay Coachella prices (that would include a flight and accommo for me of course...)
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

My friend went to Coachella twice. Once, in the general admission area and once in the VIP area. She said the GA time was horrible. It was so hot and smelly. The lines for the toilets were so bad that people were just copping a squat anywhere. The VIP area was so nice and clean and people weren't packed in like sardines.

It's fuckin' hot out in the desert. Morrissey has played Coachella and my ass wasn't pressed to go.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Eeeeeeeek Broken Bells!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Zoe Kravitz steps out of her father's shadow as she kicks off Coachella performances in a sexy bra-revealing crop top | Mail Online

Zoe Kravitz steps out of her father's shadow as she kicks off Coachella performances in a sexy bra-revealing crop top

By Elizabeth Beverly
    Published: 23:42 EST, 11 April 2014 | Updated: 08:53 EST, 12 April 2014

Her father’s renowned for his musical talents.

But Zoe Kravitz is sure to be making Lenny Kravitz proud, paving her way with her band LOLAWOLF, which even scored a hot spot for Coachella weekend.
    The 25-year-old singer and actress performed during the Dickies and Tilly’s event at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs on Friday.

+20

Letting loose: Zoe Kravitz wore a revealing crop top as she performed with her band LOLAWOLF during the Dickies and Tilly's event at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, California on Friday
    +20

+20

Eclectic: The star mixed her bra-baring blouse with a high-waisted maxi skirt, backwards trucker hat and slip-on sandals

And with her outfit of choice, she couldn't have been missed. This included a bra-baring blouse.
    Creating an eclectic ensemble, Zoe – who is also the daughter of The Cosby Show star Lisa Bonet – was clad in a crop top, backwards white trucker hat, black sunglasses, high-waisted maxi skirt and slip-on sandals.
    Getting into the groove, the star didn’t hold back during her performance, waving her arm in the air to show off her leather-like bra.

+20

One for all! Meechy Darko of Flatbush Zombies joined the mash pit during his band's performance

LOLAWOLF is a trio from New York, with other members including Jimmy Giannopoulos and James Levy.
    Day 1 of the highly-anticipated weekend additionally saw stars such as Ellie Goulding, MS MR, Mikaiah Lei of The Bots, Flatbush Zombies, GOAT, ZZ Ward, HAIM and AFI perform.

Rap duo OutKast headlines the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, ending a half-decade hiatus for one of hip-hop's most popular and important acts.

+20

Women can rock too! Danielle Haim of HAIM was seen strumming her guitar whilst belting it out

+20

Neon: Jon Spencer Blues Explosion had green lights shining on the stage during the performance

OutKast joins Arcade Fire and Muse as headliners for the festival that plays over two weekends in Indio.
    Other acts scheduled include Pharrell Williams, Beck, Queens of the Stone Age and Lorde.

The reunited The Replacements will also appear.

+20

Less is more: The Dum Dum Girls wore revealing black ensembles for their set

+20

Mad for plaid: David Minehan of The Replacements wore a printed suit to perform

+20

Classic: Paul Westerberg of The Replacements chose a more simplistic suit but added a patterned bow-tie

+20

Angelic: Szjerdene wore an ethereal lacy white dress, large statement necklace and facial decor

+20

Retro: Bryan Ferry wore a vintage-looking blazer for his set in Indigo

+20

Brights: Tommy Stinson of The Replacements wore a tangerine blouse with a plaid suit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2yhSRu6Lf
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Zoe Kravitz steps out of her father's shadow as she kicks off Coachella performances in a sexy bra-revealing crop top | Mail Online

looks like a damn good show this year.

I'd love to have seen the following names there: Zedd, Ellie Goulding, Martin Garrix, Alesso, MGMT, Pet Shop Boys, Pharrell Williams, Lorde, Fatboy Slim, Calvin Harris, Duck Sauce, Flosstradamus, Krewella, John Newman & Maceo Plex
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I'd want to see MOGWAI!!!! Then daylight... Then Broken Bells, Foster the People, MGMT, Neko Case, The Replacements so long as they've still got it... Who am I kidding, I'd probably spend the whole weekend raving about how fucking awesome Mogwai was, then I'd leave early so I could go home and listen to Mogwai and finally use a clean toilet.

i listened to the live stream of Jagwar Ma and they were fantastic.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

There's actually quite a few acts I'd like to go see. I would love to to Coachella someday but I feel like it's probably filled with a bunch of annoying posers, plus it's so damn expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    there is only name that jumps out to me and it's arcade fire. i've never seen them at a festival but i saw them in brussels at the end of november with 1999 other lucky people. it was good. so so good.
    I saw Arcade Fire at Bonnaroo a few years ago and they were absolutely amazing!!

I LOVE Bryan Ferry.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Do we need 2 Coachella threads?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...-festival.html

Outkast reunite, headline Coachella festival
    By Associated Press
    Published: 04:39 EST, 12 April 2014 | Updated: 04:40 EST, 12 April 2014
    Outkast reunited onstage after a near decadelong hiatus with a jam-packed set at the Coachella music festival, their first of many performances planned this year.

The rap duo headlined the first night of the music festival Friday in Indio, Calif., performing well-known hits such as "Hey Ya!," ''Ms. Jackson," ''The Way You Move," ''Elevators (Me & You)," and "So Fresh, So Clean."

The Grammy winners performed two dozen tracks — seen via its livestream on YouTube — as they celebrated 20 years in music since the release of their 1994 debut, "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik."

Big Boi, left, and Andre 3000 of Outkast perform behind a screen during their headlining set on the first day of the 2014 Coachella Music and Arts Festival on Friday, April 11, 2014, in Indio, Calif. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

"Hey Coachella, are y'all alive?" Andre 3000 asked the crowd at the top of their set. "Are y'all alive? Are y'all alive?"

"I really appreciate y'all coming out," he said at the end of the performance, more than 90 minutes later. "I know it's kind of weird 20 years later."
    Outkast worked the stage as they performed their rap anthems, and at times, they performed around a small table with two chairs, an ode to their earlier years where they would write songs in Big Boi's aunt's kitchen in Atlanta and recite their lyrics in circles.

"We just want to know one thing — are you having a good time?" Big Boi asked the crowd.

They crowd seemed energetic — especially across social media — but that was hard to hear at times through the livestream. Outkast also seemed to check-in with the audience throughout the set, asking, "Ya'll still with us" or "Y'all still here?"

The rappers kicked off the set with songs like "B.O.B," ''ATLiens" and "Rosa Parks," and then they split up to perform solo music. Big Boi was joined by his mentee, singer Janelle Monae, when she danced during "Tightrope." He performed "Kryptonite (I'm On It)" and Shutterbugg," among other jams.
    Andre 3000 was cool during performances of "Prototype" and "She Lives In My Lap," even though he said one of his icons was in attendance.

"I'ma tell y'all a secret. One of my idols is backstage. Prince is right there. No joke," he said.

Then he added: "Do we have any lovers in the house tonight? I know we got some haters. Y'all stand out real strong."

Outkast's performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival marks the duo's reunion since releasing their last album, 2006's "Idlewild." That came three years after the epic "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below," which sold more than 10 million albums and is one of two hip-hop records to win the Grammy for album of the year.

The duo will also headline New York's Governors Ball festival in June and Lollapalooza in Chicago in August, among other festivals. They will play more than 40 shows.

Other performers Friday at Coachella, which plays over two weekends, included Broken Bells, Ellie Goulding, Zedd and Girl Talk. Muse and Arcade Fire will headline Saturday and Sunday.

Outkast's performance featured special appearances from frequent collaborator Sleepy Brown and rapper-singer-producer Future. After "Hey Ya!," they attempted to bring Killer Mike onstage for "The Whole World," but they had run out of time.

"That's it. They said we can't do no more," Andre 3000 said, as Big Boi added: "We'll see y'all next weekend."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...-festival.html

Beyonce shocks fans as she makes a surprise appearance at Coachella for a playful rendition of Losing You with Solange | Mail Online

Beyonce shocks fans as she makes a surprise appearance at Coachella for a playful rendition of Losing You with Solange

By Shyam Dodge
    Published: 01:04 EST, 13 April 2014 | Updated: 04:40 EST, 13 April 2014

She was not listed among the performers hitting the stage at Coachella.
    So it came as quite the surprise to fans when Beyonce appeared onstage with her sister Solange for an impromptu rendition of Losing You on Saturday night.
    The sibling duo joyfully performed a choreographed dance number as the packed crowd in the Indio, California desert cheered them on.

+15

Sister love: Beyonce surprised Solange onstage at Coachella on Saturday night in Indio, California

Fans took to Twitter to express their shock at seeing Queen Bey perform at the annual music and arts festival.
    One fan writing under the handle Pickle Wall, wrote: 'Solange and Beyonce dancing together at Coachella is what happy looks like'.
    Another excited commentator, writing under the handle Jackelyn R., tweeted: 'Beyoncé joined Solange onstage at Coachella and the whole world freaked out.'

+15

Belting it out: The pair of siblings sang up a storm

+15

Thigh's the limit: The 32-year-old displayed her famous figure

Wearing a floral crop top and matching skirt, the 32-year-old showed off her toned legs and flat tummy as she danced joyfully to the song.
    Sporting a bright orange jumpsuit, Solange, 27, also displayed her lean pins in her thigh-skimming getup as her large afro bobbed in the desert wind.
    Also performing that night was Lorde, who had quite the famous admirer in the audience in the form of Katy Perry.

+15

Bonding: The duo embraced as they giggled like schoolgirls

+15

Taking sides: The sisters flanked the drummer as the crowd cheered them on

The young singer wore a white halter top and matching trousers as her brunette mane cascaded in flowing waves over her shoulders.
    Katy, sitting in the audience, wore a leather biker jacket and choker as she smiled through the young up-and-comer's set.

For those who are interested in the music, rap duo OutKast headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, ending a half-decade hiatus for one of hip-hop's most popular and important acts.
    OutKast joins Arcade Fire and Muse as headliners for the festival that plays over two weekends in Indio.
    +15

Hands in the air: Lorde took to the stage to wow the audience

Beyonce shocks fans as she makes a surprise appearance at Coachella for a playful rendition of Losing You with Solange | Mail Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information