Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Could we have a thread with a list of which celebs have covid19?

Not exactly a celeb but Princess Eugenie's FIL, George Brooksbank, has it.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Patricia Bosworth, Celebrity Biographer and Former Actress, Dies at 86

By Pat Saperstein

Patricia Bosworth, who started out as an actress in films such as “The Nun’s Story” and went on to become a notable celebrity biographer and magazine editor, died Thursday of complications of coronavirus. She was 86.

Her friend Ray Leslee wrote on Facebook, “Patti was more than a great writer. She was an inspiration and a pillar of support to so many wonderful people. And she was so dear to me. She was the youngest and most vibrant 86-year-old I know. I last spoke to her on March 10th. She had just returned from a week’s travels, researching for her new book about Paul Robeson…The deadly virus came on very quickly and she’s gone.”

Bosworth wrote bestselling biographies of Montgomery Clift, Marlon Brando, Jane Fonda and Diane Arbus, for whom she had posed early in her career as a model.

Born Patricia Crum in Oakland, Calif., she moved to New York with her family as a teenager and began modeling after graduating Sarah Lawrence College. She then studied acting under Lee Strasberg at the Actors Studio. She worked on Broadway and in television on shows including “The Naked City” and “The Patty Duke Show.”

Moving into journalism in the 1960s, she began writing features for the New York Times and New York Magazine, eventually becoming editor of senior editor of McCall’s and managing editor of Harper’s Bazaar. She went on to work at Viva, Mirabella and Vanity Fair, where she continued to be a contributing editor.

The author knew Jane Fonda from the Actors Studio in the 1950s, and the actress gave her full access for the 2011 biography “Jane Fonda: The Private Life of a Public Woman,” which Bosworth worked on for 10 years.

Her controversial biography of Arbus, which was not approved by the photographer’s estate, served as a basis for the 2006 film “Fur,” directed by Steven Shainberg. Nicole Kidman played Arbus, while Ty Burell and Robert Downey Jr. played her husband and lover.
    Her most recent book was “The Men in My Life: A Memoir of Love and Art in 1950s Manhattan.”

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Christopher Cross calls coronavirus ‘worst illness I’ve ever had’

By Alex Heigl

April 3, 2020 | 3:10pm

Enlarge Image
    Christopher CrossGetty Images

We know it’s crazy, but it’s true.
    Five-time Grammy winner Christopher Cross confirmed that he was battling coronavirus in a Facebook post Friday. Cross, whose smooth hits “Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do)” and “Sailing” were part of the soundtrack of the early 1980s, wrote, “I’m sorry to report that I am among the growing number of Americans who tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
    “Although I am fortunate enough to be cared for at home, this is possibly the worst illness I’ve ever had,” the 68-year-old continued.
    “For those of you who still do not believe the COVID-19 virus is real, or think it is a ‘hoax’ or part of some conspiracy, my advice to you is to understand right now that this is a deadly illness spreading like wildfire throughout the world,” his statement went on. “PLEASE make every attempt to stall the spread of the virus.”
    Cross joined with Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz and other music biz vets for a tour in celebration of The Beatles’ “White Album” in 2019. And yes — he also played “Sailing.”
    Waterslide likes this.

Marianne Faithfull has it.
    Waterslide and Annika like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Marianne Faithfull has it.

oh nooooo, she's in a vulnerable group!!! i hope she recovers. she's an icon to me.

She's in hospital, hope she'll be ok
    Annika likes this.

Marianne?! This is getting intolerable.
    Annika likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...avirus-978562/

“Marianne Faithfull’s manager François Ravard has confirmed that Marianne is being treated for COVID-19 in hospital in London,” the singer’s reps said in a statement to Rolling Stone Saturday. “She is stable and responding to treatment. We all wish her well and a full and speedy recovery.”

Faithfull’s longtime friend Penny Arcade told Rolling Stone that the singer was sheltering in place following the United Kingdom’s order to do so when she developed a cold. Out of caution, Faithfull checked herself into the hospital on Monday, where she tested positive for COVID-19. She remains hospitalized after developing pneumonia, Arcade said.
    Sarzy likes this.

Apparently John Taylor from Duran Duran has had it.
    Annika likes this.

I read that last night! About John Taylor. Please don't take Duran Duran!!
    Annika and Beeyotch like this.

Boris Johnson has been moved to the ICU ... I don't know if anyone posted it elsewhere.
    Annika likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Virginia Roberts, Prince Andrew's accuser, has it.

^Oh no. That's just terrible.

I just saw this on Twitter. I don't know if anyone remembers this story, but even if you don't, it's sad and I think he's more of an internet story than a celebrity, but I think he deserves to be mentioned here. His name was Lonnie and the rest is described below. He was just too young.

https://twitter.com/MingiXoxo/status...13632564719618

395 people are talking about this

I am a tragedy when I try to post tweets. I am sorry.

Last edited by Waterslide; April 9th, 2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: why twitter why?
    witchcurlgirl and KrisNine like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^Oh no. That's just terrible.

I just saw this on Twitter. I don't know if anyone remembers this story, but even if you don't, it's sad and I think he's more of an internet story than a celebrity, but I think he deserves to be mentioned here. His name was Lonnie and the rest is described below. He was just too young.

395 people are talking about this

I am a tragedy when I try to post tweets. I am sorry.

Waterslide, are you maybe getting Lonnie confused with Jamal? Lonnie was Wanda's husband - the older guy in the pic.

[QUOTE=Waterslide;3779338]^Oh no. That's just terrible.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information