Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch

Thread: Jessica Alba Latina April 2013

Horrid outfit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah.. Would be cuter if the top was more simple

I'm not liking these belly shirts everyone is wearing...they need to stay in 1997.
    Belt Up likes this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I'm sorry but she shouldn't be put on any Latin type magazine. Or maybe I'm the only one who remembers MiserAlba dissing her heritage:

Alba is my last name and I'm proud of that. But that's it. My grandparents were born in California, the same as my parents, and though I may be proud of my last name, I'm American. Throughout my whole life, I've never felt connected to one particular race or heritage, nor did I feel accepted by any. If you break it down, I'm less Latina than Cameron Diaz, whose father is Cuban. But people don't call her Latina because she's blonde.

"I've got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out."
    "My grandfather was the only Mexican at his college, the only Hispanic person at work and the only one at the all-white country club. He tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn't speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose."
    "My whole life, when I was growing up, not one race has ever accepted me, ... So I never felt connected or attached to any race specifically. I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not fitting; it would be insincere."
    "My grandfather was the only one in our family to go to college. He made a choice not to speak Spanish in the house. He didn't want his kids to be different."
    "[Before] I always felt like such an outcast and now I feel like people are more diverse ethnically. I was always self conscience of my puffy lips and darker skin when I was a kid, because I felt like I didn't fit in. And now its mainstream, and color isn't as big of a deal and if anything its better."
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"I feel as if I have finally cut loose" - excuse me?!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I get some of what she's saying, about not feeling accepted by either culture or race, and the desperate idea that some immigrants want to Americanize their kids so they'll fit in--but a lot of what she's saying goes into disdain for her own race.

A lot of second-generation Americans from other ethnic groups feel the same--not being accepted by either Americans or their own culture--I did. But I still feel proud of the heritage I do come from, even if I have trouble identifying with it completely. There's nothing insincere about that. She seems so dismissive and glad that she's not "really" Mexican, it implies she thinks there's something wrong or lesser about that.

At the same time, it's important for diversity's sake. It's good for little Latina girls out there to see someone who looks like them on the cover of magazines. It would be nice if she was prouder of it.
    rollo likes this.

^ I agree. The only thing I really like about the cover is the bracelet.

Thread Information