Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiely Williams - Spectacular

Default Kiely Williams - Spectacular

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96ujGstSUw[/youtube]
    Is this what the Cheetah Girls have come to? This is Kiely Williams of '3LW' and 'Cheetah Girls' fame. I also believe this is her first music video to date. Theres alot of buzz around this song, Ive even seen it called 'The Date Rape Anthem'. Figured Id post it here and get everyones opinions.

My opinion? I liked the beat and Im a huge fan of hers. But I hate the song due to the lyrics being terrible, her singing not going with the rythm and above all, the video being putrid. Her outfit is just... wow. Words cant describe how bad she looks in this. This is linked from her official Youtube as well and she sent out what I believe to be an official Email with recently. Here it is in its entirety.

I am an actor and performer. I have been so since my first role in a television pilot at five years old. I played a character when I was a “Cheetah Girl.” I am playing a character in the music video for the song “Spectacular,” as I did in the “Cheetah Girl” movies. Young women across the country get intoxicated and have unprotected sex. That's a fact. I recorded the song to bring attention to this frighteningly prevalent activity. It is absurd to infer or suggest that I am condoning this behavior.

Are Lady Gaga and Beyonce advocating murder with the “Telephone” video? Of, course not. Was Rihanna encouraging suicide with “Russian Roulette?” No. Was Madonna suggesting that young unmarried girls get pregnant with “Papa Don’t Preach?” I don’t think so. Is Academy Award winner Monique a proponent of incest because of her portrayal of Mary in the movie “Precious.” Clearly, the answer is no.

I wrote “Spectacular” and made the video to bring attention to a serious women’s health and safety issue.
    Please don’t shoot the messenger.
    So, any opinions on the video and her Email response to the horrible criticism its getting?

EDIT:
    What In The Nasty Girl Roofie Hell Is This? | Dlisted
    Michael K covered it too, adding info on why its known as 'The Date Rape Anthem'.
    Last edited by NVash; April 8th, 2010 at 02:30 AM.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMfzkZXUIU[/YOUTUBE]

I just checked my EMail, Kiely has released a video response to the backlash from her video.

Terrible Video, Stupid/disgusting song. Plus her voice is nothing remarkable.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

It's just a song. You would have to be very stupid to take it literally.

Kiely Williams Cares | Dlisted
    Cool, Michael K posted on her Email. I want to see what he has to say about the vid response as well.
    ohnotheydidnt: Kiely Williams defends "Spectacular" song/music video.
    The original link that Michael K linked to.

I agree, I dont think its that serious at all. But at the same time I can only wonder what in the World she was thinking making this terrible song and who in the World told her she can sing, because this mess is awful.

people like her can make stupid songs because we have Ke$ha
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ke$ha, IMHO, is terrible. Who in the World brushes their teeth with a bottle of jack? Every time I hear that song I think of that.

She's pretty, voice is nothing, but she really, really can't dance. She goes in my Rihanna file.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I was laughing about this a couple days ago. Also the people I think it's Barely Political that did a parody of GAGA did one of Kesha that was hilarious. The "oh oh" part was replace by the family crying at her intervention.

Also it sounds like the producer ripped Dirty Beatniks "Whores freaks saints and angels" and Green Velvet's "Genedefekt"
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

OMG!! What in the fucking hell is this? Is this chick serious? The lyrics are disturbing, her voice is weak, and the song was just awful. THe video was equally disturbing and looks like they spent a whole 15 bucks on it (including her trashy Wet Seal outfit). I felt like I needed a shower after watching this mess ... ugh . . .

See, this is the thing. Im a Kiely fan. I do not deny this. She and Raven are the reason I was and am still a Cheetah Girls fan. However, that does not make me like this song. I like the beat, the lyrics are trash and it looks like a wannabe Beyonce video. But what is interesting is this, which was said on many sites. Shes talking about how she has a message in this song, why is she singing about how the sex was spectacular? Makes no sense to me.

All that said, whenever, Adrienne and Sabrina drop their CDs Ill probably be the first in line to purchase them.

SVZ

The gays will love it.

I've always thought she was gorgeous too

what an awful song. whatever happened to writing decent lyrics.

Im still trying to figure out if she really was trying to get a point across or just made that mess up the second this horrible video got some flack.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Im still trying to figure out if she really was trying to get a point across or just made that mess up the second this horrible video got some flack.
    Made that mess up.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information