Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Beyoncé fans divided over new song "Bow Down Bitches"

Default Beyoncé fans divided over new song "Bow Down Bitches"

Beyoncé premieres new song online Bow Down listen - celebrity news (Glamour.com UK)

Beyoncé fans have been left divided over her gutsy new track, Bow Down/I Been On.

Followers of the singer have had a mixed reaction to the expletive-littered song, which was released yesterday via her official Tumblr account.
    In the first half of the track, Beyoncé sings these lyrics to her rivals: "I know when you were little girls/You dreamt of being in my world/ Don't forget it/ Respect that/ Bow down bitches/ Don't get it twisted this is my sh*t."

Some have taken offence to what they consider to be the anti-feminist tone the Independent Women singer has taken on the track.

One fan took to Twitter to express their disdain posting: "how can u sing at the presidents inauguration then release this disgusting, offensive song @beyonce? I'm genuinely shocked.[sic]'

Meanwhile, DJ Scott Mills tweeted via his official page: "Is that Beyonce song a joke?"

However, among the criticism, there is also plenty of support for the star's new, more urban direction.

Presenter Jameela Jamil said: "Beyonce's new track is an ace publicity stunt. It's not bad, but it's not great, and it's so different to anything else she's done so we're all talking about it, trying to figure out her new sound. mass attention. mission accomplished. legend.[sic]"

One fan, @tyleroakley, similarly gushed: "Just heard Beyoncé's new song. I feel so bad for every other artist in the game. There is no competition. She reigns supreme."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the song:

I heard the song, and while its an obvious homage to her Houston roots with the chopped-and-screwed sound, this dreadful song reeks of desperation and someone shook by her more successful competition. Singers secure in themselves and their career do not sing songs about who should "bow down" to them. However, singers who haven't had a #1 Pop hit since 2008 do though. Beyonce's singing and growling this BS as if she was some hoodrat who whooped ass barefoot growing up when she obviously grew up middle-class. In spite of what a lot of people in mainstream America and on this site think, Beyonce is hardly "ghetto," which is why this song is a surprising song selection considering her image over the past decade. However, I don't think this is a single for the radio, more like an introduction to the actual album and she released this to create buzz. Mission accomplished I guess, since this was on a few morning talk shows and on "Inside Edition" of all shows.

I guess I better sell some "Bow Down Bitches" t-shirts in front of the clubs to sell to her delusional ass fans this weekend. Probably make money hand over foot!
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; March 20th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

My brain couldn't fully take just how shit this was, it was too shit to process!

One of the worst 'songs' I've ever heard.

I made it 4 seconds. I literally could not handle another second of that, it's horrible.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

LOL like there's any chance I'm even going to click on that song and assault my ears, but that picture of her with all her pageant bling - is that supposed to impress? Because I don't see that as something to be proud of, more like a wasted childhood where she could have been doing something worthwhile, like playing sport or working hard in school or even just being a kid. But aren't pageant kids a big joke? Because they should be.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

That is many kinds of really fricken awful. WTF was she thinking?
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Hehe, Beyonce thinking. Good one.

They should rename that song to "Lil' Wayne". Because it's in critical condition.

I've tried to click the song a bunch of times at various different sites and it won't play for me so far, so that must be a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    LOL like there's any chance I'm even going to click on that song and assault my ears, but that picture of her with all her pageant bling - is that supposed to impress? Because I don't see that as something to be proud of, more like a wasted childhood where she could have been doing something worthwhile, like playing sport or working hard in school or even just being a kid. But aren't pageant kids a big joke? Because they should be.
    No, not all pageant kids are considered a big joke. Not all pageants are of the trashy Honey Boo Boo variety. Lots of pageant kids are well-rounded, involved in sports and other activities, and are actually really smart, a lot of the time they end up being overachievers in school. But I have no idea what kind of pageants Beyonce was in and I think she's a big joke most of the time.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    They should rename that song to "Lil' Wayne". Because it's in critical condition.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Singers secure in themselves and their career do not sing songs about who should "bow down" to them. However, singers who haven't had a #1 Pop hit since 2008 do though.
    Snap!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Some have taken offence to what they consider to be the anti-feminist tone the Independent Women singer has taken on the track.

I have never thought of Bey doing a single thing for feminism. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Butterfly and olivia like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Snap!
    Damn right! A lot of my Facebook friends who are Beyonce fans were mad as hell and tried to read me on that comment when I said something similar on my page, but I have no fucks to give since Beyonce doesn't pay my bills. The fact that Rihanna is her closest competition nowadays really gets to the Beyhive.

Rihanna being successful says more about the state of the music industry than Beyonce herself, as Beyonce is a better singer, can dance, and has stage presence. However, Rihanna has catchy singles in the R&B AND Pop world. Bey's last album, '4' was primarily successful in the R&B Market. The album had great songs, but didn't have any pop radio appeal (where the most money is made for artists/singers/songwriters/producers). A lot of songwriters refuse to work with Beyonce because of her taking more songwriting credits than she's entitled to. Back in 2003, damn near every prominent songwriter in the R&B/Pop market clamored to work on her first solo project, but it went downhill after that.

I live in Atlanta, so I already know the gay bars/clubs are going to be playing this for the children/queens half to death. I'm not going out this weekend, LOL...
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; March 19th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post

I have never thought of Bey doing a single thing for feminism. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Beyonce has always tried to claim that she's all about female empowerment and uniting women, and she's sang anthems in the past in relation to this. Her idea of what is considered to be 'empowerment' is quite superficial, but a lot of her fans eat it up, so a song telling people to "Bow Down, Bitches!" is very conflicting to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I have no fucks to give since Beyonce doesn't pay my bills.
    Amen. This applies to all celebrities for me. Even the ones I like, I don't give the first damn if anyone talks shit about them. When celebs want to throw me some kickbacks, I'll get all butthurt on their behalf.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I shouldn't comment, I only made about 10 seconds of this. I'm not a fan of Beyonce though so I'm most likely biased. Ever since that horrific, monotonous "I'm a Survivor" droned over and over and over, my body tenses up at the mere mentuion of her. Plus her fucking the air in every video got old fast.
    Sarzy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information