Thread: New Depeche Mode

Default New Depeche Mode

Has anyone heard the new Depeche Mode single Precious?
    I bought the new album "Playing The Angel" last tuesday and the whole c.d is really good so refinded. It creates mood and atmosphere, it is dark, deep, and enchanting. I really think Martin Gore has mastered using the guitar along side electronica music in this album.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh awesome I should check that out

Got the new CD last Tuesday also and I love it. I've always loved DM. In high school I cut all my hair off (it was super long) and wore it short and spiked and bleached on the top because I loved Dave Gahan and apparently felt the need to copy his hairstyle. I was such a dork!!! Still am. ha Alas, my hair is long again and I've stopped only wearing black.

The new album is really good.

I'm so happy that DM (and New Order and The Cure, too) is still around, making music after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    The new album is really good.

I'm so happy that DM (and New Order and The Cure, too) is still around, making music after all these years.
    amen to that!
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Does anyone remember Depche Girl from APS, I miss her she was funny
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Does anyone remember Depche Girl from APS, I miss her she was funny

she was ...something. anorexic? unbalanced?

Ye but I found her funny. A poster would post a pic of the skinniest celeb ever and Depeche would say "Her hip bones are pretty but her knees are a bit chubby"
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

The are coming into concert here in Houston, Texas on Nov 7th. Would LOVE to go see them.

Gold Member

Default Re: New Depeche Mode

Love DM's new album. I can't say the same for the new Madonna album though.

I'm so mad they canceled their concert here b/c of that Hurricane Wilma bitch that blew through here. I love their new CD. They've been remixing the "Precious" song in the clubs.

hey MP...did they ever catch that crazy schoolgirl down your way who gunned down her friend on the bus??? stay inside! stay inside!

i need to do a search and see if DM are coming to pittsburgh. that would be awesome! people are people so why should it be...that you and i should get along so awfully...*sings*

Thanks for keeping an eye out, Brit!

Here's an update from the Sun Sentinel:

Suspect in Miramar bus shooting turns self in; classmate victim identified

By ANDREW RYAN & LOU TOMAN
    sun-sentinel.com
    Posted November 15 2005, 3:10 PM EST

MIRAMAR – A charter school student was shot in the chest aboard a school bus Tuesday morning by a teenage classmate armed with a gun. The suspect turned her self into police later in the day.

Officials locked down two nearby schools – Perry Elementary and Perry Middle – on the possibility the armed teen could be headed to that area.

Around 11 a.m., police identified the wounded girl as Kaliesha Cheatam, 17, of Hollywood. She was listed in critical condition at Memorial Regional Hospital West in Pembroke Pines, but her injuries were not life-threatening, officials said.

A police officer reported around 1:20 p.m. that the shooting suspect -- a junior at the Parkway Academy charter school -- had surrendered to police at the detective bureau of the Miramar Police Department. Police said two friends were with her when she turned her self in. Police also seized a . 32 caliber pistol that is believed to be the weapon used in the bus shooting. The 17-year-old suspect was charged with attempted murder, a weapons count, and discharging a firearm on a school bus, police said. It was not immediately known is she will be charged as a juvenile or as an adult.

The shooting occurred around 7:20 a.m. on a southbound school bus near Southwest 38 Street and between Rose and Woodscape drives, which is located east of Florida's Turnpike. Police said two students, both teenage girls, had argued and fought a day earlier and said the spat escalated on Tuesday. It was not immediately known what the two were arguing over.

But police said the unidentified 17-year-old girl carried a handgun on to the school bus Tuesday morning and waited until the victim boarded at another stop. They apparently argued again and then at least one shot was fied at Cheatam. The shooter then fled.

"Apparently once the victim got on the school bus this morning, there was another confrontation between the victim and the suspect. The suspect pulled out a firearm and shot the victim once in the upper torso," Officer Bill Robertson said at a press conference.

When the shooting occurred, the bus was carrying 30 students and headed to Parkway Academy, a charter school that enrolls more than 500 students in grades 9 thru 12 at its site on the 7400 block of Riviera Boulevard in Miramar.

The driver of the bus, which is operated by A1A Transportation, used his two-way radio to summon police.

Cheatam was rushed to Memorial Regional Hospital West with a gunshot to the upper left part of her chest.

The victim was alert and conscious while she was brought to the hospital, said Romeo Lavarias, a spokesman for Miramar Fire Rescue.

No other students were reported injured.

After the shooting, police and K-9 dogs began searching a home on the 3700 block of 69 Way, also in Miramar, where the suspect is believed to live.

"The suspect's mother is cooperating with us," Robertson said.

Another school bus was called in to take the remaining students to classes at Parkway Academy.

The investigation continues.

Thread Information