Thread: Am i the only one here who does this?

Silver Member

Default Am i the only one here who does this?

Okay, so ever since I was like 4 I've been an obsessive video game player. When I got to 5th grade and started playing Final Fantasy 6, I loved the game so much that I even bought the soundtrack. I would listen to this CD all the time; if I wasn't playing the game (which can suck up at least a good 6 hours in one sitting if I don't stop myself), I was listening to the music. It was fun until people at school found out, and then I got clowned everyday for real . But of course, being the total nerd that I am, I still listened to it, though I don't really talk to people about it. So now, over 10 years later, my computer is absolutely loaded with songs from RPGs and old school Nintendo games. I was just wondering if anyone else here does this or knows someone who does, or am I just uniquely nerdy ?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: am i the only one here who does this?

I dled a couple of songs from FF10 Video game soundtracks are pretty popular in Japan, they even sell music scores. In grade 6-7, this game called Dragon Quest (I think it's called something else in N. America) was very popular and I even learned to play the theme song on my piano.
    Last edited by moomies; June 5th, 2006 at 01:43 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I dled a couple of songs from FF10 Video game soundtrocks are pretty popular in Japan, they even sell music scores. In grade 6-7, this game called Dragon Quest (I think it's called something else in N. America) was very popular and I even learned to play the theme song on my piano.
    Dragon Quest == Dragon Warrior in America. lol I actually learned to play some FF tracks on my viola back when I was in 8th grade. I actually do have a DQ 7 song called "Days of Sadness," though I haven't played the game. I don't think a lot of people here really understand how intricate and atmospheric some RPG soundtracks can be. Some of the most beautiful, memorable and complex songs I've ever heard have been from games. And the final battle theme from FF6 seriously sounds like it could have been written by Bach; making a great soundtrack for a game is a craft that I admire greatly, but some people think it's odd. Lol okay, I'm gonna stop now, because I really could go on about this.

See, this is yet another reason why I need to move to Japan. Not to mention that ya'll get all the good RPGs that aren't released in America; either that or 100 copies are released here and you gotta pay 300 bucks to get one on ebay lol

But I seriously think that the game music thing seems to be much more popular in Japan than in the west, unfortunately

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I like some of the London Symphony Orchestra versions of vid game tracks. I think they did some of the FF songs, I also used to have the Mario Brother's theme song by them.

I only got into FF series after FF8 so I don't know much about the older ones but the music really convey the emotion within the game and I think it's an important aspect in RPGs because you take on the role the character is playing. Songs from FF10 I think were melancholy (very sad to listen to actually, FF10 made me cry at the end... )

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Silver Member

Definitely listen to the FF6 and also the FF4 soundtracks. The FF6 one especially is out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    FF10 made me cry at the end... )
    Aha! I knew I wasn't the only one!

I loved the music from the playstation game 'Bust A Groove'. I wish they released a soundtrack for that.

And I downloaded alot of the songs from the playstation game GrandTheft Auto: San Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty
    I loved the music from the playstation game 'Bust A Groove'. I wish they released a soundtrack for that.

And I downloaded alot of the songs from the playstation game GrandTheft Auto: San Andreas.
    OMG, I love Bust A Groove...I'd forgotten all about that game (*frantically searching through game cabinet to see if I still have it*).

Thread Information