Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Eric Church slams Blake Shelton in Rolling Stone interview

Default Eric Church slams Blake Shelton in Rolling Stone interview

Eric Church Slams Blake Shelton, Idol, The Voice
    APRIL 30, 2012 LYDIA PICKNELL

In an interview with Rolling Stone, country music rocker Eric Church seems to get just a little carried away. Eric, who supported Miranda Lambert on her 2010 “CMT On Tour: Revolution” headlining tour, slams Blake Shelton, American Idol, and The Voice. Eric takes a hit against American Idol and reality show television, saying that the country music industry is filled with talent from reality competitions – saying that trying out for a show like The Voice means you aren’t a true artist. In the interview, Eric says:

“It’s become American Idol gone mad. Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green f—ing turn around in a red chair, you get a deal? That’s crazy. I don’t know what would make an artist do that. You’re not an artist.”

Eric wasn’t done just yet. He takes a little dig at Blake, who is a coach on the highly successful The Voice, and says that anyone who’s career depends on something outside their music then they also aren’t a real artist.

“If I was concerned about my legacy, there’s no f—ing way I would ever sit there [and be a reality-show judge]. Once your career becomes something other than the music, then that’s what it is. I’ll never make that mistake. I don’t care if I f—ing starve.”

In case that wasn’t enough, the “Country Music Jesus” singer also had a few things to say about rock fans and Lollapalooza:

“Rock & Roll has been very emo or whatever the f—. It’s very hipster. We played Lollapalooza and I was stunned at how pussy 90 percent of those bands were. Nobody’s loud. It’s all very f—-n’ Peter, Paul and Mary sh–.”

What do you think about Eric’s interview in Rolling Stone? Do you agree with him, or do you think he needs a bit of a reality check? Sound off below and get your voice heard. Read Eric’s interview for yourself in the current issue of Rolling Stone with President Obama on the cover.

http://www.keepinitcountryblog.com/2...blake-shelton/
    And Blake shelton's twitter reaction to the news:

Blake Shelton ‏
    “@keepinitblog: Eric Church slams Blake Shelton, @NBCTheVoice, in his interview: http://fb.me/1IjOR0jgE” I wish I misunderstood this...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Never heard of this guy.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

He issued a half-apology last night. Jackass.

Eric Church Starts Feud With Country Stars, Apologizes
    Insults "The Voice" and stars who got their start in singing competitions

By Amanda Crum 3 mins ago Leave a Comment

Country singer Eric Church is apparently not a fan of singing competitions.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Church asserted the opinion that the popular show “The Voice” is spawning a group of non-artists who think they can make it big overnight.

“It’s become ‘American Idol’ gone mad,” he said. “Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green f—ing turn around in a red chair, you get a deal? That’s crazy. I don’t know what would make an artist do that. You’re not an artist.”

Church managed to insult quite a few of his peers with that blanket statement, including former American Idol contestants who have gone on to make a big name for themselves in the country music world–Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, namely. Blake Shelton’s wife, Miranda Lambert, actually got her start on Nashville Star back in ’03 and invited Church to tour with her in 2010, so to say his comments ticked her off is putting it lightly. Once she got wind of the interview, Lambert took to Twitter to call Church out.

@Miranda_Lambert
    Miranda Lambert
    Thanks Eric Church for saying I’m not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010.
    16 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

But Church issued an apology yesterday via The Boot , saying he never intended to hurt anyone with his comments and was only speaking about his feelings towards people who think they can take shortcuts in the business.

“The comment I made to Rolling Stone was part of a larger commentary on these types of reality television shows and the perception they create, not the artists involved with the shows themselves,” Eric said. “The shows make it appear that artists can shortcut their way to success. There are a lot of artists due to their own perseverance that have gone on to be successful after appearing on these shows, but the real obstacles come after the cameras stop rolling. Every artist has to follow up television appearances with dedication towards their craft, but these shows tend to gloss over that part and make it seem like you can be ordained into stardom. I have a problem with those perceived shortcuts, not just in the music industry. Many people have come to think they can just wake up and have things handed to them. I have a lot of respect for what artists like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, and my friend Miranda Lambert have gone on to accomplish. This piece was never intended to tear down any individual, and I apologize to anybody I offended in trying to shed light on this issue. I am grateful for all of the artists and fans that have supported me along my journey and certainly did not mean for my comments to undermine their talent and achievements.”

No word yet on how Lambert feels about the apology.

Eric Church Starts Feud With Country Stars, Apologizes | WebProNews
    I think I told y'all last year when I went to Country Stampede how much of a jackass Eric Church was and all this just confirms my impression, he took the stage 45 minutes late (and really flustered a local family band that was only supposed to play about 15 minutes between sets) and then gave off a total 'my shit don't stink vibe'. He was good. Very very good, but still a jackass.
    shedevilang likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh fuck you bitch, you've had what one song that was even worth a fuck. But you're a "true artist" bullshit! Oh and btw you're fucking ugly too, get the fuck outta here, talking smack about my man like that I hope Miranda fucks him up. Troll looking little idiot oh yea and this new song about fucking Bruce Springsteen sucks might I add.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I have never heard of this dude and barely heard of Blake Shelton. Don't know squat about either of em. Take it outside boys.

You know what I'd love to see? Eric walk up to Miranda and Carrie and Kelly and tell them to their faces how they're not real artists because they got their start on a reality show. Betcha shit will get all Hunger Games in a hurry.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You know what I'd love to see? Eric walk up to Miranda and Carrie and Kelly and tell them to their faces how they're not real artists because they got their start on a reality show. Betcha shit will get all Hunger Games in a hurry.
    I would pay to see that shit, you knowwwwwww he'd get his ass whooped and quick like.
    Jazzy64 and greysfang like this.

i can't stand Eric Church. and now i can't stand him even more.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

bitch needs to shut his bitch mouth...
    Jazzy64 likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

eh I like Eric's newest album Chief

he says and does whatever pleases

[YOUTUBE]usGv0gB2zEU[/YOUTUBE]
    Jazzy64 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I like Chief too, but I will be stealing his next album instead of buying it. Fuck him. ^^and that is the worst song on the album, well that and Creepin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    eh I like Eric's newest album Chief

he says and does whatever pleases

[YOUTUBE]usGv0gB2zEU[/YOUTUBE]
    Well he needs to watch who he says what about or else p6 is gonna go hunting for his dumb ass

Wow!- I always thought that Eric and Blake were friendly with one another by the way they usually talk on Twitter but I guess not! It must be kind of awkward with Eric being on Blakes wifes (Mirandas) tour! I think Erics an alright guy but didn't know he through the F-bombs like that!

Country music blows. The end.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information