Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Britney Spears Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

Bronze Member

Default The Britney Spears Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

I saw the pics of Britney crying after she almost fell with her baby in front of the ENTIRE WORLD, and something came over me.

(Shoulda known better than to get started...we all know how these soapbox lunatic rants of mine end up...)

I can't believe I even CARE, but I think I may be the first member of the "BRITNEY BASHING BACKLASH".

I'm usually the meanest snarker around, and the girl is dumb as a box of rocks, but...is it really her own fault? She has NO common sense, for starters - I charge THAT to her mother who was too busy pimping her out to give her home training, womanly sense and maternal wisdom.

She's grown up under a magnifying glass as an uneducated dancing puppet, and we've crucified her for every dumb thing she's ever said, laughed at her every zit and picked her every action apart for her entire adult life...before that even. We covered her first broken heart like a cure for cancer.

When she grew up and out of her perfect teenage-girl body, we laughed at her and threw it in her face every single day, as if nobody on here has gained 10 lbs since high school.

And yeah. There's no disputing it, she married a LOSER. (Nooobodyyy here has ever married a loser???? The divorce stats beg to differ...seems like EVERY THIRD person in this country married a LOSER...) Granted, he's hard to defend, but she obviously DOES love him. For an international superstar, she seems deeply insecure, she was obviously looking for someone to love her long before she met him - and somehow it became HIM. He must have SOME redeeming quality, despite her lacking self-confidence, she really COULD have had anyone on the planet, and she chose HIM, and continues to choose him. As far as how long their marriage will last, probably as long as most other young marriages do. Obvious perks notwithstanding, I can't imagine it's exactly a CAKEWALK to be married to MISS BRITNEY SPEARS, INC. either. Not many guys have enough backbone and/or finances to hold their own against THAT. My theory is that she'd have to marry someone of equal status...Brad Pitt, maybe? Wait, he dropped HIS wife like a hot potato for the next hot broad, too, so I guess THAT theory is flawed.

Back to Kevin...Dumping pregnant girlfriends to run off with Britney Spears doesn't make you look like the "good guy" in any arena, but I HARDLY think he's the only guy in the world that would "pick up and go" from a high-pressure situation if Britney Spears (esp. the Britney that she WAS back THEN) summoned you to join her in leading a lifestyle of fame, riches and excess that most of us cannot even imagine. It doesn't make it RIGHT, but realistically...how many young, broke, wannabe rapper/dancers WOULDN'T do it??

Hell, I've seen guys leave a wife and two kids for a LOT LESS, like Broke-Tramp Betty down in the trailer court...or NO "other woman" and just their mama's couch...or they fell in love with, say, crack instead.

Now....onto Britney As Mother.

Again, Britney's not too bright and lacks any shred of common sense, but I don't think she's BADhearted. I'm sure she loves her baby as much as any other mother does. We've seen her make some poor decisions and do some bonehead things, but as I said before, I really think her mother glossed over teaching her daughter about class, judgement and good decision-making - after all, Britney was busy being trotted out like a trained seal all those years, not learning how to become a quality woman/mother, so she's winging it, like a LOT of women out there. She's still young AND young-MINDED for her age, and she seems to be having a hard time with the responsible-parent thing. Baby lap-driving, Sean Preston taking a very bad fall...these are NOT GOOD things.

BUT.
    The way she is relentlessly stalked by paparazzi, which I'm sure is even more awful than we could even imagine - SHE'S used to it, but I'm sure it would be a whole different ballgame between just her and then her and her newborn baby. Maybe she really DID just panic and try to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. She SHOULD have buckled him in under any circumstances, esp. knowing that the world is poised like vultures to rip apart her every action, and everyone on the planet would see that picture. Still, you can almost see her rationalization to flee with him. Almost... And the fall? Is she the ONLY one whose baby ever fell? If you are honest, most mothers have a "worst moment" that all the caution in the world didn't prevent. (Personally, despite hats & tshirts, I once got a horrific sunburn as a baby, my mother cried for days, questioned her skills as a mother and never forgave herself, but I lived to tell about it). Fortunately, my mother's incident didn't make the World Press...

The frontfacing car seat issue - I don't know about the Mini, but in my old Mercedes SLK coupe, if you wanted to install a baby seat, you had to buy their special one made especially for that car, and have them change to a special airbag setting to protect a baby in the seat. But it WAS front-facing. There was no other option on it. I don't HAVE a baby, but I remember thinking it odd.

Last but not least...the TRIPPING incident. The stumble heard round the world. Unless she was in stilettos, smoking, talking on the cell and slugging Jack Daniels, her "tripping" makes her a bad mother, why? Trying to do ANYTHING as Britney Spears, being mobbed and jumped in front of can't be easy, but damn, the girl TRIPPED. If she fell, the baby could have gotten hurt, yes. But he DIDN'T, and even if she HAD fallen, it's not like she did it on purpose. I'm sure it's the LAST thing she wants to have happen, and her scared and humiliated face in those pics tells a story. This girl KNOWS her ability as a parent is the topic of tabloid/web gossip worldwide, and it must be a little overwhelming to know that a STUMBLE is about to make world headlines, and every tear is being photographed for your humiliation.

Really, the whole thing is a little much. It's a wonder the girl hasn't thrown herself off a cliff yet.

I'm not even really a fan, and have rolled my eyes plenty at Britney lately.

/rant over.

Carry on.

(I can't believe I gave this much of my life to defending Britney Spears, who I don't even **LIKE**)
    Don't start with me, you know how I get.

Default Re: The BRITNEY BASHING BACKLASH...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

I kind of agree with you

Why didn't you just add this to one of the many existing threads?

Default Re: The BRITNEY BASHING BACKLASH...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

Quote Originally Posted by stacie9229
    (I can't believe I gave this much of my life to defending Britney Spears, who I don't even **LIKE**)
    I was wondering about that, too
    Nope.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think you've made some excellent points. I've been saying right along that this girl needs a break. When I was a new mother I did all sorts of stupid things--as I've mentioned on other threads, I've dropped my kids, knocked over their strollers, missed the crib in the middle of the night...the list is endless--the only difference is is that I didn't do any of this with seemingly the entire world watching and waiting with their knives sharpened. I think she's doing the best she can and I for one am not going to comdemn her for putting together a high chair incorrectly or for tripping while struggling to make her way through a throng of paps. And yes, we've all dated losers and some have even married them. Unfortunately she's young and, as you said, was raised to be a dancing puppet in an isolated environment. I'd say while Kfed is a complete knobend he's obviously giving her something she needs (besides a good banging). I see that relationship as an extension of the relationship she's probably had with her parents: it's based on her bringing home the bacon and continuing to be a performing monkey. She's been taught that that's what will bring her love. I just feel sorry for her and hope she somehow grows up a bit.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I kind of agree with you

Why didn't you just add this to one of the many existing threads?
    I'd think that one of the mods might move it to another forum http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/miscellaneous/
    or merge it with another Brit threads.
    I think in this forum, you are supposed to start a thread with a gossip news with an article and source it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I agree with your points. I think Britney's dumb and lacking common sense, but I think she loves her baby and means well. Maybe she should take some parenting classes or something.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Not worth defending but if it floats your boat fine. I just happen to dispute some of what you said. She has always courted tabloid and photographer attention. You reap what you sow and she really has sown a bumper crop of bad karma. Sure the tripping incident wasn't really her fault but I will say this, any unfamous dumb cluck young momma who made that many poor decisions and neglectful possibly harmful incidents would at the very least have someone intervene and talk to them about it, or have a concerned neighbor or relative call CPS. How is this any different?

Its her life. She has made some weird decisions but we all fuck up. I'd love to have her money, it'd be alot easier to get over the fuck-ups, haha.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I agree somewhat that Britney probably means well and some of the things she's done are not too bad...

BUT

I think common sense would dictate that you don't put a child on your lap when you drive, which endangers the baby's life, you don't have to hold a glass while you hold your baby on your other arm and walk wearing too long of pants and high heels. Even if you are not a celeb, you'd prolly get looks from strangers and criticized by your family members for doing things like that. So I don't particularly think that posters are being too hard on her.
    I do feel sympathy for her but it's more that I feel bad she lacks the common sense and seems to treat her own child carelessly.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

As much as you're right about her mom spending more time on pimping her than educating her or at least install some values into her, I disagree that that's the beginning and end of it and that it can serve as an excuse or alibi for her current attitude and mistakes (and her attitude in defense of her mistakes).
    There's people out there who didn't have the benefit of parental company, let alone guidance, who grew up in poverty without any breaks due to "talent", yet who picked themselves up and set themselves a goal: I don't deserve this misery, I'm gonna do and be better so one way or another I'm going to educate myself. That's called common sense.
    I saw a girl like that on Oprah, of all places. Dad gone, single mother was a crack addict. The girl - even when they legally still had an apartment - spent much time outside and in staircases or the subway with her books to do homework because she aspired to get out of the mess she was in. She was a teenager, whose mother cared more about her crack than raising her kids.
    It all has to do with character and an inner sense of what's wrong or right.
    Britney apparently lacks these virtues and lives by excuses. Instead of taking remarks like constructive criticism and learn from them to do better, all she could think of after the baby dropping incident is to sue the company of the high chair!!!!!!!!! That's idiotic. At her age she should be well able to take some responsibility and turn her life around. Lord knows she can afford financially to take time off to do some serious self exploring. Unlike less fortunate people, she doesn't have to depend on handouts and the kindness of others.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Default Re: The Britney Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

My mom smoked and drank while carrying me.(Not saying it's okay,but I managed to live!) I used to roll around in the back seat of an Oldsmobile. I played on teeter totters and tire swings and these 30 foot high steel rocket ships you climbed up a long ladder to get the top.From where you could ponder the deep thoughts of being a kid that high up. I think everyone could use a chill out. What more can the friggin US gov. do to make us safe? I am sick of it. Now they want to get rid of slides and swings in playgrounds. They wont do anything to help hurricane victims in our own country, but making playgrounds safer is on the agenda. Argh....too pissed to go on,lol.

Default Re: The Britney Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

Britney's foibles would be much more easily overlooked or forgiven if she weren't so arrogant, and if she weren't such an attention whore.

But since she is those things, people enjoy watching her make an ass of herself.

I've despised her ever since she made such an over-the-top effort to transform herself from a child star into a sex symbol. I think she deserves whatever bad press she gets.

No matter what our circumstances are, we are responsible for our actions. Britney is no different. She's old enough, and has seen enough of the world by now to be able to make her own decisions.

As much as she has whored herself out for attention, she might consider saying something like "I know I've made mistakes & showed poor judgment. I'm trying to be a better person & I appreciate the support I get." SOMETHING to show that she realizes that she is a fallible human. Instead, she blames everyone else, especially the people who give her the attention she craves, the paps.

She might try grooming once in a while, too. Her slovenly image just makes people pick on her more.

She could put the brakes on a lot of this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Question Re: The Britney Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

Britney's foibles would be much more easily overlooked or forgiven if she weren't so arrogant, and if she weren't such an attention whore.

But since she is those things, people enjoy watching her make an ass of herself... She could put the brakes on a lot of this.
    She's earned all this ridicule and I couldn't agree more that she's "sewn a bumper crop of bad karma."

No way am I ever feeling sorry for her. Or people who are not famous and act just like her. How do you feel sorry for people who won't help themselves in spite of being completely able to?

There's a lot of things wrong there, and I am not about to support it with sympathy she's done nothing to earn. That's what her family and handlers are there for, let them do their job.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: The Britney Spears Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

Only once have I felt bad for the girl and that was when her bodyguards had to go out on Mothers Day to buy flowers and balloons for her in the late afternoon because McSkeevy did not do it. But then again, she was just reaping what she had sown by hooking up with him in the first place. If most everyone in the free world could see what an uncaring loser-user why didnt she?

Default Re: The Britney Spears Bashing Backlash...let me be first (ok..I'm gonna go DEEP here)

I think she loves her baby. I don't feel sorry for her either. She has way too much money to NOT make these mistakes. The foward facing car seat wasn't bad it was the fact that she was riding around in southern Cali with the top down! You don't do that! I am surprised Cheeto wasn't burned up. That sun gets HOT out there. Live there, did the top down and I burned badly so I just cringe at what could have happen to Cheeto.

The fall I can understand. It happens. The baby in her lap while driving? I am sorry but if I have a huge 6 ft maybe about 250 lb black guy for a body guard, my ass is taking my time to put my baby in a car seat. He would have pounded those guys. Her saying she was in fear is a bunch of crap. If she was scared, she could have handed Cheeto to the rock of man she hired to protect them.

The trip: WE have all fell with a baby in our arms. I did last summer. Down a flight of stairs at that. I was bare foot. No long pants. Baby was ok, I was not. I had a book in one hand, baby in the other, damn straight that book was dropped. Both arms around baby.

Brit on the other hand, had on heels, pants to long, a drink in the other hand. I don't even think a drop of that drink hit the ground. Can't say as much for Cheeto's hat.

Kfed. I just think she wanted to have a baby. She wanted someone to love her and for her to love back. He just happen to be in the right place and at the right time. Unfortunately for Britney, yes BUT she made her bed with him. I really don't feel sorry for people who have more money then they will ever need who are stupid. She wanted this life, she got it, paps and all. You can't be famous without it. It all goes hand in hand. When my kids say they want to be famous, I correct them. You just want to be rich. Not the fame part. But don't we all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information