Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Where are all the cheap concert tickets?

Elite Member

Default Where are all the cheap concert tickets?

I've googled and googled but can't be sure I've found the best price for tickets to a concert. I think my event may be sold out on Ticketmaster, but I can't be sure because the message that they display doesn't say outright.

Any recommendations for sites with cheap concert tickets?

Default Re: Where are all the cheap concert tickets?

I always end up paying out the ass for tickets, stoopid Credit card charges etc by the time ive found em cheap they wack another £3 each on them, Bastards!!

If you seriously want to find tickets that may be sold out, call ticket master directly instead of using the online service.

I was trying and trying to get tickets to a show online, and assumed it was sold out, but just for shits and giggles I called ticketmaster to see if they had anything, and they did! The seats that they gave me were actually better than the seats I was trying for...so its definitely worth a phone call.

I wouldnt recommend ticket brokers because they will generally charge you up the ass with fees and whatnot...not really worth it.

As a last resort you might consider trying ebay. Just search for the show you want and your location, and see if anything pops up...not my preferred method for getting tickets, but I have done it this way for sold out shows, and there usually will be some for sale...

^^Yes, like Haggard said--call DIRECT. OR, call the venue directly (which only applies to certain venues). I got kick ass seats, CHEAP for an event--no surcharges, no fees because it was direct! I saved a minimum of $20.00 a TICKET doing that. I got better seats, cheaper by doing this. I asked the chick on the phone why more people don't do this and she said she had no idea.....

Though its a pain in the ass all the way around. Good luck!

Gold Member

I don't think any concert is cheap these days. It was 78 bucks to see Elmo for the 3 of us. That was before getting all the junk at the souveneir stand.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

SVZ

Go to the venue either the day before or the night of, that's how we always got the best deals.

We got into the Alexisonfire and Billy Talent concerts for free by talking with the bouncers.

I got into Hoobastank and LostProphets for free by whoring out my roadie skills. I unloaded a truck with a bunch of roadie boys, then got to see the shows for free. Too bad the Hoobastank guys were big assholes, otherwise I probably woulda hung out with them afterwards too.

Elite Member

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm going to call ticketmaster. Hoping they're not really sold out.

And 78 bucks for Elmo? Plus hitting up the souvenir stand? I bet you earned some serious mommy points for that one

Quote Originally Posted by mklady
    I don't think any concert is cheap these days. It was 78 bucks to see Elmo for the 3 of us. That was before getting all the junk at the souveneir stand.
    That show was just in my town too! Elmos Coloring Book or some shit. Almost took my 2 yr old, but after adding up the cost of the tickets, parking...and junk.....decided it was probably not worth the money, because she would probably be deathly afraid of the whole thing, so it'd be freaking $100.00, just to haul her screaming ass outta the venue after 3 minutes.
    Maybe next year.....

I never had any clue how expensive everything child related things are until I had a kid. Ever priced swing sets?? GOOD GOD!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The cheap tix all sold out about 25 years ago.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information