Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow - WSJ. Magazine - December 2018/January 2019

mo,i know she didnt say she invented yoga..just an hyperbole..obviously she thinks herself and her people are the centre of the known universe...
    rollo, sprynkles and DawnM74 like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    mo,i know she didnt say she invented yoga..just an hyperbole..obviously she thinks herself and her people are the centre of the known universe...
    Thanks, Effie, but Gwyneth taught yoga how to put on makeup and get a date with one of the most popular boys in class. In fact, the movie "Clueless" is based on Gwyneth's relationship with yoga.
    effie2, Lalasnake and DawnM74 like this.

Speaking of Clueless...This is like Alicia Silverstone talking about how she was vegan before vegan was cool. Gwyneth did not do one fucking thing to popularize yoga and she may be kidding or exaggerating, but this is pretty much tantamount to saying she discovered it which would be true if we were all taking a page out of the Christopher Columbus book of discovering crap. No one with half a brain was asking what yoga was in the fucking 90s and no one thought she was a witch unless she told everyone she was into Wicca, which she probably did, because she would. (And who associates yoga with witchcraft anyway?)

I don't know that yoga is cultural appropriation per se, but I have heard of hardcore Catholics and other Christians who say it's sacrilegious because it's meant to be a way to reach God and I guess the only way to do that is in church or whatever.

Anyway, I do think the pictures turned out great and I wish I could look a quarter that good. It's just that she's an idiot.
    I'mNotBitter and DawnM74 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I love the photos. They’re retouched as hell but she looks awesome.
    I want to hate Gwinnie but for some reason I can’t. Yes, goopy is ridiculous but at the same time, if there are enough idiots out there to make her a gazillionaire just for being her smug little self and running a website for people who aspire to be her, the joke is kind of on them. And then there’s the haters making her even richer thanks to all the free publicity they provide. Part of me thinks she could be an evil genius, the modern day Bond villain we deserve.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Being Gwyneth is nice work if you can get it - I mean, she really doesn't have to do all that much except show up to events and she's just raking in the cash. It's like being an actress without having to do all the actressing stuff and actually that's pretty smart, but then at the same times she's also sort of clueless so that's just funny to watch, too.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

sput - you give her too much credit. i see her as a new age marie antoinette.
    rollo, sputnik and DawnM74 like this.

Me too. I think she's a pompous fool and I'm debating whether to add her stupid yoga assertions onto my siggy but the writing would fall off the page.
    sprynkles and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She's an idiot, but a rich idiot so she's apparently smarter than I am.

I saw a young Blythe Danner on a rerun of M*A*S*H and she was so beautiful back in the day - Gwyneth looks just like her only more stringy and wrinkled.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information