Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 year old Opera Singer ... real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hate child prodigy singers. whether it's mini gospel singers or mini opera divas, i just don't see the point. yes, impressive voice in a tiny body but so what? it's like some kind of circus gimmick or a monkey performing tricks, everyone ooohs and aaaaahs and then the kid disappears and/or grows up and people move on to the next mini prodigy and their 15 minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's not about approving or disapproving. i just don't give a crap that some 8 year-old has big pipes. it's not like they ever do anything with them besides singing standards to impress people. opera is about more than just a voice, what this kid is doing is nothing more than a parlour trick.
    You said it, so I don't have to. I've never understood the fascination the public has with kid talent. It's true, all one can say is ohhhhh. The sound of a child's voice is just that. I can barely stand most adult singers as it is. The only child singer I've ever liked was Michael Jackson. I like performers to be seasoned whether they sing or play an instrument. A child prodigy violinist leaves me cold.

Elite Member

Jackie was really impressive- cute kid, great voice - but the guy who won - Michael Grimm - now that's real talent. He's probably the best talent I've seen come out of any of the reality tv talent shows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information