View Poll Results: When will this relationship end?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • When the youngest kid is an adult and the bills are paid.

25 53.19%
  • Never. This is true love.

7 14.89%
  • somewhere between the two above

8 17.02%
  • any second now

7 14.89%
Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Like Tree5019Likes

Thread: The Big Fat Time to Get a LifE thread.

Speaking of...I just saw Eddie and Rachel on the ABC local news promoting the show via satellite, so it looks like they're making the rounds. Personally, I thought Eddie seemed uncomfortable and let Rachel do most of the talking. Of course I'm biased because I know way too much about him, but he just seems personality-challenged. I also didn't detect any real chemistry there either. But we'll see how the show does.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ugh, she released a "reimagined" Borrowed. With Stevie Nicks. I love me some Stevie but damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Ugh, she released a "reimagined" Borrowed. With Stevie Nicks. I love me some Stevie but damn...
    Wait. Stevie? My Stevie? JFC. Let me go jump off the nearest cliff.

Of all her songs she chose the Borrowed Dong Song? The one no one bought or cared about except her? How apropos and patheDICK.

Once again Sharty waited to release this to piggy back off someone else. This time it ain’t Brandi so it’s Ed. She figured she would use the publicity of his new show.
    RealisticPerson and Wisher like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Of course blubbering Barrell chimed in. He thinks this will be YUGE. Right.

I’m beyond excited to announce that the last track on the Re-Imagined EP features the incredible @StevieNicks. We had the best time re-recording this in the studio. Head over to @RollingStone for the exclusive first listen to Borrowed (Re-Imagined) (link: https://rol.st/2ylU9j9) rol.st/2ylU9j9

Wow! Are you going to do any limited edition CDs or vinyls of the #reimagined project?

possibly... right now it is only on the digital sites. iTunes Spotify amazon etc.....

10:47 AM · Jun 19, 2018[
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Here’s an excerpt from The Rolling Stones article. I had no clue what a YUGE Falcor fan Stevie was?
    Wow she felt Falcor’s pain singing about missing her HPV infected borrowed Dong.

“Nicks, who refers to the "How Do I Live" singer as "the best I have ever sung with," notes that she chose to record "Borrowed" for Re-Imagined after Rimes sang it on The Tonight Show in 2013.
    "I stopped in my tracks and sat down on the floor and started to cry," the rock icon tells Rolling Stone. "I understood what she was singing about. I understood that the pain was real... and I understood that it had happened to me. When the song ended, I called my assistant to tell her that one day, I would sing this song with LeAnn. It was our destiny."

Nicks, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with her Fleetwood Mac cohorts, says of Rimes as a vocalist, "You can't compete with her; you can only keep up with her. To sing with her is to be blessed. She teaches you; she takes you along for the ride. She takes you on her journey and you arrive a much better singer."

https://www.rollingstone.com/country...agined-w521697

By Stephen L. Betts

7 hours ago
    The day before LeAnn Rimes releases her Re-Imagined EP, a collection putting unique new spins on some of her best-known songs, the country-pop powerhouse unleashes another surprise track from the collection. And this one comes with a bona fide rock superstar attached. Stevie Nicks, whose work as a solo artist ands as a member of Fleetwood Mac have influenced Rimes for decades, joins her on an updated rendition of "Borrowed," a track originally featured on Rimes' brilliant, yet underappreciated, 2013 LP Spitfire.

Written by Rimes with Darrell Brown and Dan Wilson, and produced by Rimes, Brown and Nicks with famed guitarist Waddy Wachtel, this updated version of "Borrowed" finds the two singers sharing melody and harmony, imbuing the tune with emotional depth yet never overpowering each other. The result is a bittersweet country ballad with just a touch of glittering pop-rock magic.
    Nicks, who refers to the "How Do I Live" singer as "the best I have ever sung with," notes that she chose to record "Borrowed" for Re-Imagined after Rimes sang it on The Tonight Show in 2013.
    "I stopped in my tracks and sat down on the floor and started to cry," the rock icon tells Rolling Stone. "I understood what she was singing about. I understood that the pain was real... and I understood that it had happened to me. When the song ended, I called my assistant to tell her that one day, I would sing this song with LeAnn. It was our destiny.

Nicks, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with her Fleetwood Mac cohorts, says of Rimes as a vocalist, "You can't compete with her; you can only keep up with her. To sing with her is to be blessed. She teaches you; she takes you along for the ride. She takes you on her journey and you arrive a much better singer."

"Stevie has been inspiring me as a songwriter and performer since I can remember," adds Rimes. "To know that my music has seeped its way into her heart the way her music has into mine is magical. Connecting with her, not only musically, but on a soul level – understanding what it's like to be a woman with passion, a pen and a desire to tell the most authentic, heartfelt truth through song, has been an experience that's forever left an imprint on my life."

The Re-Imagined EP, also featuring newly crafted versions of such Rimes hits as "Blue," "How Do I Live" and "Can't Fight the Moonlight," is available June 20th.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Ugh, that song is AWFUL. It sounds like Stevie sang the song on her iPhone, sent it to Barrel and he mixed it with the song Falkor recorded originally. With Leann's voice about 10 decibels louder than Stevie. Actually it sounds more like Stevie is listening to the song on iTunes and singing along with it while recording. So bad.

They must both really need the $$$$$$.
    RealisticPerson and Zooyork like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don’t think Stevie is broke but I could be wrong. I saw her last March for Mother’s Day early gift and she rocked the house. She sang for over 2 hours. None of this barefoot reading lyrics on the floor bullshit like Falcor. Chrissie Hynde opened then came out and did Stop Dragging my Heart Around as a duet. Was one of the best rock concerts I ever attended.
    RealisticPerson and Zooyork like this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Chrissie Hynde better not do a duet with LeMann!!!!
    Sunnygirl and Trixie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Silver Member

I’ll never be able to appreciate Stevie in the same way I did before this collaboration. Can’t believe she hitched her train to this loser.

And so much for the “truce” with B. What an ignorant choice of song. Just push the father’s disrespectful behavior towards their mother in those poor kids faces some more Ms Authentic Self. Isn’t there a quote by Her Spiritualness about how Eddie is such a great daddy role model because the boys see how he respects her? Not seeing the authentic need to protect the kids here Wewe.

And the “beyond” is so grating. She is always “beyond” excited. Is she 12?

K I’m done.
    Last edited by Mumbojumbotalk; June 19th, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
    mostroop, rollo, Sonia and 3 others like this.

We had the best time re-recording this in the studio
    WE HAD THE BEST TIME! It was HILARIOUS, we laughed SO much.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Eddie is dumb as rocks
    RealisticPerson and Wisher like this.

How soon before Falcor is caught wearing this same rose colored top, with her cut-offs sporting her man bun?

RealisticPerson likes this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Take a look at this load of horse shit.

don't believe for a minute Keith Urban care about Wewe.A big fat rat named Barrell.Dude is calling in all favors.It's not going to work bcthis would be bomb if you had Cher, Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion join in.Are you going to claim Jake was singing this like before?

RealisticPerson likes this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Silver Member

^^^Dan Wilson made the above quoted little comment on Twitter about Co-writing “Borowed”. I wondered who he was because I always thought LR and DB wrote it. So I looked it up
    The same article cited belowquotes LR explanation of the creation of the song, which she gave to Katie Couric. .

"I carried the title around with me for about eight months, because I was so unsure of how to write it without offending anyone," Rimes told journalist Katie Couric of the song. "I had to be so honest in order to write it... I call myself 'pathetic' in the song because that's exactly the way I felt. It was just a pathetic situation. It's like, 'LeAnn, how did you get yourself into the situation?' Then there's this other side of me going, 'I love this man with all my heart and he loves me, and this is so complicated.'"

Borrowed by LeAnn Rimes Songfacts

From Songfacts.com about “Borrowed”

“Rimes wrote this song with her producer, Darrell Brown, and the songwriter Dan Wilson, best known as lead singer of Semisonic and co-writer of Adele's hit "Someone Like You." He wrote about the song in a book to accompany his 2017 album Re-Covered, on which he recorded a new version: "We got together at LeAnn's place. She has a piano in her living room and some comfortable chairs and couches. I brought my guitar. That's all you'd ever need. We had a very funny and also poignant conversation before we started writing.

LeAnn had began her career at a very young age and had grown into full-fledged pop stardom with grace. But now she was dealing with a lot of public controversy around her recent divorce and remarriage, and the collision of public life and private love is not easy. Lyrically, I like to go for the sore spot in a songwriting session. So it seemed like we had our subject matter. But then LeAnn said something really sweet and beautiful about kids. She was talking about her stepkids and saying, 'I can't think of them as mine, only borrowed.' Almost as if they're on loan from God or nature. That idea really struck me: you don't own people in your life, you're just borrowing them. It's a temporary arrangement." “

Seems to me that Dan is making the point that HE came up with the “Borrowed”.

By posting on Twitter,he at least forced LR’s to acknowledge him! Funny howMs Creative rarely is the first to bring up the fact that others may be behind her work...Ie Brandi Carlile anyone.

But the best part of this quote is. “ He wrote about the song in a book to accompany his 2017 album Re-Covered, on which he recorded a new version“.
    So did Wewe steal Re-Imagined from his Re-Covered?????

Read this article for more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...202509330/amp/

And you can listen to HIS “re-covered”version of “Borrowed” (2017) and compare it to LR “re-imagined” version (2018) on You Tube (sorry, for some reason Icantcopy link).

WeAnn proves herself to be such an inventive revolutionary creative genius again folks!!!!

Thread Information