Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Whatever happened to" thread...

Default "Whatever happened to" thread...

Okay so I'm watching Airheads right now and I remembered the chick in this movie, Amy Locane...I used to think she was the most gorgeous girl ever when I was growing up - obviously my tastes have changed now, but I'm watching her in this movie and I still think she's kind of pretty. She was the girl from Cry-Baby, School Ties, and Melrose Place. Obviously this is more a hypothetical question than anything since I can see by looking her up she's drastically cut her acting roles, but I figured this thread would be a good way to remember "stars" that you thought had a shot and then dropped off the face of the earth. She wasn't a good actress but she had a pretty face (back in the day, recent pics look like sun damage has killed her looks), wonder why she just stopped acting. I remember for a very short time she was the "next big thing" and then...nothing.

So what about you? Do you ever randomly think of an actor/actress and wonder, "whatever happened to...?"
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Rene Russo! I can see on IMDb that she has two films on the way - Thor and some other film - but she hasn't done any films since 2005. I really like her and wonder why she hasn't done any filmwork for such a long time..
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

She really fucked her face up with plastic surgery, imo. I saw her and Dennis Quaid in some sucky movie a few years back and I remember recoiling when I saw her (if thats the movie I'm thinking of, my memory is a bit foggy). Then again, I never found her particularly beautiful.

Oh, that's sad I thought she looked really good at some point.

I used to wonder what happened to Mia Sara, who was the gf in "Ferris Buehler". I thought she was strikingly beautiful. Over the years, it seems like she has kind of morphed into a Mackenzie Philips lookalike.

Oh wow! She was absolutely gorgeous in Ferris Bueller. Not going to say anything mean, but...wow. I don't think that haircut does her any favors either. It seems like she aged insanely fast, was Ferris Bueller THAT long ago?

ETA: Just saw that FB was made in 1986. Seems like just yesterday. So that woman is about 42 years old now.

It's actually kind of worse than the photo. I saw her pop up in something like an "I love the 80's" program and she has this really scratchy voice, like she smoked a lot of unfiltered cigarettes. Even accounting for "Ferris" being made about 23 years ago, she seemed to have prematurely aged. I was kind of shocked when I saw her on the program.

I also wonder about Olivia D'arbo (or whatever her name was). She played the big sister on The Wonder Years and at the time she seemed to be everywhere to me.

Thats funny because I was just thinking about how pretty she was and that she had a really lovely voice in that movie.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0jS672X_E[/YOUTUBE]

Now that I think about it, the other WEHT person in "Ferris" for me was Jennifer Grey. I loved her looks and her (kind of) large nose, and was among the people who thought she made a mistake in getting a nose job.

By the way, while watching "Aliens" with my kids (bad dad alert) last weekend, I was talking to my daughter about how she was about the same age as "Newt" (the little girl in the movie). Here is Newt then and now:

And the kid from "A Christmas Story" (Peter Billingsley), who crosses my mind about once a year:

Awww.... he grew up to be so adorable! I still want to pinch his little cheeks. Not hot, no way, but still adorable.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Paul Reiser? Helen Hunt?

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

Thanks january for creating this thread! I'm loving it!

Zach Galligan (Gremlins)

Then

Now

Corin Nemec (Parker Lewis Can't Lose)

Then

Now

C. Thomas Howell (The Outsiders)

Then

Now

Helen Slater (Supergirl/The Legend Of Billie Jean)

Then

Now
    Rock the fuck on!

helen slater and corin nemec look great
    Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

I used to have the hots for Tom Howell back in the 80's. He looks like shit now.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information