• 5 Post By Waterslide
  • 5 Post By Beeyotch
  • 2 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By denny

Thread: Julia Roberts - Harper’s Bazaar‘s - November 2018 Daring issue

Default Julia Roberts - Harper’s Bazaar‘s - November 2018 Daring issue

On when her kids figured out that she is America’s beloved-sweetheart actress: “I don’t think they will ever have a true sense of that. I think I told you once when they were starting to figure it out, it was like, ‘You’re famous?’ And I said, ‘I think a lot of people might have seen the movie that I’m in or might know who I am.’ Maybe an hour goes by. ‘Are you more famous than Taylor Swift?’”

On keeping her kids away from false tabloid stories about her marriage: “Sometimes we are in the grocery store and I won’t even know something is out, but we’ll see a tabloid and we’ll all be standing there like, “Oh, that’s uncomfortable. This is really uncomfortable.” It can still hurt my feelings, because I’m so proud of my marriage. We just celebrated being married for 16 years this Fourth of July, and there’s so much happiness wrapped up in what we’ve found together. What I like is when they write, ‘the $150 million divorce,’ and then a week later a different tabloid says, ‘the $275 million divorce.” I’m like, ‘Well, somebody got a paycheck in the last week. This is getting good.’”

On why she decided to join Instagram: “Well, a few things. I think one of the things, obviously my kids were asking about it. “Why don’t you do that? That’d be cool.” … It’s definitely a balancing act, and it’s been tricky figuring out what to post because I am private, but I am also friendly… Although something did happen recently on my niece Emma [Roberts]’s Instagram that I think taught me a lot about what it’s like being a young person in today’s society. One weekend morning Emma slept over, and we got up and were having tea and playing cards and having this beautiful morning, and then a couple of days later she posted a picture of us. And the number of people who felt absolutely required to talk about how terrible I looked in the picture—that I’m not aging well, that I look like a man, why would she even post a picture like this when I look that terrible! And I was amazed at how that made me feel. I’m a 50-year-old woman and I know who I am, and still my feelings got hurt. I was sad that people couldn’t see the point of it, the sweetness of it, the absolute shining joy of that photo. I thought, ‘What if I was 15?’”

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I think she looks good in these.
    rollo and fgg like this.

That cover pic is so not her style and she looks ridiculous.

Didn't read the article but is asking her why she joined Instagram remotely interesting? No. I thought it was to spy on the loser husband, but do you really need a reason?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

OMG it's this horse-faced bitch in PINK, ffs!
    DawnM74, BITTER, palta and 2 others like this.

The too wide smile is disconcerting. I know she always grins like a jack-o-lantern, but she looks a little unhinged here. I do kinda like the black outfit, but that pink monstrosity is not cutting it.
    DawnM74 and BITTER like this.

I think these are fun. She looks pretty good for 50.
    fgg likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I love that second shot with the over the top pink dress, I think it looks cool
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

It's funny she's mountain climbing in that gown, I like the black outfit. She still needs to learn to smile less. It was fine when she was 20 but now it really screws up her face. She has always seemed to me to be grounded and less fake than most celebrities.

I'd rather remember her in that stunning red gown in PRETTY WOMAN with her hair in that retro upsweep, and those obscene jewels on her neck. That's the Julia Roberts I know...I don't know who this is.
    denny and Beeyotch like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I loved her in Pretty Woman as well - inspired little 12 year old me after watching it on TV to turn my life around and be more beautiful. It didn't last long, just long enough to wash my hair that evening

Today all I can see are her frightening set of teeth and her big mouth. Really creepy, as if she had a second row of teeth hiding in there.

(Sorry, I had some really extra bad days and all the bitterness has to go somewhere. I actually feel like this shark right now. Ready to bite someone where it hurts .)
    BITTER likes this.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

Thread Information