Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The wit and wisdom of Kanye West

Default The wit and wisdom of Kanye West

There's just too much material here! And this is just a bit of it.
    ------------------------

"I wanted [Bound 2] to look as phony as possible. I wanted the cloud to go in one direction, the mountains to go in one direction, the horses to go over there. 'Cause I want to show you that this is the Hunger Games. I want to show you that this is the type of imagery that has been presented to all of us, and the only difference is a black dude in the middle of it."

“If it’s for myself, I would have been cool just sitting in Nike not getting no royalties," he said. "Letting people line up for the Yeezys and not—you know. When I’m having negotiations and then I go and look in my daughter’s eyes...when I go and negotiate after that I’m like ‘Oh y’all ain’t finna talk to me like that. We finna get this money right.’”

“Even like the Confederate flag, it’s not even a statement about racism. It’s a statement that you can do what you want. You can take what you want. You can say what you want. Just like when we say the n-word on the radio, but just like that you can take anything. Anything can be yours. So, with the mask it’s the opportunity for me to even like turn up on a performance because I don’t have to be self-conscious about ‘Did I get a haircut? Did I get this?’

"I was made for this moment. What happened was while I was out in Paris I wanted to meet with the head of Louis Vuitton, he said I don't understand why we need to meet with you."I said, 'let me explain to you why you need to meet with me.'
    "Everybody in New York City right now don't buy any Louis Vuitton until after January.
    'Now do you want to meet with me? Now do you want to meet with me? Influence. They think that I don't realise my power."

"The reason Obama mentioned our name is cause we're most relevant…Obama was supposed to be the coolest person on the planet. Now he's gotta say our names in order to be cool."

"I've gotta get my money up to another level cause it ain't on Jay Z level, it ain't on Diddy level yet," West said on Martinez's show. "I'm talking about economic empowerment because the economics give you choices, the choices can help give you joy and freedom. And I'm trying to find that joy."

"Our love story is like a love story for the ages," he said of their relationship. "I felt like when we first got together it was like a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing, where it's like she's a reality star and I'm a rapper and people talk about how our brands connect and what doesn't fit. I'm just so tired of the conversation of brands. Why don't we start a conversation with love? Why don't we start the conversation with God? Why don't we start the conversation with family instead? It's not about branding at a certain point…It's like kind of funny when people say, 'That was kind of weird y'all as a couple'

"OK, ladies and gentlemen, all barbershops, fashion designers, architects, corner stores, Wall Street, all over the world: Y'all acting like this ain't the most beautiful woman of all time…I'm talking about like arguably of human existence, the top 10, of human existence. I don't give a f--- what type of jacket she got on."

"My girl set me up with a meeting with Deepak Chopra," he explained. "I said, 'Babe, you know what calms me down the most: success. You can't meditate me out of my ideas! You can't sedate me. What calms me down is success.' "

"I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh. Walt Disney, Nike, Google -- now who's going to be the Medici family and stand up and let me create more or do you want to marginalize me until I'm out of my moment…I'm going to be the first straight, hip-hop, loud celebrity, non-etiquette having, black out all the time, fresh ass, super-tasteful designer of all time. I'm going to be theTupac of clothing."

"They let me design two shoes over five years and I'm happy that I could design 'em, but they ain't do me no favor cause Eminem designed a shoe and Pharrell [Williams] designed a shoe…You ain't never felt about a shoe the way people feel about the Jordans since the Yeezys…I put that feeling there…I said, 'I need some royalties.' Nike said, 'We can't give you royalties because you're not a professional athlete.' I told them, 'I go to the Garden and play one-on-no-one. I'm a performance athlete.' "

"I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart."

'I talked to the head of Disney today,' West sang. 'And I talked to the head of Louis Vuitton today. I swear to God on my life, I talked to them both today. I swear to God I talked to them both, and they wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. I said, "I want to talk about something that isn't turkey day. I want to talk about something different. I want to talk about dreaming."

“I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle”

"I’m like a vessel, and God has chosen me to be the voice and the connector"

"I was wearing like, a Juicy Couture men’s polo shirt. We weren’t there, like, ready for war"

"My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live”

"
    I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books."
    “I've known my mom since I was zero years old. She is quite dope.”

“George Bush doesn't care about black people.”

"LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS."

"YOOOO WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT!!!"

"PLEASE I BEG YOU, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME BE GREAT!!!"

------------------------------------

...and more
    stef likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Two words: Oxy moron.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

You know that if we start posting every stupid/strange/laughable thing Kanye says this thread might overtake the BFL page count in a matter of weeks.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

true.

“I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in."
    Air Quotes likes this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumb fuck

Silver Member

Yo, kanye, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but....wait, I thought it over and stfu.

Brookie, Kittylady, stef and 4 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

mjw
    Elite Member

"I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart."
    I'd rather wear clothes from Wal-Mart than the shit he designs.

"YOOOO WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT!!!"

"PLEASE I BEG YOU, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME BE GREAT!!!"
    This rant still tickles me.

"Kate Upton ain't Marilyn Monroe, Kim Marilyn Monroe. Everybody know that"

"I am Shakespeare in the flesh Walt Disney. Nike. Google. who's gon be the Medici family and stand up and let me create more? "

"Eve made Adam eat an apple and then it became illegal to be naked."

"I make awesome decisions in bike stores."

"I throw up historical subjects in a way that makes kids want to learn about them, I'm definitely in the history books already."

"I'm my favorite rapper."

"At the end of the day, I'm going down as a legend, whether you like me or not. I am the new Jim Morrison. I am the new Kurt Cobain."

"I’m like Howard Hughes. I’m like David Stern. I’m like Steve Jobs. If anything, that’s a compliment to them. I’m like Michelangelo cause I’m the new version of that."

“I want to make people’s lives easier. I spent two of my checks in telemarketing, when I was 18 years old, on my first pair of Gucci Slippers.”

1. “Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermès factory. Shit is real. You’re not going to find a chink. It’s 100,000 percent Jimi Hendrix.”

”my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherfuckers. Kiss my ass!’”

“It’s in my code. Have y’all ever seen Wreck-It Ralph? You remember how that girl in there … the glitch. You’re tellin’ me people don’t look at Kanye West like the glitch. Right now. And she was on the side of the video game, the whole time! It’s in my code. It’s in my code."

"I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z."

"How much is a shit load exactly? I’m assuming it’s more than a piss load.”

twitchy2.0 and stef like this.
    -

How sad it must be to spend your life obsessed over designer labels. I have no fucks to give who designed your shoes.This guy cannot believe most of what he says....he'd have to be 100% nuts.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post

"At the end of the day, I'm going down as a legend, whether you like me or not. I am the new Jim Morrison. I am the new Kurt Cobain."

”my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherfuckers. Kiss my ass!’”
    1. So you're gonna end up dead in a bathtub or shoot yourself in the head? We can hope.

2. That's painfully obvious.
    Brookie and Laurent like this.

He actually said 'chink'?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    He actually said 'chink'?
    I caught that too, why isn't he getting shit for being a fucking racist?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I thought he meant "chink" as in a "chink" in one's armor?
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

I thought "chink in the armor" as well...but when you use it in relation to a garment factory - i can kind of see where others would assume a more racist conotation.

And wow - labels and $$. He thinks by saying "NYC - stop buying "whatever""" That people will listen to him? How does one deflate and ego that size. And SHAME on the heads of these companies if they do listen to this piece o' trash.

ETA: I REALLY HATE when people drop the "s" - "everybody know that" - "Kim hot".
    Sounds so supremely STUPID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information