Thread: Angelina Jolie - The Hollywood Reporter

Default Angelina Jolie - The Hollywood Reporter

On when she wrote the In the Land of Blood and Honey script: “I wrote whenever I could, when the kids were asleep or in their classes. Halfway through some of the most horrific scenes, I’d hear, ‘Mommy, I need another story, I can’t go to sleep,’ and so I’d pause what I was doing and go tell happy stories about bunny villages. I studied a lot about the war, and watched a lot of documentaries.
    On her kids knowing about her humanitarian work: “They know that mommy, on occasion, goes off to Libya or other places. I make them very conscious of the fact that there are a lot of people struggling through different things, and I don’t protect them from the fact that war isn’t a video game, it’s a very, very horrible thing.”
    On the status of Kung Fu Panda 3: “We can say we are in discussions. Tigress is my alternate personality, especially with children. I love animation because you get to do things you don’t normally get to. For one, I could bring my kids and wear my pajamas, and hang out with Jen. And my character is just so badass.”

Celebrity News and Gossip | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I read she's being sued for plagiarism. Didn't she originally claim she wrote the script in three days whilst battling the flu? Plagiarism makes more sense.

^^^Yup, and she is denying
    Angelina Jolie Denies Plagiarism Charge Against Directorial Debut: "It's Par for the Course"
    Well, that didn't take long.

Just a couple of days ago, Angelina Jolie's artistic integrity was called into question when a Croatian journalist filed suit against the movie star, claiming she plagiarized his book when crafting her directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey.

And now, the actress has spoken out against the claims. So, what does she have to say?

MORE: Is Angie's new movie a total rip-off?

Turns out, the best defense is…well, simply being above the fray to begin with.

During an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Jolie expertly brushed off the lawsuit and its claims of plot pilfering.

"It's par for the course," she said. "It happens on almost every film."

MORE: What's the one topic Angelina and Brad agree to disagree on?

And while the star is quick to acknowledge that she used a wide range of source material for the film, despite his allegations to the contrary, James Braddock's The Subject Work was not one of them.

"There are many books and documentaries that I did pull from," she told the paper. "It's a combination of many people's stories. But that particular book I've never seen."

Forget staying above the fray. The best defense is knowing you're not in the wrong to begin with.

Read more: Angelina Jolie Denies Plagiarism Charge Against Directorial Debut: "It's Par for the Course" - E! Online

I don't know how often these kinds of suits happen. Could be coincendence (I mean a love story during a war is hardly original) but... see bolded below.

____

Angelina Jolie has responded to charges that she stole the idea for her new Yugoslav War film, "In The Land Of Blood And Honey," from a book published in 2007 by author James Braddock.

"There are many books and documentaries that I did pull from. It's a combination of many people's stories," she told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday. "But that particular book I've never seen."

The book, "A Soul Shattering," features the story of Bosnian women stuck in rape camps during the mid-to-late 90's war. Jolie's film features a twisted love story between a Serbian soldier and a Bosnian woman who is imprisoned in his camp. Braddock claims that he met with a producer named Eden Sarkic number of times to discuss adapting the book to film, giving her ideas that he says were then used in "Blood and Honey." Sarkic produced the film with Jolie.

The actress/director, a longtime human rights advocate, has said that she was hit with the idea when she was sick at home, leading her to write the entire script very quickly. She's also stressed how important authenticity in the film was to her, leading to collaboration from the cast and crew.

Angelina Jolie Plagiarism Lawsuit: 'Land Of Blood And Honey' Director Denies Charge

It sounds like a debatable story for entertainment regardless.

Did she say 'hang out with Jen?'

Could be plagiarism, or could be a writer that has a similar story and is looking for free advertising.

god, is that an appreciation cover for fiveheads ? fug
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Could be plagiarism, or could be a writer that has a similar story and is looking for free advertising.
    Of course. But this guy claims to have met with her producer and had several conversations / meetings about turning his book into a movie. Then she "wrote" a very similar script and here we are.

I can't stand that bitch and I don't believe that she is capable to wrote a script about that complex issue. No way. She is capable to pay off a lot of people.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Eat something. Jesus.

Thread Information