Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Blood Cast, Rolling Stone, September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I quite don't get it ... it seems to me that everytime there's something that has to do with sex in the USA it quickly shocks everybody, and poeple are outraged that children can see those things, but on the other hand, it seems ok for those children to watch movies with machine guns, explosions, people blowing off things every 2 seconds ... so violence's ok but sex's not?
    Nope, I don't get it
    I don't really think the cover image is sexual. However, you have three naked people covered in blood - implying violence. That's kind of a striking, unusual image and where the magazine is typically displayed (where I live), it's the kind of thing that my kids would notice and ask about.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think that approach works to an extent. The problem, in my opinion, is that there are disturbing images or themes that are oddly compelling, but that children just can't reasonably process.
    and that's ok. you can't explain everything to your kid, but you also can't shield them from everything they won't be able to understand. as annoying as it might be for them, sometimes it's ok to just tell a kid that it's something they are too young to understand. i remember getting that reply sometimes, and sure, it pissed me off for a little while but then i forgot about it. and it's less of a big deal than if you spend more time trying to explain something they just can't understand.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I quite don't get it ... it seems to me that everytime there's something that has to do with sex in the USA it quickly shocks everybody, and poeple are outraged that children can see those things, but on the other hand, it seems ok for those children to watch movies with machine guns, explosions, people blowing off things every 2 seconds ... so violence's ok but sex's not?
    Nope, I don't get it
    Yep. Weird, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    and that's ok. you can't explain everything to your kid, but you also can't shield them from everything they won't be able to understand. as annoying as it might be for them, sometimes it's ok to just tell a kid that it's something they are too young to understand. i remember getting that reply sometimes, and sure, it pissed me off for a little while but then i forgot about it. and it's less of a big deal than if you spend more time trying to explain something they just can't understand.
    My son is 12, if he asks me, I'll just say "its an advertisement for True Blood. A show about vampires. It's an adult theme that doesn't concern you because you wouldn't be interested.". I'm not going to lie to my kid - hell, he will eventually be interested in the sexual aspect but at the moment, he isn't. Why concern a child with something that is pretty alien to them at their particular age?
    My dad would've just said "none of your goddamned business" and I would've shut up and moved right the hell on.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    The cover is just ok. I don't get why Eric is placed like he wants to be far away from Sookie. Lame.

I don't get a vampire story about abstinence

Suck it, Twilight!
    Yeah it's just okay to me too. It actually screams Trying Too Hard. I think they could have done better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information