Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 2 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By Bellatheball

Thread: Ronda Rousey, Mens Fitness Australia (all the boys get maaad.. Eww a GIRL! ;)

Elite Member

Default Ronda Rousey, Mens Fitness Australia (all the boys get maaad.. Eww a GIRL! ;)

Rousey mag cover sparks backlash

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/rousey-mag-cover-sparks-backlash/ar-AAfaT2Z?li=AAabC8j&ocid=

AAP
    2 hrs ago

(Mens Fitness Magazine)

UFC Champion Ronda Rousey has Australian men up in arms for appearing on the cover of Men's Fitness Australia magazine.

The cover shows Ronda Rousey with captions "WTF RONDA ROUSEY ON THE COVER", "How Ronda Rousey will make you tougher" and "Think You're Tough?"

Critics turned to social media to either ask why a woman is on the cover of a men's fitness magazine or expressed outrage with sexist remarks.

"Ok, can we drop the feminism, equality charade now. How far is this gonna go? No matter how great shape a women is for her to be on the front cover of MEN'S health is absurd," Alexander Loxton said.

"This is absolutely ridiculous. Big supporter of Ronda and her style but this is a men's magazine," Jeffrey Hargrove said.

Some comments, however, were abusive.

"This is just so... retarded!! A screaming example of PC gone too far! So when is Manny Pacquiao gonna be on the cover of Women's Fitness mag?" Wan Racer said.

"Well she is a man so what's the deal?" John Hedlensson said.

Ronda Rousey and Men's Fitness have yet to respond to the backlash.
    dowcat likes this.

I agree. Why put a woman on the cover? Wonder if it will sell badly.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I love her.
    dowcat and LastLook like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^Me too.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

LOL I like it. She is tough. Watched a couple of her training videos, she can tell you how to get tougher. Even if you are a man.

I still look forward to the day when she is defeated (without feeling schadenfreude), so far it's superhuman what she does.

Me and the Mr. had an argument about her the other day. I guess she was / in some twitter exchange with Floyd Mayweather. That led to a "could she beat him" conversation. I said no. Husband said yes but only if Mayweather wasn't allowed to box. WTF? Says me. She gets to use the skills she has honed her entire life but he can't? Mr. Corn says that makes the fight "fair." I told him to STFU and then I ordered another drink.

Anyway, what's the big deal she's on the cover. I think it's kind of cool.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I LOVE that she's on the cover. Rock on with your bad self.
    LastLook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Me and the Mr. had an argument about her the other day. I guess she was / in some twitter exchange with Floyd Mayweather. That led to a "could she beat him" conversation. I said no. Husband said yes but only if Mayweather wasn't allowed to box. WTF? Says me. She gets to use the skills she has honed her entire life but he can't? Mr. Corn says that makes the fight "fair." I told him to STFU and then I ordered another drink.

Anyway, what's the big deal she's on the cover. I think it's kind of cool.
    I was thinking about it too, putting her and him in a cage... Well, she has improved boxing wise, but she still needs a lot to learn how to duck, avoid professional boxers, I think. Once she's done that, she's got a good chance to dislocate a thing or two.
    Out on the streets with some krav maga thrown in? If she doesn't get punched straight in the face she'd have a great chance to have him stay down.

I love that she's on the cover and I am laughing at the men-tears. LOL.

Thread Information