Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree593Likes

Thread: What celebs have you seen?

Talking What celebs have you seen?

What celebs have you seen in person? Seen Brad Pitt at the grocery store? Bumped into Julia Roberts in the mall? Tell us about your celebrity encounters

Ive seen a bunch and I STILL get star stuck

I saw Rob Lowe while I was having lunch at this great deli on Rodeo...he has hips like a chick, is short, but has the same face he has on screen

Billy Joel- so short

Dennis Miller- looks like a college professor, VERY short

Kobe Bryant- hornball, and looks exactly as he does on TV

HMMM ill think of some more randoms

OH WAIT! Anna Kounikova...I have the BEST story about her too...I saw her about 3-4 years ago right when she and Enrique were first rumored to be together

I was at a hair salon and it was winter time so a lot of people had jackets. So she walks in with some other woman and starts browsing products. She was totally incognito, she had her signature hair in a pony tail tucked into her coat, with a hat and sunglasses. I dont think anyone knew it was her, but really no one cared bc shes no A-lister and wasnt al that famous at that time either. She mustve started to get annoyed that no one was paying any attention to her-- but to be honest, all the clients at the salon were pretty much focused on themselves and the hair dressers were busy focusing on their clients...so she starts looking around and whips out her pony tail from under her coat and puts it over her coat. She takes off her hat and her glasses. She waits maybe a minute or 2. No one pays any attention, they just sort of figure shes a patron checking out products. THEN she gets on her cell phone...and is talking sooooo LOUD, I think hopeing people would recognize her by her accent, and shes just insisting (or faking?) to "someone" on the phone "tell them NO! I am NOT dating ENRRRRIIIIIIIQQUUUEEEEEEE, I DONT want that in the magazine TELL THEM NO!!"

lolololol it was hilarious, she was dying for some attention/recognition and NO ONE even noticed, it mustve been some sort of karma. I actually felt bad for her.
    Last edited by Femmefatale; September 27th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Silver Member

David Crosby--huge paunch with blotchy skin. His beard and mustache were kinda crummy.

Tori Amos--very little. She was a bit heavier than she is now (10 years later). Pretty and extremely sweet.

Those are my two more notable encounters.

I don't even question that story about kournikova because she thinks she's the hottest shit around. You shoulda bitch slapped her!
    Last edited by Mavado; September 27th, 2006 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    Ive seen a bunch and I STILL get star stuck

I saw Rob Lowe while I was having lunch at this great deli on Rodeo...he has hips like a chick, is short, but has the same face he has on screen

Billy Joel- so short

Dennis Miller- looks like a college professor, VERY short

Kobe Bryant- hornball, and looks exactly as he does on TV

HMMM ill think of some more randoms

OH WAIT! Anna Kounikova...I have the BEST story about her too...I saw her about 3-4 years ago right when she and Enrique were first rumored to be together

I was at a hair salon and it was winter time so a lot of people had jackets. So she walks in with some other woman and starts browsing products. She was totally incognito, she had her signature hair in a pony tail tucked into her coat, with a hat and sunglasses. I dont think anyone knew it was her, but really no one cared bc shes no A-lister and wasnt al that famous at that time either. She mustve started to get annoyed that no one was paying any attention to her-- but to be honest, all the clients at the salon were pretty much focused on themselves and the hair dressers were busy focusing on their clients...so she starts looking around and whips out her pony tail from under her coat and puts it over her coat. She takes off her hat and her glasses. She waits maybe a minute or 2. No one pays any attention, they just sort of figure shes a patron checking out products. THEN she gets on her cell phone...and is talking sooooo LOUD, I think hopeing people would recognize her by her accent, and shes just insisting (or faking?) to "someone" on the phone "tell them NO! I am NOT dating ENRRRRIIIIIIIQQUUUEEEEEEE, I DONT want that in the magazine TELL THEM NO!!"

lolololol it was hilarious, she was dying for some attention/recognition and NO ONE even noticed, it mustve been some sort of karma. I actually felt bad for her.

HAHA that's great!

In Philly where i've lived for the past 7 years, I saw Bruce Willis at the premire for The Sixth Sense. (1999?)Got to shake his hand. He is very attractive in person and his hands were very soft. I also saw the other cast members, but didn't come in close contact as Bruce.

In Columbus, Ohio where I'm from, I used to work at a Halloween shop, about 10 years ago. Rob Schnider walked in. He's very short, like 5'5". Very quiet and laid back. I asked him what he was doing in Columbus, he said just visiting friends.

Saw Alicia Keys at the Newark International Airport. She didn't want to be bothered. Just acted like she was on her cell phone, and stood back in her corner. My limo driver asked her bodyguard if she was signing autographs. he said no, this is her "off" time. Still took her picture though...

Elite Member

Oh gosh, I've seen a few...I know I posted this before. I'm too lazy to type it all out now. My cousin used to work for Warner Brothers studio (in their accounting dept) so she would get free passes to stuff.

But speaking of celebrities, next month I have tickets to see the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. A few nights later I'm going to The Jerry Kimmel show too. It's my birthday and my family is taking me to J.Lo's restaurant in Pasadena for dinner after that. I'll see if by chance I happen to see more celebrities that week...I'll keep you posted...lol

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    My limo driver asked her bodyguard if she was signing autographs. he said no, this is her "off" time. Still took her picture though...

You have a limo driver? that's nuts! hook me up lol

Sam Donaldson - Dulles Airport
    Patrick Swayze - this was in 1988 after Dirty Dancing came out I worked at a photo place in a mall he came in to get pics developed of his horse. He talked to us, my manager and me, for a good 30 minutes. Got an autograph
    Paul Williams - 70's singer
    Mark Mosley - kicker for the Washington Redskins in the 80's. He lived next door to my grandparents
    Craig Biggio - plays for the Houston Astros, met him at a resturant in the Galleria area last year after World Series. My husband about died.
    Toby Keith - country singer. He is from my hometown of Moore. They dedicated a street to him and got to meet him. Big down to earth guy.
    Vince Gill - country singer. my mom's friend of 30 yrs her daughter went to school with Vince and he was in OKC for their class reunion. I was invited over by my mom's friend to meet him. He has the longest eyelashes and bluest eye I have ever seen. Really really nice guy.
    Barbara Bush - met her at a Astro's baseball game a couple of weeks ago. I didnt know it was her to be honest until my son said "do you know who you said excuse me to?". I said excuse me cause I couldnt get past her to sit down and she was up by the pressbox or where the announcers announce. She said "oh im sorry dear" I said "oh its ok" and she asked me how I was liking the game. Said love it better if they win. Her and Daddy Bush sit right behind home plate but I guess she wanted to walk around. Yes there were like 3 secret service dudes that I could tell near her.
    Charlie Sheen - how could I forget this one. He was filming a movie here in Houston like in 1991/92. He came into a IHOP and was very loud.
    Casper Weinberger - Grocery store in 1986. This was when my grandmother passed away. You would have thought it was Elvis the way my dad was acting. I could have cared less.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Ryan Reynolds - at a club (Au Bar), I think he's from Vancouver?

Julia Stiles -shooting a movie here in Van, she's ugly in person and was wearing some ugly boots too.

Jerry O'connelle - met him twice on the same day. First at a drugstore and later on at a bar (Crime Lab in Coal Harbour, it's gone now though). He had 4 ladies with him. Me and my friends started giggling at him cuz I was telling them that he was the chubby kid from Stand By Me and they left soon after that.

Dudes from Soul Decision, one guy at Au Bar and the other guy on Robson shopping.
    Last edited by moomies; September 28th, 2006 at 12:20 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Ashton Kutcher, Looks the same as he does on TV.
    Martin Sheen, short guy.
    Dan Hampton, '85 Chicago Bears, He's HUGE. Like 6'5", really wide, and broad up top, small waist. Tans too much. His face is starting to look like a football. Real stiff. I think he has joint pain from his football days. Very nice man.
    Rob Reiner, tall, looks like he does on TV.
    Bryan Datillo, Lucas on DOOL, short, like 5'6". Very nice and personable. He's all about the fans.
    Bill Clinton in '93. All I remember is he has really big hands!!

Default Gene Hackman

Ran into Gene Hackman - literally - at the Cherry Creek Mall in Denver before Christmas some years ago. It was cold out and I was rushing in as he was coming out and bumped into him at the door. I nearly knocked him over. He was wearing a baseball cap and didn't seem like a celeb. I stammered and said something inane like "Aren't you ...?" and he laughed and nodded. He was very polite!!

Elite Member

Rod Stewart - when I vacationed years ago in LA. Love him!
    Kenny Rogers - Jerk! Wouldn't give an autograph. Denied he was KR.
    Wayne Gretzky - when I was 13. Very handsome in his younger days and incredibly modest.
    Sidney Crosby - 18 year old NHL hockey phenomenon. Shy, extremely down to earth, good looking kid. Hangs out here in his neighborhood on his offtime and plays street hockey with the little kids.
    Ed Robertson (Bare Naked Ladies). Lives across the street from a relative of mine
    Michael Buble - beautiful, but knows it. Extremely charming and flirtatious
    JD Fortune (INXS) - from my hometown. Drop dead gorgeous!! Pics never do him justice..and tall...incredibly charming and nice too.....keeps you in stitches.
    Kalan Porter (former Canadian Idol) - beautiful, adorable, sweet, shy though not as naive as you'd expect.
    George Canyon (country singer) - from my hometown. Sweet, down to earth. What you see is what you get.

I met Gloria Steinem at a college lecture. She was very sweet and pretty and let me hug her. And she hugged me back, too.

I ran into Bill Clinton a few times when he was Governor of Arkansas. I think I've mentioned this before. He looked pretty much the way he does on TV, except he didn't have white hair back then. He was warm and friendly, a real people person.

I chatted with Peter McNicol (I didn't tell him about Sophie's Choice getting me all suicidal) and Christopher Reeve (he was behind me in the buffet line) at an English Speaking Union event in NYC when I was 17. Brian Dennehy came into a bookstore I worked at as a teenager. He told me I was "mentally ill" for dieting when I was so thin. I have been inches away from Bernadette Peters. She came to speak at my high school and I was standing by my locker when she walked in... what a flawless woman. Seemed short. I was a few feet away from HRH Prince Edward at Neiman Marcus in Dallas. Aloof. No surprises there. I met Tom Clancy in college when he came to speak at the Political Union. We hosted the reception after.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information