Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Today's Duh News: Fashion Editors Cut Sizes Out of Samples for Celebs

Default Today's Duh News: Fashion Editors Cut Sizes Out of Samples for Celebs

Celebrities doing photo shoots for magazines are not unlikely to tell the editors pulling clothes for the shoot that they're a size or so smaller than they actually are. The celebrity might be afraid of her real size getting out in the press, or just be a slave to vanity sizing, which the Times published a probing report on over the weekend.

This morning the Today show followed up on this not-new issue of vanity sizing since the Times story was the most e-mailed on its website yesterday. That story's writer, Stephanie Clifford, appeared with More magazine's Lesley Jane Seymour, who talked about how the problem of size disparities between clothing labels affects celebrity shoots. She said they have to cut the labels out of the clothes if they're not the size the celebrity has said they are. "When we go to shoots it's all about the ego," Seymour says. "If a celebrity says she's a size eight and we know she's not we cut the sizes out because we know she won't put it on if it says it's a ten."

We wonder if this is why so many of them end up posing fully or partially nude.

Editors Cut the Size Labels Out of Clothing Celebrities Have to Wear on Shoots -- The Cut
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

of course they do. that's why all these kardashians and careys and allens believe they are size zero or whatever.
    -

That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...something about non-fat yogurt and Jerry changing the size of his jeans?

He was horrified to discover that the 'non-fat' yogurt made him gain weight and he was ashamed that he'd put on weight...as if the guy was fat to begin with!

We know that they are cutting out Kirstie Alley's size 16 tag and replacing it with a size 6. They're so very thoughtful to Kirstie, lol.

Wasn't this a blond that was thought to be Patricia Arquette on medium? Turned out she was an XL instead?

(that last bit is a joke people...)

I know people like this - people who are convinced they're a size 12 when they're really a 16. I'm acquainted with a woman through work who buys everything with about 15% lycra and elastic waists and shoehorns herself into stuff that makes her look like a blood sausage so that she can claim that she wears a size medium.

Lol!^^

If I buy cheap clothes (like H&M) I make sure I go up at least one size as I know that they'll skimp on the cut.

It also struck me reading this again.... Do they really put size labels in sample garments? Really? Maybe WCG will help me out here, I know they do for some retail because in the past I've bought them but for the model garments?

LOL. They get into the wrong sized clothes and then they get airbrushed. Poor babies.

Thread Information