Thread: Dating a lot of people: Female vs Male celebrities

Lightbulb Dating a lot of people: Female vs Male celebrities

Men who date a lot of (hot) celebrity females -- Oh, he's got a great track record! He banged [insert names here]!! Pimp, player, etc.

Women who date a lot of (hot) celebrity guys -- Oh, she's been through half of Hollywood. She was with [insert names here]!! Whore, slut, hoe, etc.

Anyone else notice this but me?

I don't mean to be have a "feminist-nazi" moment, but its really annoying and such a double standard.

that's not just hollywood or celebrity related, this happens in everyday life as well. A guy that dates a lot of girls is a playboy, a girl who dates a lot of guys is a slut. And, honestly, I have no faith it will change anytime soon, there are centuries of anthropological conventions that work against us

That's true also. Its so annoying.

Speaking of names, I forgot the term 'playboy' too. Can't edit my post for some reason.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Men who date a lot of (hot) celebrity females -- Oh, he's got a great track record! He banged [insert names here]!! Pimp, player, etc.

Women who date a lot of (hot) celebrity guys -- Oh, she's been through half of Hollywood. She was with [insert names here]!! Whore, slut, hoe, etc.

Anyone else notice this but me?

I don't mean to be have a "feminist-nazi" moment, but its really annoying and such a double standard.
    It's hardly being a feminazi to notice blatant sexism when you see it. People try to shut women up with that label any time we speak up about unfairness, so don't apologize for it.

These double standards ultimately hurt all women, and women are the ones who will have to make the change by not buying into the double standard and applying it to other women. The concept of slut should be dead and burried. No matter what your sexual history, most all women will be called a slut at some point in their lives by somebody, and it may very well come from another woman. It's all a bullshit concept designed to control womens' sexuality for the benefit of men and a patriarchal society. The campaign has been so successful that we don't even need men to perpetuate it anymore, we all do it ourselves because sexism like this so ingrained that many people don't even realize it. Whenever I hear a woman buy into the double standard or even just tactily accept it, I automatically feel pretty smug and angry at the same time. Generally speaking, the only people who call women sluts are 1) men that she doesn't want to fuck and 2) women who are jealous that other men want to fuck her more than them.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree, it's a total double standard...

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Generally speaking, the only people who call women sluts are 1) men that she doesn't want to fuck and 2) women who are jealous that other men want to fuck her more than them.
    HAHAHA

Thread Information