Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Could we have a thread with a list of which celebs have covid19?

Dr Drew has tested positive for Covid19
    Last edited by ikmccall; December 30th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

Dawn Wells - my beloved "Marianne" from Gilligan's Island - just died of it. Wells was a member of the same sorority as my mom (Alpha Chi Omega). RIP!
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Dr Drew has tested positive for Covid19
    Are you effin kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Dawn Wells - my beloved "Marianne" from Gilligan's Island - just died of it. Wells was a member of the same sorority as my mom (Alpha Chi Omega). RIP!
    This is so sad. I can't even wrap my head around it. Darling Mary Ann. Her eyelashes were the best. I swear if Barbara Eden steps outside I'm tying her to a chair. She tweeted that DW was her friend.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Ellen DeGeneres, Sharon and Carrie all have/had the virus. These people never needed to leave the house for groceries or work. I want to know where they were to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I bet they all have a lot of people working for them inside the house. And I also don't think that they really never left the house...
    That's what I think too. They might be filming their shows remotely from home, but they have people coming in. I don't watch the Talk or Ellen, but I've noticed on the View (Sunny Hostin mainly) they are perfectly coiffed and tons of makeup, don't tell me they're doing their own. No covid hair, like mine. And who is doing their technical setups? Did they fire their cleaning people and cooks? Doubtful. And yeah, they're probably having private gatherings too. The only one I've seen who is bare bones is Rachael Ray, no makeup, messy hair, and her husband is doing all the filming.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Dr. Drew was volunteering in the ER of an LA hospital. Full PPE and there you go. Does it seem like it's spreading faster these days?

twitchy2.0 and Patty Rox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I originally posted in her GoFundMe thread, but here we are. She definitely was my favorite over Ginger.

CNN)Dawn Wells, who played the lovable castaway Mary Ann Summers on "Gilligan's Island," died in Los Angeles on Wednesday from Covid-19 complications, her publicist Harlan Boll confirmed to CNN.

She was 82.
    Tina Louise portrayed movie star Ginger Grant on "Gilligan's Island" and said in a statement to CNN, "I was sad to learn of Dawn's passing, I will always remember her kindness to me."
    "We shared in creating a cultural landmark that has continued to bring comfort and smiles to people during this difficult time," the statement read. "I hope that people will remember her the way that I do -- always with a smile on her face."
    Born in Reno, Nevada, Wells represented her home state in the Miss America pageant in 1959.
    That opened the door for her to start a career in Hollywood where she appeared in a multitude of television shows, including "77 Sunset Strip," "Maverick," "Bonanza," "The Joey Bishop Show" and "Hawaiian Eye."
    She beat out 350 other actresses to nab the role of girl-next-door Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," which aired on CBS from 1964 to 1967 and later in syndication.
    In a 2016 interview with Forbes magazine, Wells revealed that the job was not as lucrative as many people believed.
    "A misconception is that we must be wealthy, rolling in the dough, because we got residuals. We didn't really get a dime," she said. "I think my salary -- of course, I was low on the totem pole, Ginger (Tina Louise) and Thurston (Jim Backus) got more -- was $750 a week. Sherwood Schwartz, our producer, reportedly made $90 million on the reruns alone!"
    She starred in more than 150 TV shows, seven motion pictures including "Winterhawk" (which she also narrated) and more than 60 productions on and off Broadway.
    Beyond acting, Wells also served as a producer, author, journalist, motivational speaker, teacher, humanitarian, spokesperson and chairwoman of the Terry Lee Wells Foundation, an organization for women and children in northern Nevada, as well as running her Film Actors Boot Camp for seven years in Idaho.
    She received the Elephant Sanctuary Trumpeting Award for her activism in supporting The Elephant Sanctuary. The sanctuary, founded in 1995, is the nation's largest natural habitat refuge developed specifically for African and Asian elephants.
    But it was her pigtail-wearing character on "Gilligan's Island" which made her a beloved star -- and she had fun with it.
    Wells acted as the "castaway correspondent" for Channel 9 in Sydney, Australia, where she interviewed actors and directors including Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Julia Roberts, Rene Russo, Mel Gibson, Ron Howard, and Richard Donner.
    At the premiere of the film "Gravity," she presented star Sandra Bullock with a coconut cream pie, in honor of their shared experience with being "stranded."
    "Gilligan's Island" was an unexpected hit and in honor of the 50th anniversary of the series, Wells released "A Guide To Life: What Would Mary Ann Do?" in which she wrote about the meaning of the Mary Ann character and observed the cultural shifts that have happened since she was on the island.
    Her gingham dress and famous short shorts from "Gilligan's Island" are currently on display in the lobby of The Hollywood Museum.
    She is survived by her stepsister, Weslee Wells.
    No services have been scheduled at this time and in lieu of flowers, donations are requested to either The Elephant Sanctuary, Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum or The Shambala Preserve.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

It's kind of surprising the formative impact that someone like Dawn Wells/Mary Ann can have on someone. It gave me a lifelong appreciation for women who look strong, and not skinny. Rational and positive personality. Dark hair, heart-shaped face, and looking great in shorts.

It's not official, but I'm positive Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quinones (aka Ozone in Breakin' 1 & 2) who passed 12/30 died of this.

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I know, a lot of people can't stand him. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Larry King's got in, in the hospital now. He's beat just about every illness. Good luck Larry.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    It's not official, but I'm positive Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quinones (aka Ozone in Breakin' 1 & 2) who passed 12/30 died of this.

I was shocked and sad to hear about that. He posted that his test was negative, then the next day he died. I’m curious of what lead to his death.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Larry King just died of complications from COVID-19 at age 87.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nterviews.html

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I was shocked and sad to hear about that. He posted that his test was negative, then the next day he died. I’m curious of what lead to his death.
    There can be many reasons. A person does not need to be sick with COVID to die. Nowadays, there are many diseases from which we can hardly protect ourselves in any way. For example, a blood clot can come off and get into the heart, but the person did not even know about the existence of a blood clot. But this is almost instant death. Although a blood clot can get into the brain and other organs. In general, there are a lot of different problems.

Could have been something that had similar symptoms to Covid.
    -

fgg

‘Dawson’s Creek’ writer Heidi Ferrer commits suicide after contracting COVID

Heidi Ferrer, a writer for “Dawson’s Creek,” committed suicide in May after a yearlong battle with COVID-19, her husband said. She was 50.

Her spouse, screenwriter, director and producer Nick Guthe, told Deadline she took her own life May 26. She had contracted COVID-19 in April 2020 and was still fighting the virus over a year later. Ferrer was “bedridden and in constant physical pain” in May due to long-term symptoms of the virus, including severe neurological tremors.

“My beautiful angel, Heidi, passed over tonight after a 13 month battle with Long Haul Covid,” Guthe wrote on Twitter. “She was an amazing mother. She fought this insidious disease with the same ferocity she lived with. I love you forever and I’ll see you down the road.”

As reported by TMZ, Ferrer wrote about her battle with the virus, detailing her symptoms in a September post.

“In my darkest moments, I told my husband that if I didn’t get better, I did not want to live like this. I wasn’t suicidal, I just couldn’t see any quality of life long term and there was no end in sight,” she wrote at the time on her blog GirlToMom, which she started in 2008 to write about raising a child with progressive infantile scoliosis.

Born in Kansas, Ferrer moved to Los Angeles in the 1980s to pursue acting and wound up studying at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. Eventually, she moved onto screenwriting after selling her first spec, “The C Word,” to Academy Award-winning producer Arnold Kopelson, Deadline reported.

Ferrer went on to write episodes of “Dawson’s Creek” and “Wasteland.”

She is survived by her husband; 13-year-old son, Bexon; her mother, Nancy Gilmore; and sisters Laura Frerer-Schmidt and Sierra Summerville.

If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, you can get help by contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/17/dawson...584.1604687787

this is so sad. i've been pretty insulated from knowing anyone who contracted COVID, let alone had serious complications or died until recently. i found out a coworker had it last week via email and the next day we got notice that he had died.
    palta likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information