Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By Nevan
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By spiderpig
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By louiswinthorpe111
  • 1 Post By lindsaywhit

Thread: Where Is Peter Fonda’s Daughter Bridget Fonda Now?

Default Where Is Peter Fonda’s Daughter Bridget Fonda Now?

As the world mourns the heartbreaking news of Hollywood legend Peter Fonda’s death, fans can’t help but also wonder about the rest of his famous family. The son of veteran actor Henry Fonda, the younger brother of actress Jane Fonda, the thrice-married star had two children with first wife Susan Brewer, Justin and Bridget Fonda, the latter of whom initially followed in her father’s acting footsteps.

Born in Los Angeles on January 27, 1964, Bridget Jane Fonda was a Hollywood legacy, and her decision to become an actress seemed only natural. She first appeared on screen at the age of 5 in her father’s Oscar nominated film Easy Rider, but she didn’t break out into the industry until after studying drama at the Lee Strasburg Theater Institute, and graduating from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts in 1986.

Her first movie role was in Aria, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 1987, after which Bridget never stopped working steadily. She appeared in The Godfather III, Doc Hollywood, and Roger Corman’s Frankenstein Unbound. After her starring role in Single White Female, Bridget was officially named Hollywood’s new “It” girl.

She starred with Nic Cage in the beloved romantic comedy It Could Happen to You, Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown in 1997, and thriller Lake Placid in 1999. Bridget earned an Emmy nomination for her role in the TV Movie Into the Gloaming and a Golden Globe nomination for 2001’s No Ordinary Baby.

While Bridget turned down the TV role of Ally McBeal, which went to actress Calista Flockhart, she continued to appear in numerous films a year, and starred as Stephanie Furst on The Chris Isaak Show in 2002. The same year, she play the titular role in the TV movie Snow Queen, which turned out to be the last acting role she ever did. She was 38.

Following a break-up with boyfriend of 8 years, actor Eric Stoltz, she got into car accident in 2003, which left her with a broken vertebrae. She was originally cast as a recurring character on the TV series The Practice, but after crashing her Jaguar in Beverly Hills, she was replaced by actress Teri Polo. One week later, Bridget announced that she was engaged to former Oingo Boingo frontman and movie composer extraordinaire, Danny Elfman.

Bridget easily settled into married life, and further separated herself from the limelight. Their wedding took place on November 23, 2003, where Peter Fonda walked his daughter down the aisle at Los Angeles’ First Congregational Church, as a 20-piece choir sang. Afterward, they hosted a reception at Cicada restaurant.

While her husband continues to work in the industry, Elfman’s the genius behind the music for Men in Black, Coraline, Notorious, Spiderman, Beetlejuice, etc., and continues to be the go-to composer in Hollywood, she rarely accompanies him to red carpet events and film premieres.

In 2005, Danny and Bridget welcomed a son, Oliver, who’s now 14-years-old. She’s also the stepmother to Elfman’s daughters from a previous relationship, Mali,35. and Lola, 40. In 2015, Bridget, 55, and Elfman, 66, purchased a $3.6 million “fixer upper” home near Hancock Park.

She continues to stay away from Hollywood, and away from social media, she has neither a Facebook or Instagram account. After her father’s passing, Peter died at the age of 79 on August 16, the Fonda family released the following statement via People:

“It is with deep sorrow that we share the news that Peter Fonda has passed away. [Peter] passed away peacefully on Friday morning, August 16 at 11:05 a.m. at his home in Los Angeles surrounded by family. The official cause of death was respiratory failure due to lung cancer. In one of the saddest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our hearts. As we grieve, we ask that you respect our privacy. And, while we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life. In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom.”
    https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/08/peter-fonda-daughter-bridget-fonda-now-2019/

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Damn I didn't know she was married to Danny Elfman. Hm. Maybe she just doesn't like doing the Hollywood thing and prefers to raise her family quietly instead? I dunno.

Wait, they're not $cientologists, are they? I might just be thinking of Jenna Elfman.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

It's Jenna Elfman that's the scientologist...and her husband Bodhi.

Bodhi Elfman, Scientology celebrity

Current lifetime: Born July 19, 1969 in Los Angeles
    Most famous for: Being married to actress Jenna Elfman, and also some minor acting roles
    Joined Scientology: Raised in it by father Richard Elfman, who helped found the circus-and-music act Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo, which Richard later turned over to his younger brother, Danny Elfman, who is not a Scientologist
    Fun Scientology completion: OT 5, 2004

Bodhi shattering suppression: In 2013, when his good friend Paul McDaniel dared to “like” something about Leah Remini on Facebook, Bodhi sent him a stern disconnection letter, cutting McDaniel out of his life permanently: “After some time to think things over, I don’t really think we need another conversation. Here are my thoughts. You wrote and spoke quite a bit about how you are powers for good, only want to help people and be a good guy. I’m glad you feel this way, though I’m sorry to say your actions are contrary…. I would rather not associate with those who support ‘whistle blowing’ or investigations outside of HCO/proper channels, or criticisms of Scientology or with someone who avoids auditing.”

Says our Celebrity Centre source: “He is treated as a big celeb because of Jenna. He and Jenna tried to create a large YouYube following. They failed miserably, as with most Scientologists they lack a real connection with anybody but other members of their church.”
    Danny Elfman claims he's an atheist, but according to the article, he and Bridget were married in a Christian church, so I don't know.

I feel like CDAN has written some blinds about Danny being controlling, but I can't remember all the gossip surrounding that and the blinds are probably garbage anyway.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Danny's older brother is Richard Elfman, who is father to Bodhi Elfman. Bodhi is married to Jenna Elfman. Richard, Bodhi and Jenna are all Scientologists, but 99% of the internet refutes that Danny is a Scientologist.

*** I owe you a Coke, Waterslide. I was reading about Danny and didn't refresh before I posted. I've read that Danny is an atheist, but he has said himself that he's not and believes in "Dog". He has stated that he doesn't believe in life after death, but hopes there is a heaven and hell. I don't know, he seems to be a strange cookie.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Danny's older brother is Richard Elfman, who is father to Bodhi Elfman. Bodhi is married to Jenna Elfman. Richard, Bodhi and Jenna are all Scientologists, but 99% of the internet refutes that Danny is a Scientologist.

*** I owe you a Coke, Waterslide. I was reading about Danny and didn't refresh before I posted. I've read that Danny is an atheist, but he has said himself that he's not and believes in "Dog". He has stated that he doesn't believe in life after death, but hopes there is a heaven and hell. I don't know, he seems to be a strange cookie.
    Oh, I love Coke! But yeah, he does seem to be a strange cookie (but I love Oingo Boingo). I was genuinely confused about whether Danny was raised as a $cibot since his father is one and whether he just left the religion or what.
    Last edited by Waterslide; September 12th, 2019 at 11:42 PM.
    Nevan likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Board ate my post.

Were Danny and Richard born into the cult? I thought Richard got sucked in as an adult.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeah, that sounds hinky without knowing more details.

But even without the scientology, the controlling part sounds really ominous and would explain why she hasn't been seen.

Yeah, I tried googling that and I don't know. It's very unclear to me whether Danny was born into the cult.

I'm so confused with this family tree.

Whatever his background, Danny is an awesome composer. He can do funky twang like the fabulous Midnight Run and then turn on a dime to the kinetic action hero theme of Batman (Michael Keaton remains the best BM after 30 years, and I love Christian Bale).
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yeah, I tried googling that and I don't know. It's very unclear to me whether Danny was born into the cult.

I'm so confused with this family tree.
    Wiki says
    Elfman has been an atheist since the age of 11 or 12. According to him, he is a cynicologist.[40]Describing his politics during the 1980s, Elfman said, "I'm not a doomist. My attitude is always to be critical of what's around you, but not ever to forget how lucky we are. I've traveled around the world. I left thinking I was a revolutionary. I came back real right-wingpatriotic. Since then, I've kind of mellowed in between."[41] In 2008, he expressed support for Barack Obama and said that Sarah Palinwas his "worst nightmare"”

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wiki says
    Elfman has been an atheist since the age of 11 or 12. According to him, he is a cynicologist.[40]Describing his politics during the 1980s, Elfman said, "I'm not a doomist. My attitude is always to be critical of what's around you, but not ever to forget how lucky we are. I've traveled around the world. I left thinking I was a revolutionary. I came back real right-wingpatriotic. Since then, I've kind of mellowed in between."[41] In 2008, he expressed support for Barack Obama and said that Sarah Palinwas his "worst nightmare"”
    Seems he has some sorts of sense....
    Novice and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^^LOL, just what I was thinking.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Thread Information