Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avril Lavigne - Harpars Bazaar Magazine - February 2006

Default Avril Lavigne - Harpars Bazaar Magazine - February 2006

Default Re: Avril Lavigne - Bazaar magazine - February '06

i really like the second pic. i'm jealous of her jawline. she looks good.

Plain Jane. Bad attitude. Whens the last time she brought anything out anyway? I quite like her music.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Sometimes I find her nose a little bit too pointy but apart from that I think she's very beautiful. The classic style suits her fine, but I wonder how her fans will react?
    Nope.

I love the way she looks actually. I'd be more than happy to resemble her. Classic but a little bit quirky and cute too - not threateningly beautiful.

Tiara, June 2002 was when her first album was released, and May 2004 her second. I'd imagine she'll continue with the every two years thing.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

What happened to the skater girl all of a sudden???
    What a fake.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by calendargurl
    i really like the second pic. i'm jealous of her jawline. she looks good.
    i think they photoshopped her jawline...it's actually one of her worst features, which was why she always covered it with hair until recently.

it's all square and angular, it's weird.

there are some photos of her without makeup on singing in an airport...you'll see what she really looks like...

Default Re: Avril Lavigne - Bazaar magazine - February 2006

Give her a break, allow her to grow up. She was 17 when she became world famous. Weather she became that because of talent(she has talent) or built up image plus clever marketing (tons of both)depends on your point of view. But still, everyone knew about her since then, she didn't have the time&space to grow up since then.
    Can't say I really dig that style but I also can't really say that I care for Avril Lavigne, aside from her music. What she does, as a person, well, I couldn't care less. But still, people change.
    But I doubt she'll be able to pull a Madonna.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane
    What happened to the skater girl all of a sudden???
    What a fake.

so people expect her to dress that way for the rest of her life?

so people expect her to dress that way for the rest of her life?
    No but I'm thinking about all the times she slammed Britney and all these blonde pop stars, and said she hated wearing dresses and being girly.

I'm not saying you can't change your mind, or grow up and mature and become different, but then, if she's not a fake and a poser, she's stupid, because she's turned herself - at least on the outside - exactly in what she used to publicly criticize so much and say she'd never be.

My opinion remains that her career is going downhill and she needs some media attention.

It's possible to eventually become something you never thought you would become. In high school I was a full on punk, my hair has been every color of the rainbow, I made some of my own clothes b/c there wasn't a lot I liked in the stores, I wore chains, had multiple piercings, and HATED the color pink. Then I went to college and spent time with girls very much like the ones I used to make fun of in high school (the girly ones). They sort of opened my eyes to a different lifestyle as I grew up and slowly I stopped wearing the chains and took out some of my piercings, then I started shopping in more mainstream stores, dyed my hair to a far more toned down color, and my wardrobe has a good amount of pink in it now. When I came home after my first year at school a lot of my friends didn't believe it was me because I was so different from what I once was. The change doesn't mean I was a poser then, nor does it mean I am one now. I grew older and matured, as part of that process my style morphed. Now I feel sort of stupid if I have more than a small punk accent in what I'm wearing even though I loved it way back then. Besides, it's a lot more effort to put on all the stuff I wore when I was punkier than to dress like I do now. It saves me a lot of time in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    It's possible to eventually become something you never thought you would become.
    I understand what you're saying, I changed as well after high school, and like me and you I'm sure most people did, because like I said too, it's normal to change and mature.

But in Avril's case I'm a lot more led to think that it's just a career move, and that this sudden change in one year from sk8r chick to Nicole Kidman lookalike is just for the media attention and money.

She didn't ask her stylists herself to make her look like Nicole Kidman and they made her do it? Same thing, still all about the money.

well she didn't go from straight sk8r chick to Nicole Kidman lookalike. by the time her second album came out she was wearing some skirts and things that were more feminine than t-shirts with neckties. i think this is the step after that. she's also gotten engaged which maybe tends to make her want to dress a little more womanly and look sexy for her guy.

well she didn't go from straight sk8r chick to Nicole Kidman lookalike. by the time her second album came out she was wearing some skirts and things that were more feminine than t-shirts with neckties. i think this is the step after that. she's also gotten engaged which maybe tends to make her want to dress a little more womanly and look sexy for her guy.
    Well then her next step will be becoming the new Victoria's secret's face

I've never liked her that much since I saw a documentary of her on MTV. She was a total arse hole. She was rude and obnoxious and treated one of her groupies inparticular like shit because she knew he had a crush on her.

I agree people do change and Avril is at the age where most people change their style. However, the way she bitched about Britney and other pop princesses, she is being a hypocrite now. I remember her saying on numerous occasions that she doesn't need to dress like all the others because she's good looking enough, she said she could be better than Britney. Which I agree with, she is better looking than Brit (but lets face it its not really hard!) I just think if Avril hadn't gone on about how much she hated the pop princess look so much in the past, changing her look now would have been admired more than laughed at.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information