Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Could we have a thread with a list of which celebs have covid19?

I was raised Catholic and I ONLY want the meds where fetal cells were used. Make those unused fetal cells count for something, goddamnit.

How ya like them apples?

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

My dear heart Jeff Bridges:

Jeff Bridges says his cancer is in remission, and he's making progress in his fight against the long-term effects of Covid after a tough battle.

In a new post to his website, the actor says his cancerous mass is now the "size of a marble" and his Covid "in the rear view mirror" after a struggle that began earlier this year.

Bridges believes he caught the virus after being exposed at the facility where he was receiving chemotherapy treatment.
    He spent five weeks in the hospital, he said, because "my immune system is shot from the chemo." (Sue Bridges got it too and was in the hospital for one week)

"My dance with Covid makes my cancer look like a piece of cake," he wrote.

He said he's still working on completely foregoing oxygen assistance but no longer needs it to walk around.
    Bridges was happy to report that his goal of walking his daughter, Hayley, down the aisle at her wedding was accomplished, and he was also able to do the traditional father/daughter dance without the assistance of oxygen.
    Bridges said his wife also battled Covid and spent five days in the hospital.

"Covid kicked my ass pretty good, but I'm double vaccinated and feeling much better now," Bridges wrote, adding that he managed to keep his spirits up.

"While I had moments of tremendous pain...getting close to the pearly gates, all in all, I felt happy and joyous most of the time. This brush with mortality has brought me a real gift life is brief and beautiful," he wrote. "Love is all around us and available at all times. It's a matter of opening ourselves to receive the gift."
    Bridges will next star in "The Old Man" for FX, a drama based on the novel from Thomas Perry.

I saw the video of him dancing with his daughter at the wedding. It made me so happy and he looked so happy. He's got natural rhythm and long legs. He's a real dancer, danced in a lot of his films. His mother made him learn ballroom dancing when he was a teenager. Do not die, Dude. Please.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/13/entertainment/j
    eff-bridges-cancer-covid/index.html

Ed Sheehan has tested positive for Covid19

Jon Bon Jovi has tested positive.

WH Press Secretary Jen Psaki has tested positive.

The Washington Post has an interesting article (or editorial) by a doctor explaining how "fully vaccinated" can be a misnomer. Especially in the case of Colin Powell, who was described as full vaccinated when he died of COVID-19. Basically, he was still battling multiple myeloma, and his immunity was so bad at this point (because of the way multiple myeloma works) that a vaccination was not going to protect him.

Plus the virus mutates do I’m double vaccinated but I still got covid - fortunately for me it stopped me from getting really sick.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^^^^
    the vaccine works! Glad you’re feeling better, nov.
    we're all going to get it at some point, and it's going to become endemic like the 4 or 5 other coronavirus that are in circulation, a couple of which are responsible for the flu strains that come out every year.

my mom got it during her trip to canada to visit my siblings. luckily, she was also vaxxed and just had mild symptoms for a couple of days. i had a weird gastro at the start of my trip to switzerland, basically puked my guts out for a few days and had a bit of fever, in hindsight i wonder if it could have been a small breakthrough case? i've heard it can start with gastro symptoms and sometimes that's one of the only symptoms. luckily the friends i was staying with all had covid already. the good thing when you're vaxxed too is you're contagious for way less time than if you're not. The friends I stayed with, their 20 month old got it at daycare and gave it to his grandma who was already double vaxxed but luckily she had mild symptoms. The baby’s fine, he just had a cold and gastro symptoms.
    mostroop likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

you could always get an antibody test to know for sure. we were convinced that mr czb got it - he traveled all over china when the virus first erupted and he came home and was insanely sick, had many symptoms that were later identified as covid. didn't find out until he had his ab test a few months later that he was never exposed.

^^^^
    i have to schedule a dr's appt anyway so i might as well ask. if i'm vaxxed, wouldn't that look the same as antibodies from actual covid though?
    i just assumed i got a daycare stomach bug from the baby since he was having a bit of diarrhoea around the time that i arrived. that's also how he got covid in the first place about 2 months ago, and since he's recovered from that there was no reason to think that's what it was. plus, i took a pcr test before traveling (even though it wasn't required, i was paranoid since it was my first time going to europe since covid).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^^^^^
    i'd forgotten all about her. i guess that's one way to stay in the news
    Novice likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i have to schedule a dr's appt anyway so i might as well ask. if i'm vaxxed, wouldn't that look the same as antibodies from actual covid though?
    good question. i believe they have tests that can determine the diff but you have to ask.
    sputnik likes this.

kristy Swanson is a stupid trumper.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i .
    Apparently no, I bought a self test antibody kit and after doing the whole messy, getting my own blood in very thin tube thingy, i tested negative and only THEN i saw the box stated that the test didn't detect antibodies from vaccin. A blood test at the doctor's office showed I did have antibodies
    sputnik likes this.

Thread Information