Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiwanese boy dubbed 'the next Susan Boyle'

Default Taiwanese boy dubbed 'the next Susan Boyle'

Taiwan's Susan Boyle: Chubby underdog blows judges away as he belts out Whitney Houston... and becomes YouTube hit
    By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 5:46 PM on 07th April 2010

Susan Boyle needs to look out - there's another YouTube singing sensation shooting up the popularity charts.

Lin Yu Chun is short, fat, has a bowl-cut hairstyle and wears a red bow tie, but the Taiwanese youngster sings exactly like Whitney Houston.

Which explains why a clip from the karaoke TV show Super Star Avenue has become a massive hit on YouTube and Twitter.

Take it away, Lin: Lin Yu Chun belts out Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You on Taiwan's Super Star Avenue

His pitch-perfect rendition of the Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton mega-hit I Will Always Love You blew a panel of judges away.

The amazing performance recalled the way Susan Boyle surprised Britain's Got Talent judges with her version of I Dreamed A Dream.

The clip of her stunning Simon Cowell and Co. with the song from Les Miserables has now clocked up 90m hits on YouTube alone.

Her subsequent album has gone on to sell millions worldwide and last week netted her a £4m royalties cheque to coincide with her 49th birthday.

But now it seems Lin is ready to take her crown as the year's most unlikely music star and he is the bookies' favourite to win the talent contest.

The grand prize on Super Star Avenue is almost as jaw-dropping as Lin's performance - the chance to release an album, as well as $1million (£650,000).

Read more: Lin Yu Chun: The Taiwanese Susan Boyle | Mail Online
    Can someone please post the video?; I'm at work, and am unable to access videos...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgXC303Q5A[/YOUTUBE]i saw this on TMZ and he's incredible. But looking at him, he reminds me of the guy on Mad TV lol
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati

Awesome. Whitney should watch this for a few pointers.

I wonder how this kid's voice will sound when he hits puberty?

Holy shit! This kid is awesome! LOL he does look like Bobby Lee from Mad TV lolz.

Wow! Someone chop off his ball now before his voice changes. Goodness me, what a nice voice.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

He's been listening to Celine Dion records. Too breathy and it drove me crazy that he took breaths between every word. I just don't like child singers. Only Shirley Temple and little Michael Jackson.

He's cute and I mean that. Sweet face. I'd like to restyle him.

why the new susan boyle? is he speshul?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Wow! Someone chop off his ball now before his voice changes. Goodness me, what a nice voice.
    wait, did i miss something? who broke your wang?
    Keneesha when she banged it up a mango tree until I fainted.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

He is awesome and really, really good.
    But his singing is still a little surreal right? I mean, this Taiwanese boy sings just like a fully grown American woman, and though heís great, no doubt, (spot on actually) itís still a little bizarre, right? Right?
    Right?
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

So, I happened to be watching 'The Early Show' this morning, and saw a clip of the video; they said he's 23 years old. So far, that is the only place I've heard he's not 12:

Next Susan Boyle Found in Lin Yu Chun? - The Early Show - CBS News
    Next Susan Boyle Found in Lin Yu Chun?
    Taiwan's "American Idol"-Like Show Features 23-Year-Old's Stunning Whitney Houston-Like Rendition of "I Will Always Love You"

(CBS/AP) There's a new singing sensation on the music scene and he's causing quite a stir on the Internet, leading some to ask if he's the next Susan Boyle.

Lin Yu Chun, 23, blew away judges on the Taiwan's "American Idol"-like show "Super Star Avenue" when he sang "I Will Always Love You."

The song was first written and performed by Dolly Parton and then made big by Whitney Houston when she covered the song for "The Bodyguard" soundtrack. The Internet is abuzz largely because of Lin Yu Chun's pitch-perfect rendition of Houston's version.

If Lin Yu Chun wins the competition, he will reportedly earn $1 million and the chance to release his own album.

In some cases, men's testicles have not dropped and are stuck up inside them... causing the high pitch voice. I think you can get surgery to correct it. I would google but I'm at work. The word 'balls' would send an red flag to HR...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLKCTaDrP4[/YOUTUBE]

Interview starts at around 1:15. It's in Chinese but there are some subtitles

SVZ

yeah they said he's 24 in the video

24?! No way. It's those Asian genes, I tell ya. He looks no more than 16 imho. He's pretty good.
    Rock the fuck on!

Here is his "blog"...

Lin Yu Chun

I kind of doubt he does it, because it looks like something a fan or maybe even his own mother or granny slopped together for the what for.

Some of the videos on that have some really far out vocals.

There is a singer over in Russia named Vitas. He has a very unique vocal range like how this young man does. Some folks say that Vitas might be a lady posing as a dude or something.

Here is Vitas....

YouTube - Vitas-Ave Maria

I think that they should both duet together! Keep folks guessing, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information