Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyonce - Swedish Cosmopolitan - October 2006

Silver Member

Default Beyonce - Swedish Cosmopolitan - October 2006

funny how she keeps getting lighter..and lighter...
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Elite Member

I think she is soooo pretty. Gorgeous girl.

i agree...she does seem to get lighter and lighter..but she is beautiful..i know shes lost some weight..i just hope she doesnt take it too far...what happened to bootylicious?!?!

She is soo white looking. It's kinda scary. And she's starting to really resemble her mother. Which is even scarier.

She is pretty, but I just don't like her.

Elite Member

She doesn't look any 'whiter' in these pictures than she does on t.v....she is a light-complected black girl. She does look like her mother though...even though her dad is dark, Beyonce has her mother's skin color.

Silver Member

Beyonce is naturally light-skinned, and there are many light-skinned black people just like her. But I don't think it's impossible to believe these photos were airbrushed to make her appear lighter then she really is. Because I know in her childhood pics, and when she first came out with Destiny's Child, she was nowhere near as light as these pics. I remember some of the cut-out photos, where she is featured in various outfits (The 3rd and 5th pages) and in the originals she was light caramel complected, but in these photos, her skin just appears "fair" or like a "tanned" white woman.

No offence to Beyonce, But the media props her up as the representative of a beautiful black woman. What does she have - Light skin, long blond weave, and a slimmed down nose? They will only accept versions of black beauty that esteem eurocentrism. There's a reason why black women aren't featured on a "Swedish" Cosmopolitan magazine cover, and when they put one on there, she has to to accentuate an european aesthetic.

^Too true.

Anyways, this is the exact same article that's in the Mexican Cosmo, which for some reason is in my doctor's waiting room. Beyonce sucks in Swedish, too.
    2 years...

IMO, Jill Scott is a beautiful example of a strong, talented black woman.
    She is every bit as talented, well more so and you don't see her hardly anywhere.

we know she is light skinned..but if you look at horrible music video she has out now..she looks practically white...
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Elite Member

I was darker when I was younger...I think a lot of people are darker when they're small because you're outside playing more in the sun. We usually tend to spend more time indoors when we're older and therefore get pale. But, I definitely got lighter as I got older because I'm pretty light-complected now. Plus, as adult women we do wear make up, so that will usually lighten us up a bit. When you're a child you don't have foundation or powder on. I don't think Beyonce's bleaching her skin like Michael Jackson...lol

Now about the media, Halle Berry is a darker skinned black woman who's considered beautiful. Obviously she's not as dark as Angela Bassett but she is darker than Beyonce or Vanessa Williams. I understand what you're saying but I do think beauty goes across the board now...if it's not a pretty face they focus on, theyre going to focus on a great figure. I think the media has caught on that light, medium or dark, there are a lot of attractive black women out there and they put the spotlight on them. I don't think it's as racist as before. Mary J. Blige has been a bombshell for years and constantly in the press. So has Lil' Kim...even before she went to jail, she was always in the papers because of her figure and her skimpy outfits...and look at Vivica Fox. She's always in the papers in regards to 'hot' women in their 40's. All these women are attractive, they get their fair air play too.

I honestly don't think Beyonce is trying to look 'white'. She's entitled to dye her hair dark or light just like any caucasian or hispanic woman does. Plus, her boyfriend is black and he has the features of an African-American man, not European at all, so I don't think it matters to her. She's obviously attracted to that type of look as well.
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; September 21st, 2006 at 03:24 PM.

Her nose looks wider in these pics; prolly cause they didn't photoshop it as much like they do in the states.

Mary J Blige . . . not what I would call a bombshell and she doesn't really sell mags.

Vivica Fox, used to be good looking but is now a cautionary tale of what happens when you overdo ps.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    Her nose looks wider in these pics; prolly cause they didn't photoshop it as much like they do in the states.

Mary J Blige . . . not what I would call a bombshell and she doesn't really sell mags.

Vivica Fox, used to be good looking but is now a cautionary tale of what happens when you overdo ps.
    Good eye! I went back and looked at her photos in the Blender magazine. Her nose does look wider here. Not that it matters. She may bore me to tears, but I will admit that she's very pretty.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

I had that cosmo magazine, and is a few months older

Elite Member

Those boobs in the first pic look a *leetle* ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information