Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charisma Carpenter - Playboy

Or get implants, because a 36C isn't that impressive and won't get you that far. lol

What! *as I look down at my girls*
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

^ It's was a joke. I am sure your girls are just fine.

I think Charisma looks fab here, her body is absolutely killer, she has a great bum. My friends have met her and she seems smart and articulate and not at ALL trashy, she's very beautiful and friendly. I don't think taking your clothes off automatically makes you whoreish and trashy and it doesn't demean other women. I couldn't care less if other women pose naked, it doesn't reflect on me at all. What reflects on me is how I conduct myself and what choices I make.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    I think Charisma looks fab here, her body is absolutely killer, she has a great bum. My friends have met her and she seems smart and articulate and not at ALL trashy, she's very beautiful and friendly. I don't think taking your clothes off automatically makes you whoreish and trashy and it doesn't demean other women. I couldn't care less if other women pose naked, it doesn't reflect on me at all. What reflects on me is how I conduct myself and what choices I make.
    EXACTLY!
    Thank you!

I didn't know Charisma posed for Playboy. Damn, she does look good. She was always the best looking woman in the Buffy/Angel world, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    For me the issue becomes the disparity between what men are expected to do and what we as women are expected to do. Men don't get naked for all their parts to be judged/approved of/ridiculed/praised. They sit there clotheed while women get naked, even in movies that are supposedly featuring nudity for the 'realism' of the scene. How ironic that on screen men's dicks are conveniently covered by a sheet or bath towel while a woman gets so real you could count her pubic hairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Here's the thing that must be acknowledged; you can be a sex object. It is okay to be a sex object. It is not okay to only be a sex object. Women are multifaceted creatures; you can be objectified sexually and simultaneously have your intelligence and what have you acknowledged. Madonna/whore/madonna/whore...
    Actually, I agree with both those statements. It is absolutely appalling how there is a complete double standard in the entertainment industry when it comes to female and male nudity, though personally I don't think the 'solution' is less female nudity but more male nudity. I want all male stars to get their kit of in sexy photoshoots, and I want it NOW, damn it!

Levity aside, of course nude photoshoots shouldn't be a 'requirement' nor should the average woman be pressured to conform to some be more overtly sexual than she is comfortable with, but at the same time, I don't think people who actually like to be overtly sexual should be condemned. It kind of reminds me of some old debates we used to have at the University pub after feminist classes. Yes, I fully understand the concept of objectification, the male gaze and all of that. No, I'm not willing to give up my eyeliner or banish all miniskirts from my wardrobe. I like wearing them and I intend to while I can still get away with them.

As for Charisma, I think she's a good actress, and speaking as someone who owns every single Buffy and Angel episode, I've seen enough of her work to form an opinion. As someone said upthread, at the time of the photoshoot her career was in a very good place anyway-not so much after Angel was cancelled, but most of the Buffy/Angel alumni didn't do so well after the shows. Such is the nature of genre television.

Buffy and Angel were great shows on the topic of reversing the usual objectification subjects actually. Sure, Buffy had skimpy outfits early on in the series, but the camera never lingered in a voyeuristic way on her body, and throughout both shows, the men got a naked a lot more than the women. All the men in both shows have had their shirts off at some point (often while being tied up with chains and being subjected to oddly eroticized torture, yum), the homoerotic between males were often overlty acknowledged and during the Buffy and Spike sex scenes, she was often completely clothed while James Marsters as much on display as the censors would allow (which was quite a bit).
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    She gorgeous and she has clearly worked hard for her body. People act like a naked body is something to be ashamed of, yet you still click on this thread to view the pictures yourself.

If you want to see trashy open up a Hustler or bondage magazine.
    I should've elaborated on my post more. I have no problems with a naked body, male or female, both of which are beautiful. I think these shots are gorgeous, not trashy whatsoever and Charisma definitely has the body to pose in Playboy. As I said before, I do think she did it for the money, but it doesn't make her trashy, if I had a body like that, I'd show it off too!

Now if these were Hustler shots, that'd be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I like naked and scantilly clad photos of women... I'm also a bit of a perv who uses lollipops during sex play.
    Here's the thing that must be acknowledged; you can be a sex object. It is okay to be a sex object. It is not okay to only be a sex object. Women are multifaceted creatures; you can be objectified sexually and simultaneously have your intelligence and what have you acknowledged. Madonna/whore/madonna/whore...
    from one perv to another! Ever tried ice cubes?

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    Here, here...great post.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Some people just like to put down any girl that's hot and isn't insecure. That's all it amounts too.
    nope. i just like putting down tackiness and bad taste. the girl is gorgeous. like i said in the first post, these pics could have been great if they'd been taken by a real photographer and for a better magazine... i have nothing against nude pics. in fact i'm not ashamed to admit that i like looking at nudes but i just like better quality ones.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If a girl wants to pose nude for the cash and exposure, she is just playing into how this superficial world is like. Some people say they are using her. But who's to say Charisma isn't using them to try get ahead? Maybe they both are using each other. Even if it looks slutty, if Charisma or any random person thinks it's art, who's to say they are wrong?

You can say she looks trashy and tacky, and I'd agree for many of them, but again, it's subjective. If by chance, I said Charisma's nude photos are artistic and other people say it's just trash, none of us are wrong or right, it's all in how we interpret how we see it with our own subjective perceptions. And Charisma might think it's trashy and is doing it for superficial reasons, but that doesn't mean she's stupid or insecure. She might be, but doesn't mean she is just cause she did those photos.

How many intelligent average or below average looking girls out there who's going to college or trying to get a starting position in a career would skip the years trying to climb that ladder if a genie waved a magic wand over them and turned them into Charisma or Elizabeth Hurley? I bet many of those so-called intelligent girls would show off their bodies if they thought it could get them famous. If I had a choice between being rich from the working 9 to 5 lifestyle or being rich from the famous lifestyle, I'd definitely pick the famous lifestyle.

I think a lot of women are angry cause these kinds of so-called trashy or tacky nude photos reflect on how men will perceive women's sexuality, and it's a threat to women who wants to be taken as intelligent and classy women. I think these same women should not focus as much on trying to get other women to live up to their own projected self-standards on what's appropriate or not and focus on trying to stop themselves in thinking most men are soooo stupid and shallow that they'd be dumb enough to fall for any tacky nude girl in a magazine.

However, don't get me wrong, as mentioned, I think it's subjective, so hammer away at anyone you want if that's what you think.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

I don't see her as a trashy person whatsoever..she actually comes off as a very sweet and intelligent woman from the interviews...so she's posing nude..end of the world...not everyone poses nude to objectify or whore themselves..she seems confident with her body..and I don't see anything wrong with that. She has a beautiful body, and she's showing it off..I don't see her as a whore..maybe because she simply isn't one.

And I am so tired of people saying, "well men will look at her and others, and see women this way", it's silly..if a man is stupid enough to believe all women look like this/or should look like this, he is just a damn fool. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks when it comes to what I should do with my body...if I can go home at the end of the day, and be proud of myself..like she probably is of herself..than I don't see anything wrong with it.

I honestly don't have a problem with women who choose to be strippers, or call girls..if it is a lifestyle you choose, then so be it. I don't have a right to judge it, and it doesn't necessarily make them a "whore", men by now should be intelligent to know that women aren't perfect. Majority of "attractive" men, I've known/seen have been with women who many would say are well, "ugly", or "unattractive"..I guess it is all subjective, but only a fool would look at certain standard of women, and say that all women should look like this..thin, huge breasts, and blonde hair..it's silly.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Yes, I fully understand the concept of objectification, the male gaze and all of that. No, I'm not willing to give up my eyeliner or banish all miniskirts from my wardrobe. I like wearing them and I intend to while I can still get away with them.
    That describes me,too. In a lot of ways I fit the stereotype of the 'sexy girl' in an external sense (makeup, clothes, shoes) but that doesn't mean I haven't developed myself internally and spiritually as well. It's not something I feel I need to sacrifice in order to meet some radical feminist ideal of an actualized female. My statements were not an attack on Charisma, but rather a broader assessment of how I see things played out in the larger culture, namely that womens' looks are still considered the most important thing they have to offer and that irritates me.

Well, men's sexuality is different from women's sexuality. Taking off your clothes in a trashy magazine run by Hugh Hefner is not empowerment. I have no problem with real sensuality or nudity. I have a problem with the idea that we think we have "control" over our sexuality and that it's our "choice" to be objectified, but we're right back where we started from.

This isn't true sexuality, it's just trash. This isn't artful nudity, it's just smut. Look, I love nakedness and sex. I'm pro-sex. But men are wired differently than women. So while we think we're empowered, we're actually giving the message "Yes I am a toy" and the only thing that can get a man's attention is by taking off your clothes and spreading your legs.

I love highly sexual, intelligent women like Monica Bellucci and Susan Sarandon....I think they approach their femininity and their sexuality in a healthy and beautiful way. But getting paid to be drooled over so men can jerk off to your pics is.....well, that IS a form of prostitution. "Choice" we say....okay. But it's not empowerment. It isn't. Women are expected, more than ever, to be not just comfortable with their sexuality, but to be absolutely open about it to the point of distraction. But it's not real sexuality, it's just this sort of "fuck-me" appearance of sexuality that overrides everything else. It's more important today to be fuckable than it is to be anything else.

Even Erica Jong has said this "liberation" is false and that women are more shackled today than they were before.

*shrugs*

I guess I'll go back to saying my rosary now while wearing my nun's habit.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I like saying "yes I am a toy,...Now, what are you willing to do to play with this toy?"

Always loved her

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information