Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: What celebs have you seen?

I haven't had any really good celebrity sighting which is sad considering I've lived in So Cal my whole life.

I saw paris hilton when i was shopping in the Bu. It was hard to miss her though, she was being followed by like 10 paparazzi

saw Keanu Reeves when i was eating fish n chips at neptunes net the other summer. His beard was super grown out and I didn't notice him but he was sitting at the table next to me and I heard him talk and knew the voice

saw Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson at the mall (i was in high school so this was a good 14 years ago)

saw Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez at a wedding i was in.

was at a family friends party and Kevin Kostner was there. my boyfriend had to tell me who he was. he's not somebody i recognize by face

ummm, OH and I saw Pat Benatar at the mall too

Omg... you sat next to Keanu!!! Lucky. That would be awesome. I have such a soft spot for him. It would be surreal to actually hear him speak. Like yah brah, I'm just munchin on some excellent fish and chips dude. hehe

I processed Brad Pitt at First Class check-in at JFK back in 1994. He had his long blond Tristan hair from Legends of the Fall. Was connecting from London where I think he was filming Interview with the Vampire. He was very polite and unassuming. Once he headed for the gate every female came running over asking "Do you know who that was???"

Duh.
    sprynkles and Clubber Lang like this.

I would shit if I saw Pat Benatar out. Love her.

Practically had dinner with Ted Turner last night!lol Sadly he probably needs added to the death pool. He looked very frail and much older than 74.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

was at smorgasburg in dumbo stuffing my face yesterday and they were filming a scene from the next spiderman there. thought for sure it would probably be a stunt double but it was andrew garfield all dressed up as spidey, hanging out waiting for the shot to begin, and then on top of a truck shooting the scene. the spiderman costume is pretty cool up close, the fabric is very high techy and i like that the blue part is a nice dark, almost petroleum blue. andrew garfield is skinny and pretty cute.
    kersalli and gas_chick like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This happened during a phone conversation with the Bloke literally 15 minutes ago:

Bloke: "There's some knob trying to squeeze their Range Rover past me and there's barely enough room *goes into minor rant about why people feel they need Range Rovers in London*. Wait... Shit! It's that actress!"

Kitty: "Which actress? Give me a clue."

Bloke: "Whassername... Ummm, older lady, takes her clothes off a lot.."

Kitty: "Helen Mirren?"

Bloke: "Yes!"

It shows what a total geek he is by the fact that right now he's actually more interested in the fact that Tim Dry of incredibly obscure '80's act Tik and Tok is going to be at the same place as he's working at today and that he might get to meet him than just nearly having his car dinged by Helen Mirren.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Maybe really-really old GRrs, or movie fanatics, might enjoy this.

I was supervising the ticket counter at Boston Logan years ago, and one of the agents came up to me saying "The old guy at the end of the counter asked to speak to a supervisor".

It was the immortal Kevin McCarthy from the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

He was in no way angry - it was just some frequent flyer adjustment we had to work out. Meanwhile, I always tried to be discreet when dealing with passengers, but I said in passing (while working on my computer) how much I'd enjoyed his work over the years. Mentioned a number of non-Body-Snatcher roles, and that I knew his sister was the famous author, Mary McCarthy (she wrote "The Group")

We worked and talked, and I typed. He gave me an autographed picture and said if I picked up the Globe that Sunday, they were doing a feature on him. He was turning 80 that weekend and lived on the Cape. I still have the picture and the Entertainment section of the Globe, of course.

When he left the counter, other agents came up to ask if that was the Body Snatchers guy. I told them what a nice person he was and to pick up the Globe on Sunday for his 80th birthday. These young agents looked aghast. He's 80???????????? He doesn't look over 65.

Loved him. He died recently, well into his 90s. A very, very, very nice man.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...vNAVxGRJ-ZCPPl
    HWBL, thordis, Laurent and 1 others like this.

I don't live in an area swarming with celebs so I've never randomly brushed shoulders with one. But I've seen Misha Collins at a convention. Very nice smile. I met Adam West and Burt Ward, too. Burt's very friendly.

Also I don't know if she counts as a celebrity but I saw the world's shortest mother (at the time) at a pool party my uncle's batshit wife was throwing. Hard to beat, I know.

I had brunch at one of my favourite restaurants in Brooklyn, Roberta's in Bushwick. Guy Fieri and Mario Batali were having brunch together with their families a couple of tables over from us.
    that's the third professional chef I've seen there. The first one I saw was Elizabeth falkner, she was there on a date with a chick.

fieri was wearing a super douchy fluorescent green polo shirt. Looked like a total asshole. Totally didn't fit in with the atmosphere, and considering the shit he makes I don't think they should have even let him in lol. Batali looks nicer and more normal. They were there with what I assume are their wives and kids.
    sprynkles and Rusalka like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I somehow can't picture Mario Batali having brunch with Guy Fieri. But then again, Batali did that whole road trip with Goopy so I guess obnoxious twats are his thing.
    Beeyotch and Angeli like this.

i bet fieri invited himself and tagged along.

damn, now i'm craving roberta's scrambled eggs (more like scrambled yolks, those things are sinful). and a sticky bun.

I hear about Rebecca's but haven't been. What's good? LOL.

Here's some SJP dirt told to me by a friend who was there. There's a store that makes men's custom shirts and when SJP and Matthew Broderick came in they closed off an area for them but people could still shop. My friend was in ear shot. First she described her. She said the woman is practically invisible. She's so narrow and tiny, spindly legs, bad knees, no shoulders, butt or hips, just boobs. Her hair is deep fried and over processed. She had a very sharp tongue, very clipped in her speech as she'd tell the salesperson "No" and "Okay" to the shirts he was bringing over. She'd nix a lot of choices and then go through the racks of shirts and jackets. My friend said maybe she wasn't in a good mood that day but she sure didn't have the sweet nature we think she has.

Hit By Ban Bus!

SJP should brush up on her tact and politeness; it would go a long way. Lord help the poor woman, she's certainly nothing to look at. That's why she should concentrate on improving her personality.

OK I met Steve Miller once outside the stage door after a concert. He was funny and personable. Also met ZZ Top at a meet and greet which my best friend won passes for from our local classic rock station. They were very, very cool.
    Rusalka likes this.

i saw the rev. jesse jackson standing outside the UN, coming out of the mandela day event at the general assembly. big guy and he looks great for his age and was surprisingly low key. i didn't go to the event so i don't know if he spoke or had any role there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I hear about Rebecca's but haven't been. What's good? LOL.
    everything. no, really.
    if you go for brunch, get the scrambled eggs and share the breakfast pizza. and you have to get a side of bacon, that shit is sinful and about a quarter of an inch thick and crispy and incredible.
    if you go for dinner, you can't go wrong with any of the pizzas, the sweetbreads are to die for and i love the roasted lettuces salad.

Thread Information