Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexiest Man Alive - People Magazine 2005

SVZ

Default Sexiest Man Alive - People Magazine 2005

MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY
    "I like the 'Alive' part," says McConaughey, 36, of being crowned PEOPLE's 20th Sexiest Man Alive. "Now I've made it. Wait until you see the roles I could take after this. You're going to see my gut hanging over, plus 22 (lbs.). It'll be a whole new kind of sexy!"

PATRICK DEMPSEY
    The alluring star of Grey's Anatomy may have lustrous hair, but he has to work hard for it. "It's my biggest asset and my biggest flaw," Dempsey, 39, says. "It takes hours to look like it hasn't been studied." And he puts just as much effort into his body. "I'm almost 40. I go to the gym as much as possible."

TERRENCE HOWARD
    How does Howard, 36, rate his sexiness on a scale of 1 to 10? "It's unratable," says the married father of three. "The minute you rate yourself you're done. Your quest is over." And come Oscar time, the buzzworthy star of Hustle & Flow and Crash says, "Whatever happens, man, I'm still sexy. I'm damn sexy."

VIGGO MORTENSEN
    "He's a different sort of person," says Maria Bello of her A History of Violence costar Mortensen, 47. "He truly lives his life with art. You can't separate Viggo from his art. Everything he does is art."

VINCE VAUGHN
    At 35, Vaughn's magnetism is palpable. "His persona, when he goes into a room, is so much larger than life that he immediately fills the room," says his Mr. & Mrs. Smith director, Doug Liman. And the actor Jennifer Aniston's new squeeze has a way with words. "He's like a verbal stunt pilot," says pal Jeremy Piven. "He's got a lot of confidence."

NICK LACHEY
    Lachey, 32, not only has wife Jessica Simpson to keep him grounded, but also his high school buddies. "We see movies, work out, go to the grocery store normal stuff," he says. But the ultra-fit pop star says there's one indulgence he can't resist: "Sugar-free vanilla latte. I've definitely become dependent on coffee."

HEATH LEDGER
    Surfer-dude hair and scruffy whiskers? Gone. Bachelor pad in Los Feliz, Calif.? Sold. At 26, the Aussie actor and erstwhile teen heartthrob is moving on, and yes, maturity becomes him. With partner Michelle Williams, Ledger's now dad to Matilda, born in October, and he's upping the stakes onscreen, riding roughshod over sexual taboos in the forthcoming Brokeback Mountain.

DANIEL DAE KIM
    Because he plays such a serious character on ABC's Lost, people are pleasantly surprised to see Kim, 37, grin offscreen. "I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on my smile," says the married father of two. Even sweeter, the actor, who came to the U.S. from Korea when he was a toddler, is a romantic. "I've hung onto almost every love letter any girl has ever written me."

KEITH URBAN
    "I spent several hours with him recording 'The Twelfth of Never' for my new CD," says Dolly Parton about Aussie country rocker Keith Urban, 38. "The longer I was with him, the sexier he got. I couldn't keep my mind on my business." It's no wonder Nicole Kidman is spending so much time with him on his Harley.

IAN MCSHANE
    The 63-year-old star of HBO's Deadwood is the real thing just like his trademark mustache. But, he says, "Every summer I shave it off as soon as I finish the show. My wife (actress Gwen Humble) is not a fan." Still, no one can deny his sultry appeal. "Am I sexier now than when I started out? I would hope so!" says the Blackburn, England, native.

MATT DAMON
    When pal (and former Sexiest Man Alive) George Clooney heard that Damon had popped the question to nonceleb Luciana Barroso, he exclaimed: "Can you believe it? He's settling down. Another one bites the dust." But for the actor, 35, it's all about keeping it real: He's already bought a house in Miami so his future stepdaughter, Alexia, 7, can go to school there.

DENIS LEARY
    The star of the FX firefighter series Rescue Me knows how to generate his own heat: "No matter what anybody says, relationships are based on physical attraction. The first time I saw my wife, it was pure animal whatever," he says. But he's a tough guy with a soft heart the 48-year-old actor has raised $5 million since 2000 to benefit fire departments across the country.

ANDERSON COOPER
    "I am pale and skinny with gray hair," says the host of Anderson Cooper 360. "I don't get the appeal." But his viewers do. Anderson, 38, is CNN's "Man of the Hour," and his riveting coverage of Hurricane Katrina helped propel his program into a coveted prime-time spot. "I am haunted by people I have met, stories I have told, places I have been. I am changed by all the stories I do."

CLIVE OWEN
    Angelina Jolie once raved that "Clive is one of the best kissers." Of course, that was onscreen in 2003's Beyond Borders. In real life, the British heartthrob, 41 who's now romancing Jennifer Aniston in the sexy thriller Derailed is a one-woman man: The 6'2", green-eyed stunner is married to actress Sarah-Jane Fenton and is the father of two.

Elite Member

Default Re: People Magazine Sexiest Men Alive 2005

This top is a disappointment for me .

Patrick Dempsey is the only one on the list I'd fall for.

I agree with Clive!

That's awesome that Denis Leary (hot in his own weird way) and Ian McShane made it on there. McShane is classic on Deadwood.

Silver Member

None of the were sexy to me...

None of 'em do it for me either. So blah...
    The first step to acquiring wisdom is to admit that you really know nothing.

I have always thought Matthew McConaughey is just plain nasty. I have NEVER got his appeal.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

They did something similar in a Rolling Stone "100 Best Guitarists" list. It's all an effing popularity contest.
    2 years...

nick lachey? sexy?

i think the fact of who nick's married to makes him MOST unappealing, but if i saw him on the street, i'd probably do a double-take!
    The first step to acquiring wisdom is to admit that you really know nothing.

clive owen, patrick dempsey, heath ledger, viggo mortensen... yummy
    the deadwood guy's kinda hott in a smarmy heathcliff kinda way
    the rest... blah
    and nick lachey is beyond gross

Yuck.

that is a bad list! btw who decides? people magazine themselves or do they have a "survey"?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHaze View Post
    that is a bad list! btw who decides?
    I always wonder about that myself!

It's often the people who are the flavor of the moment, or in the news at the time the lists are made up, that make it on these lists and wouldn't be considered otherwise. Remember the Mel Gibson heydays? Wasn't he the "sexiest" a few years in a row, right at the height of "Lethal Weapon" fame?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information