Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nude Model Goes Un-Airbrushed on Marie Claire cover

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    To tag onto what January said, I love the figure-study-style photo of Bianca Dye, and the body is pretty nice, in my opinion. And I love things that I can believe are actually real/unretouched.

The only things that stood out to me in the Jennifer Hawkins photo was that the skin tone looked uneven below the waist. And there was a fold of skin on the side that would have been removed by an editor. Also, I noticed that editors can't stop themselves from making the thighs look thinner, so they probably would have done that, too.

By the way, this kind of reminds me -- I have a particular digital camera that I should have thrown away years ago. However, the photos of my wife, for whatever reason, come out absolutely fantastic on it -- actually captures her appearance and skin tone accurately.
    You sound like an awesome husband.

Gold Member

Jennifer Hawkins is one of those people who refuses to go away. Like Miranda Kerr (who also refuses to go away), so she has no backside and even less in the breasts department, but my opinion of dear Jen has actually gone up in light of this. While the lighting and the angles of both her body and the camera would have been very carefully considered before a single frame was shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if some mild airbriushing was done on her face, this was still a brave thing for a model to do, and I'm impressed. Had the photo been awful, it could have damaged her career.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    She looks amazing! I think some women feel better about themselves when they see a pic like this, and they can say "well, you know she doesn't really look like that in real life. She's photoshopped to death." it sucks to know that she really does look this good even without Photoshop cause they don't have any excuses.
    Seriously, do they imagine unphotoshopped all the models are 250 pound men or something?

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Mist View Post
    Jennifer Hawkins is one of those people who refuses to go away. Like Miranda Kerr (who also refuses to go away), so she has no backside and even less in the breasts department, but my opinion of dear Jen has actually gone up in light of this. While the lighting and the angles of both her body and the camera would have been very carefully considered before a single frame was shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if some mild airbriushing was done on her face, this was still a brave thing for a model to do, and I'm impressed. Had the photo been awful, it could have damaged her career.
    Yeah, I feel like her face has still been airbrushed, look at the whites of her eyes, there's no shadow, but who knows. She could just be that beautiful!

There is no airbrushing at all on this shoot. Models usually use eye drops like this one:

to bring out the whites more intensely and this product makes your eyes seem very blue.

Jennifer is exquisite in reality. Donald Trump called her "the most beautiful Miss Universe I have seen in many, many years" and Tyson Beckford said she was one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen.

fgg

she's absolutely beautiful!

i wonder if you can use those drops if you wear contacts. and whether the contacts have to be out of your eyes.

i think she is extremely brave to do this (but if i had her body id walk around naked all the time) and i admire her for it.
    After watching the video though i think it might have been in bad taste to do this for an Eating Disorder Charity.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrapezium View Post
    i think she is extremely brave to do this (but if i had her body id walk around naked all the time) and i admire her for it.
    After watching the video though i think it might have been in bad taste to do this for an Eating Disorder Charity.
    People are reading too much into this. Jennifer was asked to do it and she agreed as she thought it was a good message to encourage women to stop feeling the pressure to look perfect. She donated her entire salary to the eating disorder charity. Good for her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information