Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By darksithbunny

Thread: Charlize Theron - British GQ - May 2016

Default Charlize Theron - British GQ - May 2016

Charlize Theron: ‘Pretty people get turned away first’ from meaty roles

Charlize Theron covers the new issue of British GQ to promote her role in The Huntsman: Winter’s War. I enjoy a good old-fashioned promotional tour, and Charlize has been shilling hard. I kind of wonder if the studio is going to lose money on this film though, just because no one really knows what it’s about, nor do they care? Still, if it bombs, no one will be able to blame Charlize. She’s shilling like a champ. GQ released some early quotes from the cover interview, and I have to say… I like Charlize’s head space these days. She’s 40 years old and I think she ran out of f—ks a while back. She’s complaining about how hard it is to be a beautiful woman in Hollywood, but she manages to NOT sound like a Jessica Biel-esque try-hard.

On being typecast: “Jobs with real gravitas go to people that are physically right for them and that’s the end of the story. How many roles are out there for the gorgeous, f***ing, gown-wearing eight-foot model? When meaty roles come through, I’ve been in the room and pretty people get turned away first.”

On ageing: “We live in a society where women wilt and men age like fine wine. And, for a long time, women accepted it. We were waiting for society to change, but now we’re taking leadership. It would be a lie to say there is less worry for women as they get older than there is for men… It feels there’s this unrealistic standard of what a woman is supposed to look like when she’s over 40.”

On South Africa: “I love my country. And it’s very hard for South Africans to believe that, because I left and speak in an American accent. I have a very, very strong connection to my country and to its people. It’s the mother that might have abandoned me, in a weird way, but not all the way. I’m not having a pity party, but I’m constantly trying to win its love back.”

http://www.celebitchy.com/

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Bitch is fucking stunning to look at.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Pretty! Love the shoes.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

She is stunning, but her leg in the cover picture looks badly photoshopped (the part near the "GQ" logo).

She is gorgeous.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Legs for days.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Bitch is fucking stunning to look at.

Yet, she comments on the struggles of being pretty

She is so beautiful, but yet when I looked at the cover photos, I didn't see her face first but the tat on her ankle just screamed out. I know most men probably saw her pretty sweet butt.
    arie_skop likes this.

Thread Information