Thread: Madonna's Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Default Madonna's Revolution Will Not Be Televised

It looks a lot like Gaga's Alejandro video.

of course the same director did this and Alejandro.

WATCH: Madonna‚€™s Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Will Prominently Feature Shirtless Dudes / Queerty

WATCH: Madonna’s Revolution Will Not Be Televised, Will Prominently Feature Shirtless Dudes

Madonna finally released her long anticipated secreprojectrevolution, a collaboration with noted fashion photographer Steven Klein, last night at midnight. The 17-minute film, aside from being as imperceptible as the teasers promised, is also stunning. Madge and Klein serve as co-directors for the project, which simultaneously launches Art for Freedom, a global initiative to further freedom of expression, created by Madonna, curated by VICE, and distributed by BitTorrent.

According to a press release:
    Art For Freedom is a global digital initiative, led by Madonna, designed to fuel free speech – to respond, address and protest persecution around the world. It is an online public art project encouraging the world to express their personal meaning of freedom and revolution, in the form of video, music, poetry, and photography. Public submissions will become part of the Art For Freedom platform: contributors can join the project by uploading original artwork or tagging original posts #artforfreedom.

Madonna stars as a flawless revolutionary with a gorgeous bang who is thrown into jail for…causing a commotion. “I keep telling everyone that I want to start a revolution but no one is taking me seriously. If I had black skin and an afro, would you take me seriously? If I was an Arab waving a hand grenade, would you take me seriously?” the 55-year-old iconoclast asks in the occasional voiceover. “Instead, I’m a woman. I’m a blonde. I have tits and ass and an insatiable desire to be noticed.”

We might take her seriously if she was honest about her true hair color, but that’s neither here nor there. In typical Madonna fashion, the clip is sexy and provocative — but not provocative (or preachy) for the sake of being provocative (or preachy), as some of her lesser work has been criticized. It’s an artistic statement from the most successful female musician in pop history, who’s been scandalizing people for over 30 years. It’s not shocking or particularly revolutionary, but it is worthy of repeat viewings, if only because it’s so far left of center of what one would expect from someone of Madonna’s stature at this point in her career. But it’s still very Madonna.

She and Klein have done amazing work in the past, most notably their epic portfolios for W magazine, and this time out they’ve topped themselves. Let’s hear a few snaps for this gunplay alone:

And a golf clap for these gorgeous dancers doing impossible things with their gorgeous bodies:

You can download secretprojecrtrevolution for free at BitTorrent, along with a few extras including art from the film, HD trailers, an exclusive interview with Madonna and handwritten notes from Madge and Klein. The revolution will not be televised, but it will be available on most mobile devices.

Oh, and by the bye, ball’s in your court, Gaga. Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I wonder if any of these rent boys in her latest videos are only there for the paycheck and are secretely embarrassed for her. I bet they gossip and laugh about her behind her back. The time that her (hired) entourage was afraid of her is over.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm too sick of Madonna to even watch it.

it looks like videos she's already done.

I just can't bring myself to be excited about anything she does these days.

Who wants to watch this aging Madam shoot boy toys? Good night, Madge.

Thread Information