Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: I have an irrational hatred for these celebrities.....

Paul Newman was robbed in 1967. Robbed I tell you! And as much as I love Sidney Poitier, Newman was robbed in 1963 too for his turn as HUD. Sidney’ Magical Negro was unimpressive to me.
    Mrs Fawlty and effie2 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Who the hell is rod steiger? I hate him now too and I don’t know who he is.
    He played Chief Bill Gillespie in the movie version of "InThe Heat of The Night." He also played that creeper, Judd, in the movie version of "Oklahoma!"
    sputnik likes this.

So damn many that I'm drawing a blank except for Julia Roberts. I want to continuously punch her in her giant mouth. Oh and that crack chick Kate Bosworth. Why is she fucking famous????
    Nevan, Beeyotch and firebrat1229 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Who the hell is rod steiger? I hate him now too and I don’t know who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Is it meta that the irrational thread has caused (see Sput's post above) a hatred so irrational we are now starting to hate people we don't even know nor have ever heard of? Love it.
    What is even more meta is the fact that I kept reading the name as Rod Serling and I thought, why doesn't sput know what the Twilight Zone is...In a world where I cannot read...

Today's irrational hatred belongs to Alexa Chung. She seems dumb. She's nothing much to look at. She's smug for I can't figure out what reason. And I just don't like her face.
    Nevan likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Every celebrity I hate is a rational hate. The only one I can think of that is irrational is Benedict Cumberbatch

Olivia Jade
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Olivia Jade
    "Hi, Olivia Jade here. Just wanted to give you guys a tour of my cell that was generously outfitted by Amazon Maximum Security....!""

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Hi, Olivia Jade here. Just wanted to give you guys a tour of my cell that was generously outfitted by Amazon Maximum Security....!""
    "I swear this is not sponsored by anyone. They just really helped me decorate my cell!" #notspons And considering the interior design team at Amazon made Olivia Jade's dorm room look like a sad basic bitch jail cell, they should do wonders for her in prison.

Anyway...Katy Perry. Again, there are lots of rational reasons, but I feel like she's not even interesting enough for me to dislike her as much as I do.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

see, now i'm disliking aunt becky and felicity. two people i would normally not even think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    "I swear this is not sponsored by anyone. They just really helped me decorate my cell!" #notspons And considering the interior design team at Amazon made Olivia Jade's dorm room look like a sad basic bitch jail cell, they should do wonders for her in prison.
    It's actually against the law to lie about this. The FTC has been cracking down on it. Here's a very basic article from two years ago explaining it, but they've gotten tougher since. And regular users are reporting these "influencers" (I hate that term). There have been numerous flare ups in the beauty community over this. It's so silly because almost all these sponsored ads (like Olivia Jade had) are SO OBVIOUSLY sponsored. They think the general public is so stupid and they can get out of properly labeling these ads/tweets/videos/etc. while making six figures for a slight mention of a sponsor.

Instagram: FTC Warns Celebrities Over Social Media Ads | Fortune
    Waterslide and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    It's actually against the law to lie about this. The FTC has been cracking down on it. Here's a very basic article from two years ago explaining it, but they've gotten tougher since. And regular users are reporting these "influencers" (I hate that term). There have been numerous flare ups in the beauty community over this. It's so silly because almost all these sponsored ads (like Olivia Jade had) are SO OBVIOUSLY sponsored. They think the general public is so stupid and they can get out of properly labeling these ads/tweets/videos/etc. while making six figures for a slight mention of a sponsor.

Instagram: FTC Warns Celebrities Over Social Media Ads | Fortune
    That's what I couldn't understand about her dorm video in the other thread. How are Olivia Jade and Amazon defining "sponsored"? I figured the loophole was that Amazon didn't pay her money outright for her shilling their crap on her channel.
    Nevan likes this.

Well, honestly, maybe this Olivia Jade character is just that stupid. It only takes an email account to start a YouTube channel. I'm aware of it because of the intense waste of time I watch beauty YT videos and read about the beauty community. I would never have known either. And from what I can tell about the FTC regulations, there is no such thing as a loophole if it's sponsored or even free product given for review. When this hit for the 2nd or 3rd time in the beauty world last year, a couple of YTers came out with sponsor contracts and the actual cost of writing a tweet or giving a really good review for some makeup. It blows my mind how much money these INFLUENCERS get thrown at them, especially for the silly little shit like taking a pic of yourself with a product and saying three nice words about it on Twitter.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

She is ungodly stupid. I don't want to give her hits (and she's getting more subscribers because of this mess), but I watched a couple of her videos and everything is "literally amazing" with her. She even came out and said she said something that she needed to work on in college was having more (unfamous, poor) friends because growing up with famous parents she couldn't let people into her life because they would take advantage of her, but she's learning that people can be nice. I don't know, maybe I'm a rube, but I wouldn't give a rat's ass her mom was Aunt Becky other than "wow, that's interesting." I mean it's doubly interesting now because her parents are criminals. Point being, it's clear to me that her parents did a number on her because she's completely entitled and self-absorbed.

And don't get me started on influencers...they are the most basic, unimaginative group of pseudo famous people on the planet, but they rake in the money with their stupid weight loss teas and Morphe brushes and teeth whitener and whatever else there is. I thought the point of influencing people was to be a trendsetter, not just letting companies contrive your entire existence with free shit for Instagram posts and YT videos.
    Nevan likes this.

OJ was just dropped as an influencer and collaborator with Sephora (she had her own Sephora palette! I had no clue who this person even was a few days ago). That's gotta hurt. She and her mother also did a sponsored ad or tweet (I'm not sure which) for Hewlett Packard and it was removed today. Let's see if Amazon drops her next.

Quite a few years ago, I was toying with starting a YT beauty channel. I was bored, I love makeup and skincare and the very few beauty YTers at the time that I watched had suffered from anxiety/panic and used their medium to keep the anxiety at bay. It seemed like a win/win and my then husband was all for it. But then I started reading some beauty groups, and OMG, these people are freaking crazy. If I had to use one word .... self-important. Not my thing. I still watch, but a lot of it is hate watching, lol. There are a few that I watch all the time (including nail channels) and that's enough for me. Every single time I click on a video, though, I am acutely aware that I'm putting money in someone's pocket.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ... Anyway...Katy Perry. Again, there are lots of rational reasons, but I feel like she's not even interesting enough for me to dislike her as much as I do.
    Oh God, yes. Hate her face, hate her awful constipated "singing", hate her fashion choices.
    Waterslide, Ravenna and gas_chick like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information