View Poll Results: When will this relationship end?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • When the youngest kid is an adult and the bills are paid.

25 53.19%
  • Never. This is true love.

7 14.89%
  • somewhere between the two above

8 17.02%
  • any second now

7 14.89%
Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1706
Like Tree5019Likes

Thread: The Big Fat Time to Get a LifE thread.

Bronze Member

Up to her old tricks I see:

LeAnn Rimes Live at Paramount Theatre in Anderson - POSTPONED. UPDATE 4/3/2019: This event has been postponed until July 26. See Web site

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by allyfan View Post
    Up to her old tricks I see:

LeAnn Rimes Live at Paramount Theatre in Anderson - POSTPONED. UPDATE 4/3/2019: This event has been postponed until July 26. See Web site
    Bunch of BS

Honoring Truth

by ForEver Le

I’m gonna lay it out there. I have been feeling seriously sad and unmotivated. My body is dragging, my mind is scattered. I’ve been moving from one horizontal position to another. Utterly engulfed in heartache from the tragic loss of our family dog, who was much more than just a dog to us. She was a joyful, loving presence, one we treasured even more deeply than we already knew.
    No one can really warn you about grief. Everyone has their own unique dance with her. She spun me around until I couldn’t stand or eat for a few days and then she began doing the tidal wave on me, bringing me to my knees, unable to ignore the hole in my heart at the most inopportune moments.
    Most of my life, I didn’t have time to grieve. I had to get on the next plane or bus ride to the next show, in order to put a smile on my face and perform for thousands of people. I’ve long locked grief inside the crevices of my soul case, yet never knowing it was grief I had locked away until I actually allowed myself to feel it this time around. In feeling it, I realized that I had just allowed for the dam inside to break open. The grief that is present now, feels both current and ancient. Of course, I’m still grieving the loss of our beloved Eveie, but there’s so much more than that, that has been rising. Which lead me to exploring just what “that” might be.
    I began to think back to all the losses of my life, from the deaths of loved ones to divorce, my parents and my own. I realized that I have experienced a lot of loss in my 36 years. Loss that I never processed. Loss that I’m still carrying deep in my bones.
    We live in a world where we’ve never been taught to take time and nurture our emotional landscape. To honor and respect our emotions as messengers of our truth. We are constantly fed this idea that we are supposed to be happy all of the time and if we aren’t, there is something wrong with us. And God forbid we take longer than a few weeks or months to get over the loss of someone or something dear to us. We must pick ourselves up and get on with life because we must achieve, we must get back to happy as soon as possible.
    NO! This is not how it is nor how it has to be. We were created to feel the full spectrum of the human experience. When we rush through these moments of our lives, important moments, rights of passage, we miss the gifts, teachings and wisdom that are ours to carry with us out of the darkness.
    During the loss of our dog, I found myself saying “I should be over this” after two weeks. Thankfully, I have cultivated enough self compassion and LovE for my own sensitive heart to quiet that voice, give myself the space to feel and re-examine my programming around the idea of how much time is acceptable and “right” to feel… all of it! I am the one, now teaching myself how to feel the totality of my emotional range. How to sit with discomfort and LovE myself through it instead of running away or numbing it out. I’m teaching myself how to honor my truth and beautiful souls, it’s not an easy feat.
    Honoring my truth has looked like more rest, crying whenever needed, voicing my sadness and internal experience to those whom I trust, taking turns with my husband holding one another and allowing the other to sob, rescheduling commitments, telling people I love them, but I don’t feel like talking at the moment, writing only when I felt ready, instead of worrying that March may get away from me and I must get my newsletter out. Though, there’s one piece of my truth puzzle that I am still working on completely honoring and that is my anger.
    It has surprised me how much anger exists along side of grief, at least in my experience and I know I’m not alone. Anger has been an emotion I have been fearful of my entire life. Growing up in a home where anger was unhealthily expressed, I shut down my own anger in order not to upset anyone, in fear of that anger being turned on me. My little mind filed anger away as a very dangerous, shameful emotion, not to be expressed. I grew up completely out of touch with my anger and in fear of anyone else’s. Only recently, have I been able to access my anger in a healthier way. Beginning with, actually acknowledging its existence and then, working on baby steps of taking action to express it in a productive manner, instead of turning it inward on myself. I’m not there yet, but I’m getting warmer. One vulnerable moment and 10 seconds of courage at a time.
    So, are you honoring your truth?
    What part of your emotional experience do you try and force down or numb out?
    What beliefs are holding you back from expressing the full range of your emotions?
    What’s one small step you can take in honoring your truth right now?
    What’s one area of your life where you can practice courage in expressing an emotion you have yet to express?

I see you all.
    I understand.
    I LovE you.

Not going through all that word salad but, surprise, it's all about her and HER TRUTH like it's been for zillions of years and I guess piggybacking onto the mental health fashion (as in fashion for celebs) whilst failing to remember she's all about how HAPPEE she is with HER MAN makes sense in her own addled mind. Of course it's sad about her dog but it doesn't require a mememe episode which must have taken her hours to write when she could have been performing!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

So, is she sick (voice loss) as she claims, or grief stricken?

Oh, her grief about her divorce, that she caused, give me a break! Her only regret is that Brandi didn't just roll over and play dead, and she had the nerve to express her grief/anger/loss over her divorce.
    Take a seat leann

"Most of my life, I didn’t have time to grieve. I had to get on the next plane or bus ride to the next show, in order to put a smile on my face and perform for thousands of people."

Thousands of people, try a couple of hundred. And she cancels more shows than she actually shows up for. If she didn't have time to grieve it was because she was too busy being on Dick Duty.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Neither. She's lazy and doesn't want to work. And that's perfectly fine. Don't work if you don't want to, but stop booking gigs you have no intention of playing. Own it and stop lying about it. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post

Oh, her grief about her divorce, that she caused, give me a break! Her only regret is that Brandi didn't just roll over and play dead, and she had the nerve to express her grief/anger/loss over her divorce.
    Take a seat leann
    Who knows...she cancelled a few shows right after the dog died, but it's been a few months I think. They already got a new dog.

As for her loss and grief over the divorce(s) what about the loss, grief and anger she and Eddie caused his sons when they broke up their family and threw them into all the ensuing drama?

And it's "rites" of passage, not "rights" you dumbass. And enough with the "LovE" shit already.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, I actually took the time to read all that. It was a lot of words when fewer would have done the job. You're in an emotional rut. Just get to the point, and stop waxing on about how unique and special your upbringing and life experiences are/were, because they're not that unique or special. Everybody's got shit. There's a lot worse shit to be going through than what you are. She seems to think she's this deep, complicated person who's been taken advantage of most of her life, when in reality she's brought most of her misfortune on herself. She seems like the most self-involved person ever. Whatever. I'm in a mood and haven't had my coffee yet. I haven't heard anything about her in ages, and for some reason that word salad irked me.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

While I'm sorry that she lost her dog, the truth of the matter is everyone experiences loss and the majority don't get to lay about navel gazing. We have lives that DEMAND that we keep going, keep dealing with the banalities, the practicalities.

In the last twelve months I have lost someone I thought of as a surrogate father after a tortuous battle to try and help them. I've lost a sixteen year old cat that I damn near hand raised. My stepdad's physical and mental health is rapidly deteriorating, my mother is developing heart issues on top of her crippling arthritis and my MIL has been diagnosed with a terminal lung condition. I've been dealing with ongoing pain and health issues and the worry that comes from a minor heart issue of my own and my partner has been taking a battering from that black dog of depression.

But every day I still get out of bed. I still take care of what needs to be taken care of and WHO needs to be taken care of. And I still laugh, I still smile, I still take pleasure where I can, whether from an unexpected gift from himself or seeing the first butterfly of the year flitting around my yard.

Because that's what normal people do every damn day without expecting a pat on the back for it, you self absorbed cunt.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

I’m thinking she saw Britney Spears is getting help for her mental health, so she’s jumping on that bandwagon.
    Kittylady, LameAnn, rollo and 3 others like this.

My dog passed away in March. We'd been together for almost fifteen years, his entire life. In all those years, the only time we were ever apart was the few days I was away in the US getting married. We were like the Paul and Linda McCartney of the pet world. He was the best friend I ever had and I was heartbroken when he left me. I actually got sympathy cards in the mail. That's how much people knew I loved that dog. But I still went to work. I can be just as sad there as I can at home. And it's a good thing to get out of the house and do something. The distraction is a bit of a relief.

I just want to make clear that when I said that there's a lot worse shit to be going through, I wasn't referring to the loss of her dog. My cats are my babies (and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about that) and they are far more than 'pets' to me. Last year I lost my two sweet boys within 9 months of each other. It helps when I look at pics of them, and I keep their ashes on my mantle. Plus I've got my calico girl and my sisters handsome 14 year old tabby that I took in since her daughter is allergic to cats. What I was referring to with her, is this belief that she's been done so wrong all her life. She's endlessly sitting around analyzing herself and her life.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Silver Member puravidacostarica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I just want to make clear that when I said that there's a lot worse shit to be going through, I wasn't referring to the loss of her dog. My cats are my babies (and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about that) and they are far more than 'pets' to me. Last year I lost my two sweet boys within 9 months of each other. It helps when I look at pics of them, and I keep their ashes on my mantle. Plus I've got my calico girl and my sisters handsome 14 year old tabby that I took in since her daughter is allergic to cats. What I was referring to with her, is this belief that she's been done so wrong all her life. She's endlessly sitting around analyzing herself and her life.
    Yes, I agree. It is the massive, ever-present self absorption. And the fact that she is so unaware of what a twat she is also irks me.
    Kittylady, rollo, mostroop and 3 others like this.
    (Upon seeing a former lover for the first time in years) "I thought I told you to wait in the car." - Tallulah Bankhead

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I’m thinking she saw Britney Spears is getting help for her mental health, so she’s jumping on that bandwagon.
    It honestly wouldn't surprise me.
    SHELLEE and RealisticPerson like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Silver Member

I'm gagging with that overblown post by someone who works part-time, at best, but pretends she is always on a real tour. We lost two beloved pets, senior, longtime pets, several months apart, and the heartbreak was overwhelming. I still think about my "children" constantly. I worked every day. And she throws out about the grief of divorce? LOL She was on cloud 9 during her affair and very busy with her obsession with Eddie and obsession with his ex-wife to worry about the ex she was and did toss aside. And when does she ever post about her father or mom or make much of an effort to see them?

You want to see a man who is living and breathing grief and got up every day to work, read an interview filled with grace and sadness. Reading his tweets about his little boy and his love for him about put me over the edge with tears this past year.

Rob Delaney of the amazing Amazon Prime series "Castrophe," he and Sharon Corgan co-wrote and acted in, touched on the hell he was going through during the last season before. He's talked about it before.

Interview:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/rob-...e-profile.html

• TWEETS LAST YEAR:

Our first Christmas without Henry came & went. The day itself was okay, maybe because there were so many horrible, painful days leading up to it; we must have hit our quota or something. We talked about him a lot & included his memory throughout the day.

1,423 replies1,346 retweets64,087 likes
      Retweet

• rob delaneyVerified account @robdelaney 26 Dec 2018More

I speak publicly about Henry in an effort to destigmatize grief. My family is sad & in pain because our beautiful 2 yr old boy died after a long illness. Why wouldn’t we be sad? Why wouldn’t we be angry and confused?

194 replies460 retweets20,756 likes
      Retweet

rob delaneyVerified account @robdelaneyFollowFollow
    @robdelaney

More

Tweets like this aren’t therapeutic to me, nor are they “updates”. I just want other bereaved parents & siblings to feel seen/heard/respected/loved. And maybe they might help someone not schooled in grief support a friend better. I don’t know.

9:02 AM - 26 Dec 2018

• 445 Retweets
    • 24,462 Likes

335 replies445 retweets24,462 likes
    Retweet

Last edited by LameAnn; April 7th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

Thread Information