Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Hot real-life celeb couples (past or present)

Simon and Yasmin Le Bon

I freaking love that first photo of Yasmin and Simon.
    KrisNine and sparkles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I freaking love that first photo of Yasmin and Simon.
    Me too! They've been together forever. Especially in a world of models and rock stars.

I've always thought she was gorgeous. I'm such a Duranie, so I've always loved him.

I love how they look too. Like people used to look. Normal. He doesn't have enormous pecs and she doesn't have enormous anything. Gawd, what has happened to the way celebs look? It's kind of sick.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Me too! They've been together forever. Especially in a world of models and rock stars.

I've always thought she was gorgeous. I'm such a Duranie, so I've always loved him.
    Yeah, she is amazing. It seems like it was just the serendipity of two actually normal (but great looking) people getting together. I went back and read about Simon, and there was one pretty quirky detail about him. Even though he was English and Christian, he went to work at some point (after college, but before Duran Duran) to Israel and lived on a kibbutz.
    Waterslide likes this.

I loved Yasmin and Simon so much. I wanted to grow up and look like her. I still want to look like her. I also loved that pic where she's in profile about to kiss him. And her neck. I'm so envious. I'd always heard she was pretty nice, too.

I remember Simon lived on a kibbutz and he wrote some songs with some beautiful lyrics while he was there before he even knew he was going to be in Duran Duran. I think one of them was The Chauffeur.

I wanted to post some pics of Nick Rhodes' and Julianne Friedman's wedding, too. That was a crazy 80s pink flamingo extravaganza.
    KrisNine likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I thought Jaclyn Smith and Dennis Cole were a hot couple, but pretty short lived....

^I don't like bleach blonde women, but permanently bleached blond guys are just kinda creepy.

With his natural hair:
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ When I looked at their pics, I was wondering what he looked like before the bleach job and the awful '70s nose job. Did he get an eye job too? His face looks very feminized in that wedding photo. Definitely not in a good way. And he looks like he's wearing mascara.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

You guys make good points on his bleached hair, but I chose them in the context of the time they were in. Now, I don't think that kind of hair would fly, but I think even guys like Sting and Simon Le Bon lightened their hair at the height of their popularity.
    HWBL likes this.

I think 80s guys got away with lightening their hair because it was meant to look punk/new wave/avant garde. They wanted people to know they were coloring their hair whereas guys in the 70s (Dennis Cole) really thought people were buying that silvery blond hair as real.
    HWBL, Sassiness and effie2 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ When I looked at their pics, I was wondering what he looked like before the bleach job and the awful '70s nose job. Did he get an eye job too? His face looks very feminized in that wedding photo. Definitely not in a good way. And he looks like he's wearing mascara.
    You guys make good points on his bleached hair, but I chose them in the context of the time they were in. Now, I don't think that kind of hair would fly, but I think even guys like Sting and Simon Le Bon lightened their hair at the height of their popularity.
    Yeah, as did Barry and Andy Gibb, just not permanently. Every now and then they'd have this phase for a year or so and did something with their hair. This one seems to have wanted to give the impression it was natural, like from the sun or something (yeah right).
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I think 80s guys got away with lightening their hair because it was meant to look punk/new wave/avant garde. They wanted people to know they were coloring their hair whereas guys in the 70s (Dennis Cole) really thought people were buying that silvery blond hair as real.
    To be fair: they DID look very happy together and quite relaxed, so that was a good thing. However, they were only married for 3 years, I believe.
    Looking at his before and after bleach pix makes me wonder if he cheated on his age. I mean, the dark haired pic is from the sixties and he already looks - to me - in his late thirties/early forties there..... Yet he passed away in 2009 at the age of 69.......
    MohandasKGanja and Waterslide like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Angelina and Jonny Lee Miller.
    She was so beautiful back then, it was unreal.

MohandasKGanja likes this.

Wow, I absolutely love that first pic of her with Miller - although it looks like he is about to go out with his bowling league.
    GRuser1 likes this.

Wow, I absolutely love that first pic of her with Miller - although it looks like he is about to go out with his bowling league.
    LOL, that's true! There is a weird amount of pictures of them together in which she looks super polished and he looks like he's wearing random everyday clothes:
    EDIT: not "together" together in this picture, just in the same photo... but the way she looks at him is interesting.

But then you also have this....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information