Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sylkyn

Thread: Gina Rodriguez - Cosmopolitan - February 2019

Default Gina Rodriguez - Cosmopolitan - February 2019

On her humble beginnings as an actress: “I was a broke, starving artist for years before I got Jane the Virgin… It’s interesting. As a performer, you have to quite literally bury your life. At the same time, every day on-set I’m like, How the hell did I get this lucky? To live out your dreams is a really surreal experience.”

On growing up feeling unrepresented on screen: “I felt very alone growing up. I didn’t feel represented. I didn’t feel a part of the conversation. And if you see yourself projected, you believe you are worthy, valuable.”

On the struggles of being in the public eye: “The anxiety started coming, like, two years into Jane. I had my first panic attack at a sushi restaurant. All of a sudden, I thought I was going to die, and people are taking pictures. It was horrendous. There are a lot of things in the manual of living out your dreams that you don’t know about. Like you don’t have any more friends. You never go out to eat. You never see your family, your boyfriend, girlfriend, or whatever you have….”

On her fiancé, actor Joe LoCicero: “Dating Joe was a new experience for me because I put myself first. For so long, I put every man in front of me. As a successful woman, it is so hard because of our cultural norms that, like, the man has to be the breadwinner! And the man has to be the more powerful one. It was so difficult for me to find a man who didn’t want me to dim my light for his ego.”

On her self-worth: “I finally love my body. I let go of the anxiety and the fear of not looking beautiful. Because it’s not about the picture. It’s about the fact that I stand on this cover with every Latina who wished she saw herself reflected. Because it’s not my face—it’s the 55-million-plus girls who are like, ‘Holy shit! We belong.’”

"Tăo estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

That Cosmo cover is highly unflattering. Makes her look like she's pregnant or just has a gut. Plus, it's a hideous green animal print. Cheap.
    I love the over-the-top shoes in the second picture. They're so ugly they're cute!
    fgg likes this.

Thread Information