Thread: Brandon Flowers of "The Killers" Goes Solo

Default Brandon Flowers of "The Killers" Goes Solo

Well, that’s the last time we believe anything Brandon bloody Flowers tells us.

After months and months of denials, it was announced overnight that The Killers’ lead singer is indeed planning to release a solo album. All we know about it at the moment is that it will be called Flamingo and it will be out at some point this year.

For the past week, The Killers website had a countdown which this morning revealed what we can only assume is the cover art of the new record. It features Flowers’ name up in lights – what a surprise for such a humble guy.

It also pointed fans to a new website, brandonflowersmusic.com, which has basically nothing on it at the moment.

It was only last December that The Killers’ record label went out of their way to release a statement which, seemingly at the time, firmly stated Flowers wasn’t going solo. It said: “Brandon is not leaving The Killers to ‘go solo’.” But obviously they were just playing with words. [Liars!]

Of course, The Killers are currently on hiatus [although the band recently released a statement saying they weren’t taking an extended hiatus – this is very confusing!]

When Brandon was asked last year what a future Brandon Flowers solo album might sound like, his simple response was: “Awesome!” Asked to be more specific, he added: “It would be more adventurous.”

But who knows if he’s telling the truth.

Brandon Flowers Goes Solo

yuck. i hate the band and i can't imagine his solo stuff will be any better.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Here's a sample:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAy41ya2T-8[/YOUTUBE]

According to the fans on youtube, the "ha ha ha's" you hear are his voice. Guess hes going a more electro route.

I like the band, but I always suspected Brandon thinks he IS the band. It'll be interesting to see how he acts in the media now that he's on his own because I think the other guys in the band calmed him down at a time where he couldn't stop mouthing off about other musicians, like when he totally missed Green Day's sarcasm with the American Idiot title and accused them of making an anti-American album. Then said something like "I didn't like how they filmed the video in England with a bunch of British people yelling out they don't want to be an American idiot", when the only reason Green Day filmed it there was because they were on tour there at the time.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 4th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Love the Killers, especially Sam's Town. I wonder if he'll go more Springsteen or techno.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Doctora Pepper View Post
    Love the Killers, especially Sam's Town. I wonder if he'll go more Springsteen or techno.
    Considering the Killers had M83 open for them, I'm gonna guess techno/shoegaze...

Just listened to the sample...I really like it! Looking forward to this

I love their Springsteen stuff more than anything else, but I'll give this a shot too.

gayest name ever
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information