View Poll Results: When will this relationship end?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • When the youngest kid is an adult and the bills are paid.

25 53.19%
  • Never. This is true love.

7 14.89%
  • somewhere between the two above

8 17.02%
  • any second now

7 14.89%
Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Like Tree5019Likes

Thread: The Big Fat Time to Get a LifE thread.

This looks like something Chef Ramsay pulls out of a Kitchen Nightmare freezer....

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    But, but...its semi homemade!
    She chopped the veggies!

Pay pay close attention to what falls after Swedish Chef shoots the cabbage.....it’s Brussel sprouts!

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    This looks like something Chef Ramsay pulls out of a Kitchen Nightmare freezer....

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Watching the show right now and I actually like it. I have mixed feelings. I want him to fail but, I want him to also be successful so Le suffers.
    Zooyork likes this.

As soon as it came on the channel i was watching, I changed it to Bobs Burgers.
    fgg, Annika and BrickHouse like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Apparently Falcor is way too busy to do a phone interview to promote her 4th of July concert at Marin Co Fair. She made reporter email her the questions in advanced. She then refused to answer his question about the affair. Reporter wanted to know if affair fallout was still a problem. I guess re-recording the Borrowed dick song with Nicks is a must do- but no bueno when it comes to talking about it in real life.

I love how the Marin Journal seems to label her a has-been here -lol. Claiming she peaked 21 years ago with Blue and how she spends a lot time prancing in bikinis taking selfies. Poor guy, I guess when she acted like such a snob he was forced to use google to get Falcor Facts. I bet he got all his material from coming here. Especially after saying she likes dressing in lingerie and making "come hither looks." JFC.

Marin Independent

‘Re-imagined’ LeAnn Rimes headlines Marin County Fair
    By: Paul Liberatore (p.liberatore@comcast.net )

POSTED: Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:46 a.m.
    UPDATED: A DAY AGO

Did LeAnn Rimes' country music career peak too soon?

The 35-year-old singer, who headlines the Marin County Fair on the Fourth of July, became an overnight sensation in 1997 when she was 14, winning a pair of Grammys for the title track of her debut album, "Blue," a classic country confection that showcased her prodigious vocal talent (she made yodeling sound cool), drawing comparisons to the late Patsy Cline, one of country music's all-time greats.

With the multiplatinum success of "Blue," Rimes became the youngest person to win Grammys for best new artist and best female country vocal performance. Before her, no country singer of any age had ever won in the best new artist category.

That same year, she became the youngest ever nominated for the Country Music Association's "Horizon Award" for Best New Artist. And ended up winning it.

Looking at the video for "Blue" 21 years later, the Mississippi-born Rimes projects an image of a country music "Lolita," lounging poolside in white-framed sunglasses, radiating a blossoming teenage sensuality.

Now in her mid-30s, she's marketing herself as a hottie Hollywood hardbody, habitually posting bikini pics on Instagram and posing for seductive publicity shots wearing lingerie and come-hither looks.

To be sure, she's won a slew of country music and Billboard awards over the past two decades and has sold tens of millions of records worldwide, including crossover albums in pop, dance and the can't-miss Christmas collections, but she has never equaled the break-out success of her career-making debut.

Second career
    She was, however, able to parlay her early fame into a second career in Hollywood. After moving to Los Angeles with her mother in 1998, she's recorded songs for film soundtracks and has been cast over the years in made-for-TV movies, including one called "Northern Lights," which aired on the Lifetime network in 2009.

On the set of that film, she had a public affair with co-star Eddie Cibrian, breaking up her seven-year marriage to backup dancer Dean Sheremet as well as Cibrian's marriage to "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" reality star Brandi Glanville, mother of Cibrian's two sons. A Twitter battle between the two women ensued, and the tabloid scandal was merciless. The nadir may have come in 2013, when Rimes made Fame10.com's list of "15 Celebrities Who Will Never Make a Comeback in Hollywood."

Reality TV
    After she and Cibrian were married in 2011, she gave up any pretense of a private life three years later, appearing in the short-lived VH1 TV reality series "LeAnn & Eddie," which folded after eight episodes.

"Spitfire," a post-scandal album inspired by the affair, was her worst debut on the charts, selling less than 11,000 copies its first week.

Rimes is now hoping to redeem herself with the EP "Re-Imagined" - new renditions of earlier album tracks, including a duet with Stevie Nicks on "Borrowed," a ballad from "Spitfire" about borrowing another woman's husband.

Rather than give a phone interview for this column, Rimes asked that I send questions via email. But she declined to answer one about whether the fallout from the affair is still dogging her, and another asking if her role as a wife and mother of two stepsons has been fulfilling for her.

Q You shot to stardom at 14 with "Blue." Was it too much too soon?

A It definitely happened fast, and there was a lot of "normal" things that most kids get to experience as a part of growing up that I didn't, and vice versa. But I wouldn't change it because I think everyone has a path and this one was mine. It got overwhelming at times and was a lot for any kid to handle, but here we are and if it weren't for "Blue" my life would be very different. I'm very thankful.

Q On your new album, you've "reimagined" some your earlier songs, like "One Way Ticket." What do you bring to these songs now versus when you first recorded them?

A We re-imagined these songs when we were preparing to go out on our "Remnants" album tour and the response was so positive we wanted to make these songs available to everyone. When I sing them now, they have a whole new meaning. Some of these songs I sang when I was a teenager. I didn't fully understand what I was singing about. Now being older, lyrics like in "One Way Ticket" have a whole new meaning lyrically. Rhythmically it is fun to play with the melody and explore the freedom in the song.

Q Have you ever performed in Marin County before? Do you have friends or relatives in Marin?

A Yes, I have performed here before and have some family and friends in the area. It is always a treat to come back to Marin County to perform or to see friends, in this case I get to do both!

Q You were praised for being a traditional country singer after "Blue" and were compared to Patsy Cline. How have you developed and changed as a singer since then?

A That comparison is such an honor, she has been a huge inspiration to me as a vocalist. I have changed and developed as a singer hopefully with each year and record I have released. While I started out in country, I have made a dance record, a pop record and a soulful album and many others. I make records based on my experiences and what music influences me at the time. I rarely stay in one genre and I enjoy it. I like to keep people guessing about what will come next.

Q What plans do you have for your career in the future?

A Gosh so much! I just released my EP "Re-Imagined" where I got the opportunity to record "Borrowed" with the amazing Stevie Nicks. So, this summer I will be performing songs from that while out on the road and this Christmas I have a movie coming out with Hallmark called "It's Christmas, Eve." Next year hopefully more music. So, there is a lot just in the next year. We will continue to see what evolves.

Contact Paul Liberatore at p.liberatore@comcast.net

If you go
    What: LeAnn Rimes

Where: Marin County Fair Island Stage, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael

When: 7:30 p.m. July 4

Admission: $12 to $50

Information: marinfair.org

^she sure must have got up his nose
    Mrs Fawlty and Wisher like this.

Silver Member

^^^ GREAT post Sunnygirl! This is unbelievably refreshing in the sea of all the usually re-gargled, re-hashed gushing, usually accompanying her appearances, which ALWAYS completely ignores the less than glowing aspects of her career. You don’t even have to read between the lines to get what this interviewer thinks of her. Gotta give Mr. Liberatore some kudos for his big cojones.

“She has never equaled the break-out success of her career-making debut” is sure to cause an authentic screaming avalanche from SOE.

czb

that was a bitchy article. kinda funny.

ok, i gotta say this. almost no one reads the marin IJ. maybe once a year when they post their 'best of' series. it doesn't have the readership of a larger paper like the chron so the reporters can get away with saying more and taking digs. i personally know of a reporter there who took quotes out of a nextdoor thread and made an article around it. pretty much twisted the contents and wrote opinions as fact.

i do know that the beach boys are headlining the marin county fair and reserved tix have been sold out for quite some time. i personally don't know of anyone who is interested in seeing leann.
    Sonia likes this.

Silver Member

^^^heres an article about the 72 yr old award winning reporter. Worked for IJ and 10 yrs at Chronicle. Retired. Now contributes to IJ. I’m guessing he took offense to something.....

Longtime Marin IJ reporter Paul Liberatore retires

Elite Member

Probably the fact that she did not want to do a regular real-time interview. I guess he thought she figured she would avoid questions that she found uncomfortable, no reporter like that

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Probably the fact that she did not want to do a regular real-time interview. I guess he thought she figured she would avoid questions that she found uncomfortable, no reporter like that
    haha, ^ this. Ms. High and Mighty Hasbeen couldn't take 10 minutes out of her busy schedule to talk to the guy on the phone, and then made him email AND ignored the questions she didn't want to answer? When he was writing a fluff piece promoting HER show and giving her free advertisement? I don't blame him for writing a bitchy article, she got the story she deserved. She should be grateful anyone wants to write about her at all. Maybe she still has her head up her ass because Stevie Nicks agreed to duet with her. and she thinks she hit the big time again.
    mostroop, dilligaf, Sonia and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that was a bitchy article. kinda funny.

ok, i gotta say this. almost no one reads the marin IJ. maybe once a year when they post their 'best of' series. it doesn't have the readership of a larger paper like the chron so the reporters can get away with saying more and taking digs. i personally know of a reporter there who took quotes out of a nextdoor thread and made an article around it. pretty much twisted the contents and wrote opinions as fact.

i do know that the beach boys are headlining the marin county fair and reserved tix have been sold out for quite some time. i personally don't know of anyone who is interested in seeing leann.
    I thought you would get a kick out of this article! Lol. I honeslty didnt know the MIJ was still in print. I remembered as a kid driving past the office- I recall it was located right off the 101 South. I remember passing it when we drove to see my grand parents in SF. Sounds like the Beach Boys will get a warm welcome at the fair. I wonder if John Stamos will show up on drums? Let us know. f you hear anything on Falcor's performance. I wonder if she will drag Ed and the boys out there. I saw on Brandi's twitter the boys were flying out to Canada by themselves to visit dad.
    czb likes this.

czb

not sure if i will make it out to the fair. it is usually pretty hot in that area. iand f i do go, i can almost guarantee i won't be seeing leann. i stick to the animal and tech exhibits.

way back in the day, the IJ had 2 offices. the one you mention off of 101, and a smaller office in downtown mill valley. i doubt that the IJ has many readers outside of marin, and it's not like marin is that densely populated. especially when you compare it to the rest of the bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    not sure if i will make it out to the fair. it is usually pretty hot in that area. iand f i do go, i can almost guarantee i won't be seeing leann. i stick to the animal and tech exhibits.

way back in the day, the IJ had 2 offices. the one you mention off of 101, and a smaller office in downtown mill valley. i doubt that the IJ has many readers outside of marin, and it's not like marin is that densely populated. especially when you compare it to the rest of the bay area.
    This past week was the anniversary I saw Falcor at the San Diego fair. We go every year for my birthday and this year she was the free entertainment. I took one for the team and went. Was a big bore fest-low energy and sleepy. Edhole was there and lurking. I lasted 30 minutes.

On the topic of Marin- do you ever go to Nicasio? My grandfather worked in the restaurant biz and two family friends who ran a Marin County French Resaturant called La Chaumiere lived in Nicasio and threw these amazing parties we attended. I loved going there - and Point Reyes.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

czb

i ride my bike through nicasio and pt reyes. my fave place to go is the bovine. yummmm. cowgirl creamery is across the alley and has wonderful sandwiches.

i just spoke with my family at dinner and it sounds like they want to go to the MC fair but i doubt we'll stay to see leann.

which exit was le chaumiere? and when was it open??

Thread Information